Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

InfraBlue

Fri 20 Dec, 2019 05:48 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Quote:
so with that brilliant awakening , what do you propose to be done to stop all the gun deaths in which our country is the 1st world's leading nation in senseless gun deaths.

I propose to do nothing as I don't think the gun violence in the US is as bad as the anti-gun left make it out to be. I believe in the 2nd Amendment and it's claim of "Shall not be infringed", you know the only Amendment in the Constitution or Bill of Rights to have such a phrase.

Just like the National Firearms Act wasn't an infringement, the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act wasn't an infringement; future regulations, restrictions and bans won't be infringements as well.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 04:53 am
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
so with that brilliant awakening , what do you propose to be done to stop all the gun deaths in which our country is the 1st world's leading nation in senseless gun deaths.

I propose that we ensure that gun deaths continue undiminished in any way, and that everyone make fun of progressives when they get upset about these gun deaths.

farmerman wrote:
The old chestnut that says,
"what stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns",
has been shown to be total bullshit.

Nonsense. Don't be silly.

But if you think that your nonsense is true, I presume that you are now pressing to disarm police officers?
0 Replies

oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 04:55 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
That's a dumb straw man argument. I'll leave it for you two to chase.

You keep littering your posts with untrue accusations of straw man arguments against both me and Glennn, as well as making up your own fraudulent definitions of words and falsely accusing me of doing the same. It's getting to the point that the actual substantive points of contention are beginning to be buried in all of the noise that you are putting out.

Since everyone already understands that your static is untrue, I'm going to disregard it and focus on the actual substantive points of contention.

No one should take the fact that I am not addressing your false accusations as acceptance that they are true.

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You are the one who insists on outlawing them for no reason. How is that his obsession?

Because that's not what I insist on outlawing.

That is incorrect. When you demand a law that outlaws pistol grips, that is an attempt to outlaw pistol grips.

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You cannot provide any evidence that adding a pistol grip to a semi-auto weapon makes that weapon shoot more efficiently.

It's infered.

So in other words you cannot back up your claims.

InfraBlue wrote:
I'm not pressing to ban them.

That is incorrect. When you demand a law that outlaws pistol grips and AR-15 rifles, that is an attempt to outlaw pistol grips and AR-15 rifles.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 04:57 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
What you are wrongly referring to as an assault weapon is just an ordinary rifle with a pistol grip attached to it.

You are wrong.

No I'm not. What you are wrongly referring to as an assault weapon is just an ordinary hunting rifle with a pistol grip attached to it.

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Your inference is factually incorrect.

How is it incorrect?

Your inability to back up your claims shows that your claims are untrue.

InfraBlue wrote:
Call them whatever you want. How are they factually incorrect?

InfraBlue wrote:
That is incorrect. They do improve efficiency.

Nonsense. Let's see some evidence to prove that they increase efficiency.

InfraBlue wrote:
Certain rifles with pistol grips, e.g. the AR-15 are human-hunting rifles.

That is incorrect. Human-hunting rifles have full-auto or burst-fire capability.

InfraBlue wrote:
There is justification for outlawing them.

That is incorrect. There is no justification for outlawing ordinary hunting rifles.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:04 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It allows for the quicker pulling of the trigger.

Nonsense. Let's see some evidence of this.

InfraBlue wrote:
With other variables being the same, a pistol grip allows for a more accurate aiming of the rifle.

And let's see some evidence of this as well.

It should also be noted that, even if you had been correct about pistol grips increasing accuracy, "being accurate" does not justify outlawing a rifle.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:05 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
It allows for the faster operation of the trigger by the shooter, and it allows for a more accurate aiming of the weapon.

Nonsense. How about some evidence to back up these claims?

Not to mention the fact that "being accurate" does not justify outlawing a rifle.

InfraBlue wrote:
Like I've said, it's inferred. Take it or leave it.

In other words, you are unable to back up your claims.

InfraBlue wrote:
No, I haven't failed to produce anything. I've produced a conclusion based on inference.

That is incorrect. You have failed to produce any evidence to back up your claims.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:23 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Selective fire does not an assault rifle make, so to speak.

That is incorrect.

Assault rifles:

a) are capable of either full-auto or burst-fire,

b) accept detachable magazines,

c) fire rounds that are less powerful than a standard deer rifle, and

d) are effective at a range of 300 meters.

This means that semi-auto-only guns are not assault rifles.

This means that guns with fixed magazines are not assault rifles.

This means that guns that fire rounds equal-to or greater-than the power of a standard deer rifle are not assault rifles.

This means that guns that fire handgun/shotgun/rimfire rounds are not assault rifles.

InfraBlue wrote:
For now, we'll stick to assault weapons.

You are not addressing assault weapons. You are attacking ordinary hunting rifles that are commonly used to eliminate small predators like foxes and coyotes before they can raid the chicken coop.
farmerman

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:23 am
@oralloy,
If you recall the 1994 "Assault weapons Ban" legislation called them "assault or assault style" rifles. Even though the enabling legislation was sundowned, I dont think Congress, or its lexicographrs have abandoned the terms.

oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:25 am
@farmerman,
It remains a fraudulent definition even if progressives have not abandoned it.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:26 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
That article was entirely about phobia of pistol grips.

Says you.

I say it because it is true. Different people have different skills. I'm really skilled at pointing out facts.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:27 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
You are talking about ordinary weapons used for normal hunting of varmints and game animals. I'm talking about human-hunting rifles.

