Do you have question for God

dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 03:27 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Then that must mean God is a fiction, God.
"I can be, Ed, depending on how you define me, Ed"
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 03:32 pm
@dalehileman,
My dear God; if you define yourself as the universe, then you are anthropomorphizing it and you are a big phony.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 04:09 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

My dear God….. and you are a big phony.
"Well," She retorts, "big anyway"
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 04:25 pm
@dalehileman,
God, God, God - You are evading my last point. Step up. Look me in the eye. And speak without first editing your thoughts.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 05:42 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
God, God, God -
"Yes Ed"

Quote:
You are evading my last point.
"Which point," She asks, " and in what way"

Quote:
Step up. Look me in the eye.
"It's how I view everyone"

Quote:
And speak without first editing your thoughts.
"I've advised my interpreter Dale" that's me, " as best he can to translate off the cuff, though it might entail some inaccuracies in translation"

So will endeavor to comply but no promises
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:16 pm
This was my thought, God, and you muffed it:
if you define yourself as the universe, then you are anthropomorphizing it
roger

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:38 pm
@edgarblythe,
Not that that is inconsistant with major dieties.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 06:51 pm
But I want it straight from God's lips to my ear.
roger

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 07:05 pm
@edgarblythe,
Better learn to make do with parables, and stuff like that.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 08:32 pm
@roger,
I am prepared to await the answer.
dalehileman

Reply Sun 2 Jun, 2013 11:03 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
I am prepared to await the answer.

"But I'm not sure," She admits, "just what the question is"

roger

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 12:16 am
@dalehileman,
Isn't that something She should already know?
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 04:28 am
Well, God, I have to say, you are to this point a real disappointment. I had hoped you could enlighten my understanding. Let me say in parting, I think your handling of the Job affair was more than a disgrace and in fact was criminal. You ought to be condemned to Hell, you ought.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 10:24 am
@roger,
Quote:
That's a good q, Rog and yes but only in a very limited way. As I understand it, She can read your mind, let's say, only to the extent you yourself are conscious of operations of a single cell in your brain. However I will inquire specifically upon this point and get back to you
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 10:38 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
Well, God, I have to say, you are to this point a real disappointment.
"Indeed, as I might have mentioned above, I too am disappointed by my work so far in this cycle

"Maybe the next one," She continues, "will turn out better"

Quote:
I had hoped you could enlighten my understanding.
She hasn't responded but I'd suppose She might apologize for Her apparent inadequacy. As She had revealed, "I [She] can't do the impossible"

Quote:
Let me say in parting, I think your handling of the Job affair was more than a disgrace and in fact was criminal.
Aha, She's back: "Ed please don't leave, Dale and I need you," says She. "but there are several quadrillion other inhabited planets, I'm not sure just which Job affair to which you have reference"

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy-ab&q=the+Job+affair&oq=the+Job+affair&gs_l=serp.3..0i22i30l3.616623.619428.0.619681.14.13.0.1.1.0.258.1854.0j10j3.13.0...0.0...1c.1.15.psy-ab.V4E-aCZQdwI&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&fp=69429300ba925ce7&biw=1189&bih=569

Quote:
You ought to be condemned to Hell, you ought.
"In a very real sense we're there now," says She with a sparkle in Her eye (the explosion of a remote galaxy), "undergoing that very condemnation, it's part and parcel of The Whole Shebang"
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 11:07 am
@roger,
Quote:
Apparently Rog She had to think about that one for just a little but finally She got back to me. "Rog's query," She explains, "is difficult to answer, partly because the humanoids' still somewhat limited grasp of the abstract." Then She went on to reveal one critical aspect of the problem: "Some of what you might consider my limitations, Rog, are based on your conception of the speed of light. Set at c, I'd require forever to become fully aware of your query, by which time I'm sure you'd have lost interest

"However, like time-at-a-distance supposedly set to "now," the speed of light isn't necessarily c, depending on your assumptions, but can be considered infinite, under which condition yes, I'm instantaneously fully aware of your observation and all its ramifications--though somewhat limited by Dale's obvious shortcomings as well as my ability to reply instantaneously"

I think She means I'll chat with Her some more on the subject then get back to you Ed
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 12:12 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
But I want it straight from God's lips to my ear.
Ed, Her lips are constantly at your ear so to speak. It's necessary for one only to acknowledge the fact, to extract the significant aspects of her ramblings

For instance when your youngster suggests, "Let's kill Mommy," you're in effect being tested
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 01:19 pm
You blew it God. I don'y need to hear more.
dalehileman

Reply Mon 3 Jun, 2013 04:01 pm
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
You blew it God.
In a fit of contrition She replies, "Again Ed I apologize most profusely. Maybe through some intergalactic interaction of genes and chromosomes you'll reappear in a subsequent cycle, maybe in some remote galaxy where I've done a better job"

Quote:
I don'y need to hear more.
"Indeed I don'y blame thee. But before you quit this thread, Ed," asks She, "for the sake of contrast I wonder if you wouldn't mind revealing what sort of replies you suppose I might have offered were I to match your concept

"And thanks Ed for your participation, however disappointing it might have proven"
0 Replies

TyrionGuy

Reply Tue 17 Sep, 2013 10:39 am
@dalehileman,
I too have a few questions...

And I'm not joking... You must have seen the movie: "The Adjustment Bureau" how close is that to your mysterious ways?

Why can't the lost loved ones communicate back to me? If I meet them in my dreams am I really with them? Or is death really the final stage?