Explosions at Boston Marathon - A2K Runners, Check In Please

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:45 pm
@George,
Let me guess, a failed med student..
That sounds like I'm kidding, which is slightly part true but also not.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:46 pm
Watching video of ATF, FBI and BPD swat team at B&W.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:57 pm
Today is Patriot's Day in Massachusetts.

And there were many patriots on the street today in Boston. You can see them in the videos running towards the wounded without caring whether there would be a third or fourth explosion.

The Boston Marathon's finish line is only three blocks from where I went to college a long, long time ago, but the memory of the neighborhood is fresh. Boston is a great city full of great people and I wish I could have been with them today.

What I'm going to do now is find out what I can do to help.

Joe(we will find out who did this)Nation

George

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:58 pm
One of the two killed was eight years old.
reasoning logic

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 05:00 pm
@Joe Nation,
Quote:
The Boston Marathon's finish line is only three blocks from where I went to college a long, long time ago,

You are only as old as you feel, I hope you still feel young and adventuress.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 05:29 pm

uneventful commute home.
i hope linkat got home ok...
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:09 pm
I hope all of our a2k family members are safe and sound at home at this moment.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:17 pm
@George,
George wrote:

One of the two killed was eight years old.

Oh man, this is terrible.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:19 pm
They think so much photography and several unexploded devices may yield quick clues. I still don't have a good number on how many devices. Looks like JFK library fire was unrelated.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:31 pm
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/59687_502870069776566_1538708519_n.jpg
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:48 pm
News conference in process, Gov. Deval, Police Commissioner and local FBI in charge.

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
FBI is taking the lead in the investigation.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:51 pm
Encouraging everyone in the Boston area to have a heightened level of vigilance for next 12 hours.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:53 pm
@Region Philbis,
thanks guys -
when we were going out we were not allowed to go through the mall area - we had to walk down the stairs to the outside right onto Huntington ave where alot of the police and things were set up. There were these big black van/trucks driving by that you never see - down the streets so many police fire ambulance in one area crazy.

I walked from the copley area to south station - I realy didn't want to take the subway from back bay way to close but when I walked by there were bomb sniffing dogs.

All along the way, there were more and more police arriving and going by. As I get to south station several police vehicles arrive - I'm thinking great what else. In one a bunch of armed with scary big rifles guys come out - I think it was just a precaution .

Anyone I am home drinking a marguerta and happy to be here and in one piece.

Found out building is closed tomorrow (my work from home day any way) as it is within the crime scence area.
Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:56 pm
@Linkat,
Glad you made it home safely, Linkat. I bet your family was greatly relieved to see your face at the door of your home.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 06:57 pm
@Butrflynet,
I'd like to try for something more exciting - not dangerous just exciting.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:02 pm
@Linkat,
Thanks, Link, I was walking with you there..
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:02 pm
@Linkat,
What a frightening and frightful day you have been through, Linkat.

I am very glad you are safely home.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:12 pm
Statement from the Boston Athletic Association Monday, April 15, 2013 8:00 p.m. ET

The Boston Athletic Association extends its deepest sympathies to all those who were affected in any way by todays events.

Today is a sad day for the City of Boston, for the running community, and for all those who were here to enjoy the 117th running of the Boston Marathon. What was intended to be a day of joy and celebration quickly became a day in which running a marathon was of little importance.

We can confirm that all of the remaining runners who were out on the course when the tragic events unfolded have been returned to a community meeting area.

At this time, runners bags in Boston which remain unclaimed may be picked up by runners presenting their bib number or proof of race participation at the Castle, at 101 Arlington Street, in Boston.

At this time, we are cooperating with the City of Boston, the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and all federal law enforcement officials.

We would like to thank the countless people from around the world who have reached out to support us today.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 07:13 pm
I am glad everybody from here is okay.