That is incorrect. Human-hunting rifles are capable of full-auto or burst-fire.

Semi-auto-only rifles are not human-hunting rifles.
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:28 am
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
Just like the National Firearms Act wasn't an infringement,

People can provide a compelling government interest to justify restricting full-auto weapons.

InfraBlue wrote:
the Public Safety and Recreational Firearms Use Protection Act wasn't an infringement;

That is incorrect. You cannot provide any compelling government interest to justify outlawing pistol grips.

InfraBlue wrote:
future regulations, restrictions and bans won't be infringements as well.

That is incorrect. You've not provided nearly enough details of these nebulous "future regulations, restrictions, and bans" to justify any conclusion that they do not violate the Constitution.

Not to mention the fact that you won't get any new regulations at all without the support of people like me. And I will oppose all new gun regulations until you've paid adequate compensation to your victims.
0 Replies

farmerman

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:51 am
@oralloy,
It it is what it is. Dont go spinning yourself around in crazy circles trying to use your partisan "logic" to deny the facts>
oralloy

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 05:59 am
@farmerman,
You cannot provide any examples of me denying any facts.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:10 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
That's a dumb straw man argument. I'll leave it for you two to chase.

You keep littering your posts with untrue accusations of straw man arguments against both me and Glennn, as well as making up your own fraudulent definitions of words and falsely accusing me of doing the same. It's getting to the point that the actual substantive points of contention are beginning to be buried in all of the noise that you are putting out.

You're wrong. All Glennn has is straw man arguments that you've attempted to defend. The definitions I'm going by are those found in acts of law. You've demonstrated that you go by your alternate English language. I'll stick to the English language used in those acts of law, thank you. The noise is Glennn's straw man arguments and your attempts to defend them.

oralloy wrote:
Since everyone already understands that your static is untrue, I'm going to disregard it and focus on the actual substantive points of contention.

No one should take the fact that I am not addressing your false accusations as acceptance that they are true.

Good, thank you for dropping your defense of Glennn's dumb straw man arguments. That will eliminate much of the interference in the beating of this dead horse of a thread.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You are the one who insists on outlawing them for no reason. How is that his obsession?

Because that's not what I insist on outlawing.

That is incorrect. When you demand a law that outlaws pistol grips, that is an attempt to outlaw pistol grips.

You're mischaracterizing the law I demand.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
You cannot provide any evidence that adding a pistol grip to a semi-auto weapon makes that weapon shoot more efficiently.

It's infered.

So in other words you cannot back up your claims.

The inferrence is backed up by observation.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
I'm not pressing to ban them.

That is incorrect. When you demand a law that outlaws pistol grips and AR-15 rifles, that is an attempt to outlaw pistol grips and AR-15 rifles.

To be clear, I'm pressing to ban AR-15 rifles, not pistol grips in and of themselves.
InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:35 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
What you are wrongly referring to as an assault weapon is just an ordinary rifle with a pistol grip attached to it.

You are wrong.

No I'm not. What you are wrongly referring to as an assault weapon is just an ordinary hunting rifle with a pistol grip attached to it.

You're merely being repetitive.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Your inference is factually incorrect.

How is it incorrect?

Observation backs up my claim. You assertion is a logical fallacy even if I couldn't back up my claims.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Call them whatever you want. How are they factually incorrect?

You're repeating your logical fallacy.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
That is incorrect. They do improve efficiency.

Nonsense. Let's see some evidence to prove that they increase efficiency.

Fire a semi-automatic rifle with a pistol grip as fast as you can pull the trigger and compare the rate with a similar rifle that has a straight grip.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Certain rifles with pistol grips, e.g. the AR-15 are human-hunting rifles.

That is incorrect. Human-hunting rifles have full-auto or burst-fire capability.

You're merely being repetitive, again.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
There is justification for outlawing them.

That is incorrect. There is no justification for outlawing ordinary hunting rifles.

You are incorrect in your first assertion. You are correct in your second assertion. You're muddling these different weapons.
InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:41 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
It allows for the quicker pulling of the trigger.

Nonsense. Let's see some evidence of this.

InfraBlue wrote:
With other variables being the same, a pistol grip allows for a more accurate aiming of the rifle.

And let's see some evidence of this as well.

See my previous post.

oralloy wrote:
It should also be noted that, even if you had been correct about pistol grips increasing accuracy, "being accurate" does not justify outlawing a rifle.

I concur.
InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:46 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
It allows for the faster operation of the trigger by the shooter, and it allows for a more accurate aiming of the weapon.

Nonsense. How about some evidence to back up these claims?

See my earlier post.

oralloy wrote:

Not to mention the fact that "being accurate" does not justify outlawing a rifle.

That's right.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
Like I've said, it's inferred. Take it or leave it.

In other words, you are unable to back up your claims.

You're incorrect.

oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
No, I haven't failed to produce anything. I've produced a conclusion based on inference.

That is incorrect. You have failed to produce any evidence to back up your claims.

One thing is producing a conclusion based on inference; another thing is producing evidence to back up a claim. You're confusing the two.
InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:47 am
@oralloy,
Says you.
InfraBlue

Sat 21 Dec, 2019 11:49 am
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
That article was entirely about phobia of pistol grips.

Says you.

I say it because it is true. Different people have different skills. I'm really skilled at pointing out facts.

What is true here and what you claim to be true are two starkly different things.