Explosions at Boston Marathon - A2K Runners, Check In Please

JTT

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:54 pm
@George,
Quote:
The homeowner noticed a rip in the tarp, went to the boat and saw "a
bloody mess" inside. He then called the cops.

That appears to make the house one chosen at random rather than one of friends.
George

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:56 pm
@JTT,
I'd say so.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:45 pm
A psychologist on TV this morning speculated that the younger bomber ( age 19 years, height 5 ft 9 in, weight 113 pounds ) became involved in the terrorist activities displayed at the 2013 Boston Marathon because at his age of 19 years, his brain was not fully developed either physically, biochemically, or neurologically.

What an excuse...
reasoning logic

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:48 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
What an excuse...

Would you please share your evidence of how this is not a fact but rather an excuse?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 03:52 pm
@Miller,
Quote:
What an excuse...

What excuse, Miller, do you think a psychologist might make for the century long terrorist activities of the US and the completely delusional avoidance of the same by US citizens?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 09:56 pm
Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the FBI and a looney bin might be interested in this thread. God bless the strength of Bosten and the tolerance of the American people.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:26 am
@Miller,
Miller wrote:

A psychologist on TV this morning speculated that the younger bomber ( age 19 years, height 5 ft 9 in, weight 113 pounds ) became involved in the terrorist activities displayed at the 2013 Boston Marathon because at his age of 19 years, his brain was not fully developed either physically, biochemically, or neurologically.

What an excuse...

it is an oft used rationale for denying teen rights of self determination. 26 is of course the new 16...we shall see how much mileage the police state advocates get out of this song and dance before we stand up for ourselves.
0 Replies

George

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 07:29 am
Update on my neighbor:

I just talked with Maureen, his mother. Marc has lost one leg and the
other was broken in several places. They put metal bracing in it to hold
things together. He has first-degree burns on his face and second- and
third-degree burns on his back. There is shrapnel in his heart and lungs.

Maureen says he has a long road to go, but he is going to make it. A top
prosthetic outfit is going to fit him out without charge.

Below is a picture of Marc with his son.

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/380757_399047866795152_42258995_n.jpg
BillRM

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 07:44 am
@glitterbag,
Quote:
Has it occurred to anyone that perhaps the FBI and a looney bin might be interested in this thread. God bless the strength of Bosten and the tolerance of the American people.

It the US constitution that limit the FBI to at least some degree that is the shield more then the tolerance of the american people.

Of course some of us could find ourselves on a no fly list as the government somehow to this point in time had gotten away with having a list that no one understand how and why people are put on the list and there is no way to challenge it in a court of law that I am aware of.

Hell Senator Ted Kennedy found himself not being able to fly back to Washington as his name was on the list for a time.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 07:49 am
@George,
healing wishes to Marc, his family and friends... thanku for sharing his life with us George. x
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 09:13 am
@George,
There are no words to express my sadness at what has happened to your neighbor and others by the Marathon Boston killers. I do wish your friend a full and healthy recovery. One's heart break at the emotionless, inhuman creeps living among us, the unsuspecting, the vulnerable.
JTT

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 01:49 pm
@George,
I am so so so sorry, Marc, that you, your son, your family and friends have had to go thru this.

Best wishes!
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm
I notice in the news today that the US government is squandering what little remains of its credibility by mis-labeling smallish IED's as weapons of mass destruction.

I wish that I could claim to be shocked, or even surprised.
roger

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:42 pm
@hawkeye10,
They've been using weapons of mass destruction this way for over a year. It really cheapens the phrase. Suddenly, we don't know if country X has semiautomatic rifles or nuclear warheads attached to missiles.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:49 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

They've been using weapons of mass destruction this way for over a year. It really cheapens the phrase. Suddenly, we don't know if country X has semiautomatic rifles or nuclear warheads attached to missiles.

mis-using words to get what one wants is an old trick....do you see now why we should never have allowed this ploy to be used successfully with the word "rape"?

"the ends justify the means" excuse for dishonesty will be the ruin of us.
BillRM

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:54 pm
@hawkeye10,
I
Quote:
notice in the news today that the US government is squandering what little remains of its credibility by mis-labeling smallish IED's as weapons of mass destruction

Hmm how many deaths and harm does a bomb need to do to earn that label Hawkeye?

Would the Timothy McVeigh truck bomb deserve that label or only nuclear weapons should have that title.
0 Replies

hingehead

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 03:57 pm
@hawkeye10,
I think you've introduced a new twist on Godwin's Law.

The Hawkeye postulation
As the number of posts on an A2K thread increases the probability Hawkeye will mention rape approaches 1.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 04:00 pm
@hingehead,
how about dealing with the subject, which is the systematic destruction of language (and thus the ability to conduct conversation) in the pursuit of small bore political gains?
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 04:00 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Thank you, MiT!
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 22 Apr, 2013 04:01 pm
@JTT,
Thank you, JTT.
0 Replies