Physics of the Biblical Flood

izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2024 10:20 am
@The Anointed,
In al seriousness I don't know why you're doing this.

Isn't the important message of Christianity about how one behaves towards ones fellow man, not a lot of pseudo scientific bullshit about how the Universe really was constructed in 7 days?

Instead of leading by example by being a decent human being you're posting this fantasy which nobody fully reads.

I skim read your stuff at best.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2024 10:30 am
@The Anointed,
You are rowing back.

Now it's the "known" world and not a truly global event.

Nobody is disputing that largescale localised flooding occured in prehistoric times, other sources confirm this, but it's a far cry from the globe.

And when you talk of the Bible being the word of God, who supposedly knows all, then the "known" world doesn't really come into it.

Are you claiming that God said there would be a global flood he then did a half arsed job and apologised for forgetting about the Americas etc. or claiming not to even know of their existence?

That doesn't sound like an all knowing god to me, it sounds like a concept limited to the knowledge and understanding of the time.
The Anointed

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2024 04:49 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Isn't the important message of Christianity about how one behaves towards ones fellow man, not a lot of pseudo scientific bullshit about how the Universe really was constructed in 7 days?

Because the atheists of the world try to discredit the scriptures by insinuating that it says the world was created in six literal 24-hour days, it become necessary for the biblical believers to point out their ignorance to such scriptures.

How long is a day, well that depends whether you're on the North Pole, Jupiter, Mars or Venus etc, but the bible in this instance is not referring to a literal period of sunlight, but a period of time, as in Jubilees 4, 30; where it is written, ‘’And he [ADAM] lacked seventy years of one thousand years; for one thousand years are as ‘ONE DAY’ in the testimony of the heavens and therefore was it written concerning the tree of knowledge: ’On the day that ye eat thereof ye shall die.’ For this reason, he did not complete the years of this day; for he died during it.’’

I believe that one day in the testimony of the heavens is the orbital period of an object in the Oort cloud, comets at the inner edge of the Ort cloud may take a thousand years to complete one orbit.

The Oort cloud, or the Opik-Oort cloud, which is named after Jan Oort, is a spherical cloud that surrounds our solar system, a cloud of predominantly icy objects such as comets that are comprised of mainly hydrogen, oxygen=water, ammonia and methane, and extends up to about a light year from the sun and defines the cosmographical boundary of our Solar System and the region of the suns gravitational dominance.

But concerning the 6 creative days in the bible, they are referred to in Genesis 2, 4; as the six generations of this eternal oscillating universe, the period between the Big Bang, which begins the universal expansion and the Big Crunch, when each generation of the universe is swallowed and condensed back into the singularity from which it began.

So you see izzy, to educate those, who still believe the bullshit that the world was created in six literal 24-hour days, it becomes necessary for the biblical believers, to prove scripturally and scientifically, the truths as revealed in the scriptures, which are God’s Word.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2024 07:32 am
@The Anointed,
The behaviour of Christians discredits Christianity.
The Anointed

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2024 03:55 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Now it's the "known" world and not a truly global event.

Never was global as far as far as I was concerned.

Luke 2,1. RSV. In those days a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be enrolled.

Guess what izzy, after consulting the elders of the tribes of our indigenes people and found out that there were no oral records of any Roman census in Australia, I came to realise that the scriptures were referring to the known Roman civilised world.

The flood story was presumably handed down from Noah to his descendant Abraham, of who, it is erroneously said in the OT, was about 58 years old when Noah died, the Chaldean, “Abraham” who left the city of Ur, where his father “Terah’ had been high priest and although that flood may have been a local event around Ireland and the coasts of the Mediterranean Sea, it would have been recorded as an event which had flooded their entire known world.

Do you think that the people of pre-flood days knew that the circumference of the earth around the equator was almost 25,000 miles, or knew how many continents and Islands there are on this earth? And if not, just how big do you think that their known world was?

According to the OT, it was some years after the flood that Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed, and the daughters of Lot, believed that of every man in the world, their father was the sole survivor. According to their belief, [right or wrong] their father was the sole surviving male on the planet and if they did not become pregnant by him, the human race would come to an end. It was a very small world to the ancients.

The animals that were taken into the ark, would have been those, which were chosen from the animals that had been forced to flee from the rising water to the higher ground, upon which Noah would have presumably built the ark, which animals would have only been those from the known world that was flooded around the year 2350 B.C.

