Fellow Bostonians: How many of us wished we had an assault weapon last night?

BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 07:23 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
ou're pleasant to talk to too, but it's a shame you're so evil.

Evil while he is surely willing to excused actions of terror on american soil.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 07:34 am
@oralloy,
Quote:
I doubt that anything Oliver Stone says has even a bit of truth to it

How true as I refer you to the Kennedy assassination movie of his as a case in point.

Quote:
But the idea that "the decision to use the bombs was based in a belief that they would make invasion unnecessary"

I refer you on that issue to President Truman autobiography and also take note that he refused to used atoms weapons in Korea during the Korean War.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 07:48 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
[...] and also take note that he refused to used atoms weapons in Korea during the Korean War.
Really? On November 30, 1950, Trumann announces during a press conference that he is prepared to authorize the use of atomic weapons in order to achieve peace in Korea. Source
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 07:59 am
@Walter Hinteler,
R
Quote:
eally? On November 30, 1950, Trumann announces during a press conference that he is prepared to authorize the use of atomic weapons in order to achieve peace in Korea. Source

Did he???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Threatening your enemies during a war and carrying out a threat is not one and the same thing.

But what the hell we do need to reach high in order to try to justify this anti-american hate now do we not?

One thing this website had shown me that given the hate and envy and the willingness to justify attacks on our men, women and children we do need to keep our powder dry and maintain an overwhelming military power in this world at least for the foreseeable future.

No one in the world is going to spend treasure and risk their nations to protected us as we had done for your nation during the cold war for example.

Of course it was not the threat of our military and our nuclear weapons that kept the hundreds of thousands of main battle tanks of the Soviets at home instead of heading for the English channel.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:20 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Did he???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Holy mackerel!
You said. he "refused", I questioned this and gave the link to his own words.
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:25 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Holy mackerel!
You said. he "refused", I questioned this and gave the link to his own words.

He refused at a time he was being pressure to used nuclear weapons and at a time when our troops was in a very bad position indeed.

I never stated he did not threaten to do so now did I?

Not one and the same thing and my statement stand that he refused the requests to go nuclear during the Korean War.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:25 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Of course it was not the threat of our military and our nuclear weapons that kept the hundreds of thousands of main battle tanks of the Soviets at home instead of heading for the English channel.
You just allowed them to go as far as the Elbe river. (You should read the Department of State publication titled "Background: Berlin-1961".)
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:31 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
You just allowed them to go as far as the Elbe river.

We never can do enough for the hate American crowd now can we and this comment came from a person who grow up in a nation that only existed due to our nuclear shield and the trip wire troops we station there for decade after decade. Drunk

Hell perhaps we should had done what some others wished to do after WW2 and turn your whole nation into farmland IE the old Carthage solution.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:50 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

We never can do enough for the hate American crowd now can we and this comment came from a person who grow up in a nation that only existed due to our nuclear shield and the trip wire troops we station there for decade after decade. Drunk
Arsehole! We were a nation when no white person knew that America existed.
edgarblythe

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:52 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

BillRM wrote:

Arsehole! We were a nation when no white person knew that America existed.

Fortunately, not all Americans think that way.
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:58 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
rsehole! We were a nation when no white person knew that America existed.

Rewriting history now?

You were not a nation but a large group of broken up small kingdoms very late in history.

Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 08:59 am
@edgarblythe,
Sorry for the vulgar word.

Yes, I know that, edgar. And having been personally 'engaged' in the cold war, I do know a bit about it, too.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:02 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:

Rewriting history now?

You were not a nation but a large group of broken up small kingdoms very late in history.
Okay. You certainly must know more about it than we do here.
How would you translate Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ by the way? Did you ever hear of the German Confederation, which followed the former empire? ... ... ...
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:07 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Fortunately, not all Americans think that way.

All Americans do not agree on anything however after being the troublemakers of Europe for a number of generations and the main cause of two world wars that cause the deaths of tens of millions/ 100s of millions perhaps in the space of one generation Germany have damn few friends after WW2.

0 Replies

BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:11 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Quote:
Okay. You certainly must know more about it than we do here.
How would you translate Sacrum Romanum Imperium Nationis Germanicæ by the way? Did you ever hear of the German Confederation, which followed the former empire? .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_German_history

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d9/Empire_carolingien_768-811.jpg/400px-Empire_carolingien_768-811.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f7/Map-NDB.svg/300px-Map-NDB.svg.png
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:13 am
@BillRM,
Well, that's a timeline of German (sic!) history but no translation of those words I asked for.
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:16 am
@Walter Hinteler,
The map is - as written on it's source - a map of the "Empire carolingien".
(Unfortunately, those Franks than later occupied as Saxons, too. Very Happy )
BillRM

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:19 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Germany once more was broken up into all kind of independent or semi-independent "states" very late in history including some city states.

Once more I refer you to the timeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_German_history
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:24 am
@Walter Hinteler,
Your second map shows, I think, the Northern and Southern German Confederation.

However, I'm not sure what this has to do with the German nation.

You see, Germany today consist of states. These states are free states, "countries" (Länder) or cities.
I live in so-called "hyphen state", North Rhine-Westphalia. I'm a Westphalian .... but all that has nothing to do with the nation ...
Walter Hinteler

Sun 5 May, 2013 09:25 am
@BillRM,
BillRM wrote:
Once more I refer you to the timeline
Thank you. If I ever had known about your knowledge before, I wouldn't have studied history at universities.
0 Replies