Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

In America, its almost un-heard of to get arrested for getting drunk
without causing trouble; (more danger of getting hit by lightning).
I know of no one to whom this has happened,
or who stands in fear of it.
I can imagine that no-one likes to talk about it and thus, it's "almost unheard". The reason for that might be, too, that in some states "drunkeness in public" is only a ticket offence. But I've seen it twice that persons were handcuffed and carried away by police - there were 'tipsy', but didn't offend anybody, weren't rude or such.
H2O MAN

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:33 pm
@H2O MAN,
London is much more civilized

Bump
BillRM

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:35 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
The warrant wasn't about being a neo-nazi.

The warrant was about him exercising his first amendment rights on his nation own soil in a manner your government did not care for.

The fact that the damn US state department at the time look the other way instead of taking your government to the wood pile for a good beating was about him being a neo-nazis.
Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:43 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The warrant was about him exercising his first amendment rights on his nation own soil in a manner your government did not care for.
Really? Your German must be ways better than mine!
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 12:46 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

The fact that the damn US state department at the time look the other way instead of taking your government to the wood pile for a good beating was about him being a neo-nazis.
The trial wasn't about being a neo-nazi and being a neo-nazi is no crime here (would be better, though, in my opinion).
There are even quite a few neo-nazis as lawmakers in state parliaments.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:20 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

In America, its almost un-heard of to get arrested for getting drunk
without causing trouble; (more danger of getting hit by lightning).
I know of no one to whom this has happened,
or who stands in fear of it.
I can imagine that no-one likes to talk about it and thus, it's "almost unheard". The reason for that might be, too, that in some states "drunkeness in public" is only a ticket offence. But I've seen it twice that persons were handcuffed and carried away by police - there were 'tipsy', but didn't offend anybody, weren't rude or such.
Your post surprizes me.
In 2005, I was unstable in walking
after abdominal surgery; I 'd been too weak
to walk, after fighting an infection,
but it never occurred to me than I cud be challenged by police.
I never knew that to happen to anyone.
izzythepush

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:22 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
David, I did answer some of your questions. We are a democracy, and certain proposals, for example compulsory ID cards, was not popular and never became law. If people think something's wrong they make a great song and dance of it, nobody's bothered about how the hate crime laws were being handled by the courts. Although there were some initial misgivings at the beginning, these fears appear to be unfounded.

How on Earth do you expect me to answer the multitude of questions you asked about what the judge was thinking? I don't have a clue what the judge was thinking and neither do you. I assumed your questions were all rhetorical.

Language should never be taken completely literally, the term everybody can be used to mean the prevailing public opinion in a country, it doesn't have to mean everybody on the planet. The French use the term Toute la Monde, the whole world, but it very rarely, if ever, means the whole world. Everybody (Toute la Monde) laughed at the comedian, just means the audience.

You know all of this though, you're just being obstinately pedantic and literalist in order to score a cheap point, and it's such a cheap point, none of the other points will give it the time of day.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:32 pm

LONDON

The machete terrorist was recorded yelling "We swear by almighty Allah we will never stop fighting you."

http://cdn4.independent.ie/incoming/article29288958.ece/ALTERNATES/h342/CLEAVER.jpg
Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:35 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Your post surprizes me.
I've only used google. And remembered what we saw two years ago. Embarrassed (Leaving out what I saw in some Indian nations done by local police there.)
OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:43 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Quote:
Well, hate-crime law is based on naked emotion,
not upon sound reasoning.

In this, David, as in so many other matters, you are dead wrong.
If u believe that,
then Y not indicate HOW,
in evidentiary fashion rather than your own factual conclusion ??
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:44 pm
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Hi Walter

Note, David wrote "...hate-crime LAW...."
I was referring to that law.
What is your point ??
0 Replies

izzythepush

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:52 pm
@H2O MAN,
It's all over our news, probably all over your news too, because it's such a rare event. No mention of Julian Dawkins, killed by off duty deputy Craig Patterson in Alexandria Virginia today. That's because it's so common place.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:52 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

BillRM wrote:

You somehow gotten away with it in 1995 over a neo-nazis but it will get very very very interesting if your government try similar deeds involving US hosted websites as had been threaten.
Again: we have separation of powers, the trias politica principle ...

But actually, just today, the prosecution in Rostock made the arraignment against the (German) owners of a (foreign based) far right-wing forum: criminal organisation, incitement to hatred.
If any government has jurisdiction over hatred,
then it has jurisdiction over any emotion (choose 1)
or over any thought.

We owe it to ourselves to FIGHT AGAINST
the jurisdiction of government, our natural enemy.

David
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:55 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

Your post surprizes me.
I've only used google. And remembered what we saw two years ago. Embarrassed
(Leaving out what I saw in some Indian nations done by local police there.)
I have no knowledge of the Indians.
What did u see their police DO ?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 22 May, 2013 01:57 pm
@izzythepush,

I bet those people on the street wish they had a gun instead of just a cell phone.

Brutal deaths are not a rare event where you are and no, the story isn't getting much play here.
The story here is Obama's abuse of IRS power.
BillRM

Wed 22 May, 2013 02:02 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Once more I never imply that the warrant was over him being a neo-nazis so your keeping implying otherwise is clear game playing.

Once more the reason that the US state department allow it to happen in my opinion revolved around the man being a neo-nazis.

We take the first amendment so seriously that, as David had already said, we allow a small nut religion group to go around the nation cursing and yelling insults at the funerals of our servicemen and women.

Now if you wish to punish members of your own populations for promoting ideas that the government does not care for that is a shame but not all that surprising given the history of Germany and is your right regardless.

It is not however your right to seized US citizens when they are traveling for so call crimes that are protected rights under our constitution.

If you care for your chains that is fine but placing chains on US citizens for them having excised their rights in their own nation when off US soil is not fine.
OmSigDAVID

Wed 22 May, 2013 02:23 pm
@H2O MAN,
H2O MAN wrote:

London is much more civilized

Bump
What r the chances
that during his last moments,
the victim wished that he had a gun in his hand ?????

( or maybe he was taking satisfaction
in the English gun control laws ?? )

David
BillRM

Wed 22 May, 2013 02:29 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
What r the chances
that during his last moments,
the victim wished that he had a gun in his hand ?????

For that matter I wonder how many UK rape victims wished that the government at least would allow then to carry some small non-legal self defense devices.

The UK seems a very safe place for strong arm robbers and rapists as they do not need to worry about even getting a little pepper spray in their eyes or an electric shock.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 22 May, 2013 02:33 pm
Both Jihadist were shot by London police and both are still alive...
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Wed 22 May, 2013 02:51 pm
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Once more I never imply that the warrant was over him being a neo-nazis so your keeping implying otherwise is clear game playing.
BillRM wrote:

It is a damn shame that we allowed you to get away with such behaviors due to the man being a neo-nazis and therefore not love by almost anyone.

BillRM wrote:

The warrant was about sections of the criminal for which he was convicted.

Lauck has the German nationality as well, by the way, as the US-American.