how to debate against Gandhi's influence and impact

Reply Thu 11 Apr, 2013 09:58 pm
I am in a tournament for my western civilization class. The tournament is called "Most Influential Leader Tournament." You are randomly given a leader from a division based on your class period. I'm the 5th seed with Ataturk, founder of Turkey, against the 1st seed with Gandhi. It does not matter if the person did good or bad things; it matters if they were influential. I will be graded on these 6 critiques: impact, influence, inspiration, presentation, goals met, & uniqueness of the person.
Not only do I need to fight for Ataturk, I also very much need to defend him and fight against Gandhi.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 911 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 12 Apr, 2013 03:03 pm
@hannahrath,
Why fight against Gandhi? My own inclination would be to acknowledge Gandhi's great influence but to maintain that, in the final analysis, Ataturk's impact was far greater and more important in all the areas you mention.

But, then, my style of debate is probably different from yours.
0 Replies