Explosions at Boston Marathon - A2K Runners, Check In Please

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 06:20 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I read that the fox news guy was nattering at the roommate.

I've a couple of friends who were news anchors, one with emmys for that stuff, however you spell emmys. You seem to take me as bigga antagonista. They and I would argue too.
You're quite ready to slam me, which, I must say, is stupid, if you knew me, just off wall.

I'm interested in what happened.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
Butrflynet

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 08:56 pm
ENOUGH!

Please take this bickering to any of the other threads about the subject (H2Oman has created several of them and you'll be in good company there).

Please allow those of us with friends and family in the area to continue sharing news updates and personal stories here.

Thank you.
BillRM

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 02:43 am
@Butrflynet,
Quote:
Please allow those of us with friends and family in the area to continue sharing news updates and personal stories here.

As far as I seen no one had thank god have friends or family harm in this sad event and it is now many days since the bombing.

So using the first purpose of this thread to try to kicked off people that are annoying you seems not on point to me.

But then after just now readings the last few posts the personal fighting have gotten pretty bad on this thread and should be taken to PM.

So knocked it off guys please.....
Region Philbis

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 04:17 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
As far as I seen no one had thank god have friends or family harm in this sad event and it is now many days since the bombing.

George wrote:
Just got a call from home.
My neighbor's son was at the finish line when the bomb went off.
He's lost one leg and they are fighting to save the other.
Mark is only in his thirties and a roofer by trade.
His mom is devastated.
http://able2know.org/topic/212580-10#post-5304673
George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 06:06 am
@Region Philbis,
An update to that . . .

Marc is at Mass General. He has also suffered severe burns over his back
and they have had to put him into an induced coma. He was there with
two friends, brothers, who have also each lost a leg. It's a pretty sad
time in Stoneham right now, but people are pulling together to help the
families out any way we can.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 08:25 am
@George,
I'm sure everyone's thoughts are with you and your neighbours right now George. I hope things improve soon.
George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 08:34 am
@izzythepush,
Thank you, izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:02 am
@George,
It always seems to happen to the nice guys.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 10:45 am
@BillRM,
Bill, just because you are oblivious does not mean all of us are so.

We've had the son of one member's neighbor lose a leg, we've had an internet friend of another member injured, we had a member who was at work a couple buildings from the explosion site and prevented from leaving her building until they got the all clear many hours later and is still unable to return to work because it is part of the crime scene, we've had a member's relative unable to get home until the next day because of road closures along her route.

We've got members stepping forward to give blood donations in Boston, helping to organize memorial runs so those marathoners who wish to can finish the race, we have a member pledging to spend the next two years training so he can run in a future Boston marathon to honor those injured and killed.

Thank you for your support, Bill.
Miller

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:08 am
@Butrflynet,
I knew one of the deceased. So sad.
Miller

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:10 am
@Butrflynet,
FireFly also has started a thread.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:10 am
@Butrflynet,
No one has attempted to prevent friends and families in the area or elsewhere from posting in support of each other, BFN. You're attempting to milk this to create another sanitary zone.

When folks bring up the same ole propaganda screeds, anyone with a sense of honesty would appreciate the real issues being discussed and addressed.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:11 am
@Miller,
I'm sorry to hear this, Miller.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:12 am
@George,
It's hard to know what to say, George, except that I'm so so sorry that this happened to people close to you. It's terrible that it has to happen to anyone, anywhere.
George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:15 am
"You're attempting to milk this to create another sanitary zone."
That's totally uncalled-for.
0 Replies

George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:16 am
@JTT,
JTT wrote:
It's hard to know what to say, George, except that I'm so so sorry that this
happened to people close to you. It's terrible that it has to happen to
anyone, anywhere.
I appreciate that, but I wish you wouldn't denigrate BFN.
And you're right, it's terrible anytime, anywhere.
JTT

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:19 am
@George,
I'm not denigrating her enormous talent for empathy, her gigantic ability to organize, her other myriad wonderful talents. I simply don't happen to agree with her position on this limited issue.
George

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:21 am
@JTT,
Fair enough.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 11:54 am
Why isn't there anyone honest enough to say,

This was an awful, vicious act and we're hurting, and a lot of families are going through unimaginable grief - but we've done the same, no, we've done much much worse to others for reasons that are horrible to even begin to contemplate. There are people right now who, at our hands, suffer a Boston almost every day.

It wouldn't in any any any any way diminish the tragedy that was Boston, or New for that matter.