Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

InfraBlue

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:35 pm
@oralloy,
I didn't name call. I psychoanalytically described the psychology and behavior of some gun nuts.
Glennn

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:48 pm
@InfraBlue,
There are nuts in every group, aren't there? Hell, there's a lot of anti-gun nuts who believe that the government should use law enforcement to go house to house and confiscate every single semiautomatic gun from every American. How's that for nuts?
BillW

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 05:59 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

I didn't name call. I psychoanalytically described the psychology and behavior of some gun nuts.

Truth hurts!
BillRM

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:00 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

There are nuts in every group, aren't there? Hell, there's a lot of anti-gun nuts who believe that the government should use law enforcement to go house to house and confiscate every single semiautomatic gun from every American. How's that for nuts?

LOL it working fairly well for the UK and Europe as a whole but I can see how two revolvers and one shotgun and one Japanese sword on my wall is not enough weapons for my household and I do have a need to go on a weapons buying spree for more military type weapons with large magazines.
Glennn

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:02 pm
@BillRM,
I know, right? It's hard to believe, but it's true.
BillRM

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:14 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

I know, right? It's hard to believe, but it's true.

I would not mind having a BAR to my firearm collection so there is a little gun nut in all of us but having a need for such firepower seems unlikely.
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:17 pm
@BillRM,
So you're good with the confiscation of all guns except for shotguns and revolvers? And when people continue murdering, but with shotguns and revolvers, are you going to jump on the bandwagon with others who will call for banning those guns, too?
oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:21 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:

You were name-calling. And when freedom haters engage in name-calling, it is because they are incapable of making an intelligent argument.
oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:23 pm
@BillW,
BillW wrote:
Truth hurts!

There is nothing truthful about your name-calling.
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 06:35 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
but I can see how two revolvers and one shotgun and one Japanese sword on my wall is not enough weapons for my household

You should have at least one repeating centerfire rifle in case you ever need to punch through Kevlar.

I'd advise H&K's version of the AR platform. They are pretty expensive (about $5,000 a gun as I recall). But they are really well made.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK416
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_HK417
0 Replies

BillRM

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 07:38 pm
@Glennn,
Glennn wrote:

So you're good with the confiscation of all guns except for shotguns and revolvers? And when people continue murdering, but with shotguns and revolvers, are you going to jump on the bandwagon with others who will call for banning those guns, too?

Forty or so humans are not normally murder with revolvers or even shotguns at one time in schools or at events.
BillW

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 07:45 pm
My M-60 is all I need!
0 Replies

Glennn

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:05 pm
@BillRM,
Quote:
Forty or so humans are not normally murder with revolvers or even shotguns at one time in schools or at events.

Forty or so humans are not normally murdered using guns other than shotguns and revolvers.

Also, what are you going to want to ban after murders continue with sawed-off shotguns and multiple revolvers? Could it be . . . shotguns and revolvers?
0 Replies

oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 08:30 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 people using handguns. A guy carrying a bunch of revolvers and doing New York reloads could fire just as fast as the Virginia Tech shooter could.
InfraBlue

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 10:08 pm
@oralloy,
What names did I call?
oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 10:57 pm
@InfraBlue,
You

a) called people gun nuts, and

b) falsely accused them of having a small penis.
maxdancona

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 11:00 pm
Factually.... my penis is the tiny penis that has been the center of discussion on this thread for two pages now. (I don't know why no one has mentioned my very large hairy testicles).

I am actually anti-gun. If you read the OP which I wrote right after the Boston marathon bombing you will see that I am taking a decidedly anti-gun stance.

I don't think it matters. You are all acting like imbeciles.

oralloy

Thu 7 Nov, 2019 11:55 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I am actually anti-gun. If you read the OP which I wrote right after the Boston marathon bombing you will see that I am taking a decidedly anti-gun stance.

What is it about freedom and civil liberties that you most object to?
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 07:37 am
@oralloy,
The the guns in question was not a revolt an was in fact except for the barrel length assault rifles in everything but name with a 15 rounds magazines.
oralloy

Fri 8 Nov, 2019 08:45 am
@BillRM,
That is incorrect. Assault rifles are capable of either full-auto fire or burst fire. The Virginia Tech shooter's guns were capable of neither.

Assault rifles provide effective fire at a 300 meter range. The Virginia Tech shooter's guns did not.

Long guns also create much more devastating wounds than handguns.

The fact that they were not revolvers is irrelevant given the fact that a bunch of revolvers could have provided the same rate of fire using New York reloads.