The ark was a rectangular chest-like floating container built from timber logs of Kopher-wood and would of necessity, have to be sealed inside and out with tar/bitumen and kopher-wood is simply any wood that is coated with bitumen. It was subject to tides, currents and wind, having no means of propulsion or steerage, it was guided by the hand of God.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sat 30 Mar, 2024 04:44 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
The behaviour of Christians discredits Christianity.

I would agree that the majority of so-called Christian organizations, the majority of which are merely break-away bodies [Daughters] of the Roman church of Pope=Emperor Constantine, do more damage to the truth as revealed in scripture than all atheists. Not that this has anything to do with the physics of the Biblical Flood.

In my opinion, the Roman Church of Emperor Constantine, which was established in the 4th century, the head of which church, claims to be the Shepherd of God’s people, is, ‘I Believe,’ the Shepherd which the Lord, through his prophet Zechariah, was referring to in Zechariah 11: 12 to 17; is the church of Pope Constantine.

I said to them, “If you are willing, give me my wages. But if not, keep them.” So, they paid me thirty pieces of silver as my wages. The Lord said to me, “Put them in the Temple treasury.” So I took the thirty pieces of silver----the majestic sum they thought I was worth----and put them in the Temple treasury.

Then the Lord said to me, “Once again act the part of a shepherd, this time a worthless one. For indeed I will raise up a shepherd in the land who will not care for those who are cut off, nor seek the young, nor heal those that are broken, nor feed those that still stand. But he will eat the flesh of the fat and tear their hooves in pieces.
“Woe to the worthless shepherd,
Who leaves the flock!

Oh you shepherd of the darkness, who claim God sent you out
And even though we know that’s true, that fact I wouldn’t flout
For God commanded Zechariah, “Throw my wages ‘cross the floor,
Those thirty bits of silver, for I’ll guide this flock no more
A worthless shepherd now I’ll raise to guide this stubborn flock
And he will be a useless one, of him I’ll take no stock
For he’ll not feed my little ones, nor search for them that’s lost
But he eats the meat of the fattest sheep. And their hooves? He tears them off
That worthless shepherd, he is doomed for abandoning my flock
His power, will I destroy by war, his arm will wither dry, then drop
And his right eye will I turn Blind, that’s why he’s never seen
The passage where I speak of him, Zechariah eleven—twelve to seventeen.

A sword shall be against his arm
And against his right eye;
His arm shall completely wither,
And his right eye shall be totally blinded.”

Is it prophesied anywhere in the scriptures, that the Lord would raise up the Roman Church, the head of which church, would claim to be the Shepherd chosen by the Lord to guide his stubborn flock?

Yes! There is a prophecy of the Lord concerning the raising up of that Shepherd. In Matthew 27: 9-10; we read; “Then what was spoken by (Jeremiah) the prophet was fulfilled: "They took the thirty pieces of silver, the price set on him by the people of Israel, and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the LORD commanded me."

Or from the KJV, And I said unto them, If ye think good, give me my price; and if not, forbear. So, they weighed for my price thirty pieces of silver.
And the Lord said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver and cast them to the potter in the house of the Lord.

The words here quoted are not in any copy of Jeremiah extant. But they bear a strong resemblance to the words of Zechariah 11:12-13. One MS., not of great account, has Ζεχαριου, of Zechariah. Another adds no name to the word ‘The Prophet,’ and there is none added in the Syriac version, the words being only, “WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY ‘THE PROPHET.” And it seems, from a remark of Augustine, that copies in his time named no prophet. But that Matthew 27: 9-19, originally said; “That which was spoken by ‘THE PROPHET’ was fulfilled: "They took the thirty pieces of silver, the price set on him by the people of Israel, and they used them to buy the potter's field, as the LORD commanded me." Indeed it is believed that the name (Jeremiah) was erroneously inserted by some much later officious transcriber.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 05:45 am
@The Anointed,
I'm talking about the vast majority of mateful, intolerant bigots who profess to be Christians.

Not organisations, individuals, all thoroughly nasty, motivated by spite and malice.
The Anointed

Reply Sun 31 Mar, 2024 03:19 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
I'm talking about the vast majority of mateful, intolerant bigots who profess to be Christians.

YES, it's such a shame isn't it izzy, that such people, as well as pedophile's, murderers, thieves, etc, are found among the Christians, atheists, agnostics, Buddhists, Muslims, etc.

It's certainly not the perfect world is it mate, but as long as there are such righteous people as you and I, the worlds on the right track.
0 Replies