need some advice about this girl i like

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 03:49 pm
met a girl a a party she wanted me to add her on Facebook I did and we talked a lot online for hours at a time I asked her if she was seeing anyone and she said she had just broke up with boyfriend and wanted to be alone for just now but said if it matters to me she thought I was really funny and good company and nice to see around ... we have talked loads since then but I have only seen her 3 times in person. I invited her to a party but she got sick we talk at least once a week for a good hour and its always a good laugh between us and some banter with exams comming in the next few weeks for us meeting up is going to be hard/unlikly do you think she is interested in me or just being friendly and if she likes me when should I make a move if she said she wants time alone

- talked last night for about and hour and a half ... shs asked how long I was at home for (im away for a week visiting parents) and when we ended convo she said I was a good chat today ... is she hinting she wants me to make a move?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 619 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 13 Apr, 2013 03:57 pm
@mwrk1990,
No.

Pay better attention to what she is saying, and not in the context of wanting to date her.

1) She said she wanted space and time.
2) She said you're a nice person and she likes talking to you.
3) She said that you had a nice chat.

Annnnnddddd, that's it.

I hate hint-dropping; people rarely get it. Be more forthright and direct. Say something like, "Once exams are finished, I would like to take you out."

This accomplishes giving her the time she specifically requested and makes it clear that you are interested.

What is done with this information remains to be seen, but you are essentially putting a timetable on things. And she will say likely something like one of the following -
1) Sorry, I only like you as a friend.
2) I need more time than that (no one can ever, truly, know how much time they need. See answer #1).
3) Let's talk then and I'll see how I'm feeling (this is not the same as answer #1 as there is still a chance).
4) Don't call me; I'll call you (see answer #1).
5) Great!
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 14 Apr, 2013 07:53 am
You need more time FACE TO FACE together to evaluate this relationship. Texting and FB don't count when trying to create something with another person.

0 Replies

amy37

Reply Mon 15 Apr, 2013 04:14 pm
@mwrk1990,
I think she sees you as a potential boyfriend, but it's exactly as she said in the beginning, she needs time alone after this break-up. Which is smart really, otherwise she could carry baggage into her next relationship.

But I think she sees you as a potential candidate for a bf. just keep charming her, and when she's had the time she needs to heal from her last relationship, she'll start dropping you more hints. Smile
0 Replies