Explosions at Boston Marathon - A2K Runners, Check In Please

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:57 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
You're a student of human behavior.
Poor thing.

Now back to the Marathon scene.

Oh I see, you do not find behavior relevant to what took place? You Poor thing. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:01 pm
@ossobuco,
Frustrating reading like 10 posts before writing something, anyways.

I am not sure if it is real or not, but on "facebook" someone posted a picture looking down the street "onto" the horrible scene and there was a male or it looks like a male up on the roof top has anyone seen this in any footage?

Just because. I think respect is a good thing....
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:03 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

What?

Wake up Grandma!
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:05 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Poor thing.

Embryology class? You've got to be 90+ years of age.
Wake up Grandma....
Lustig Andrei

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:15 pm
@reasoning logic,
All right. I watched the video. (I usually eschew YouTube links.) I have a good deal of admiration for the young Marine who was willing to throw away his decorations and come clean about some of the things he did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Chilling but fascinating testimony. This sort of thing, I'm sure, happens under combat conditions everywhere. It's sad and disgusting but it's a part of war. I didn't see or hear anything on that clip in which Jon Turner accuses the US government or the USMC or any other official agency of using this sort of deplorable action as a routine matter of government policy. Most of these depredations that we hear about are the result of deplorable judgement and illegal orders issued by local commanders, frequently not even senior commanders.

The whole Abu Graib prison debacle, for example, was not a matter of US Army policy, let alone policy initiated in Washington, but rather the over-zealous actions of a few people at the scene. The Army didn't try to cover it up. On the contrary, it launched an immediate investigation and at least one relatively high-ranking officer was relieved of duty. Unfortunately, in an effort to maintain a positive image, the Pentagon doesn't publicize the many courts-martial that are held to punish combatants who have overstepped the mandates of the Geneva Conventions, and, hence, overstepped the U.S.'s Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) mandates. The media, unfortunately, doesn't seem interested in pursuing these cases.

The whole point is that to accuse the United States, as a governmental entity, of being,somehow, a terrorist organization is ludicrous on the face of it. None of what Jon Turner describes in that video can be construed as general governmental policy.

Okay. I have responded to your request that I view and comment on that link. Now, what is your point?
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:15 pm
@Miller,
Nice. What are you, four years younger than I am?

But as it happens, I've known several people who lived once as dispossessed.

meantime, I think you are a pig.

I'll stop, this thread is not about me.
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Media were working it though, and the readiness to blast this particular bombing victim quite sickening. It's a kind of hate feed, and those are not useful, including useful to figure out what is behind all this.

Strange I do not remember the media blasting anyone including the young Saudi citizen who the reports just stated that he was being look at as he was acting in a manner after the blast that to at least one citizen looked strange enough for his to tackled and hold for the police.

Then that the police was checking him out and that hardly seems to be blasting him in any way or in any manner.
Ragman

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
What are you going on about? You asked a question and I answered it. I also provided how I verified the answer.
Miller

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:18 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Quote:
(I met her in Los Angeles,

Merry's a female???!!!

That's right. Old Dude had the "operation" because the "DEPENDS" are cheaper that way Laughing .
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:20 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

Did I say I minded them checking him out?

Looks like old Grandma has the "hots" tonight.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:21 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

What are you going on about? You asked a question and I answered it. I also provided how I verified the answer.

My apologies. Apparently, I wrongly assumed that you were implying I should have Googled the term.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:25 pm
@BillRM,
Don't you?

Fox news chasing the room mate to get him to say his roommate is a killer?

None of that avidity is useful in the search for what this is about.
JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Many of us had his or her thoughts before he or she did.

Maybe if you had acted on them, Osso, this carnage might not have continued to this day.

Quote:
Can you even imagine we find him boring and invasive?

'boring' no. 'invasive', most assuredly. It's abundantly clear that y'all are much more content with the pablum you've been raised on.

Quote:
He or she is not being crucified.

But millions of innocents are. Therein lies the rub.

Quote:
Do not consider lecturing Lustig Andrei. Don't you dare.

You just leave my sexist, racist, war criminal/terrorist lovin' friend alone.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:26 pm
@ossobuco,
Fox-News hatred is a sickness
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:27 pm
@BillRM,
Plus stop saying I didn't want the police to check him. You're a monger.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:29 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
All right. I watched the video. (I usually eschew YouTube links.) I have a good deal of admiration for the young Marine who was willing to throw away his decorations and come clean about some of the things he did in Iraq and Afghanistan. Chilling but fascinating testimony. This sort of thing, I'm sure, happens under combat conditions everywhere. It's sad and disgusting but it's a part of war. I didn't see or hear anything on that clip in which Jon Turner accuses the US government or the USMC or any other official agency of using this sort of deplorable action as a routine matter of government policy. Most of these depredations that we hear about are the result of deplorable judgement and illegal orders issued by local commanders, frequently not even senior commanders.

The whole Abu Graib prison debacle, for example, was not a matter of US Army policy, let alone policy initiated in Washington, but rather the over-zealous actions of a few people at the scene. The Army didn't try to cover it up. On the contrary, it launched an immediate investigation and at least one relatively high-ranking officer was relieved of duty. Unfortunately, in an effort to maintain a positive image, the Pentagon doesn't publicize the many courts-martial that are held to punish combatants who have overstepped the mandates of the Geneva Conventions, and, hence, overstepped the U.S.'s Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) mandates. The media, unfortunately, doesn't seem interested in pursuing these cases.

The whole point is that to accuse the United States, as a governmental entity, of being,somehow, a terrorist organization is ludicrous on the face of it. None of what Jon Turner describes in that video can be construed as general governmental policy.

Okay. I have responded to your request that I view and comment on that link. Now, what is your point?

In all intellectual honesty, I think that you replied well.

No not all of Americans behave like you or I but none the less they do represent us if we agree with their actions or not.

Do you think that you are at the bottom, middle or top of the American's ability to show empathy for other people who are different than you?

Mine and your ideas of justice are different than those of our own community, "you do realize that don't you?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:31 pm
To quote the cartoon thread,

Christ, what an asshole.
Region Philbis

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:32 pm

http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/boston-strong.jpg?w=611&h=611
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
ossobuco wrote:

Do not consider lecturing Lustig Andrei. Don't you dare.

Quote:
Why?

You have to be an adult poster to find that out, Finn.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 05:43 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I don't watch it, no tv. I read it once in a while on google. I don't hate it, exactly.

On the other hand, I already gave a link where the fox guy was belaboring the roommate.

That you say my hatred of Fox is a sickness is all in your own worldview. I don't watch any tv news.