IronLionZion

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You don't have the time or inclination or list more likely.

What you site as examples here are not worth the energy it takes to light up the pixels on my screen. There is no reasonable grievance one can have that would require the complete annhilation of Israel. The fact that you seem oblivious to this is typical of the blindness that you demonstrate daily.

Again - this doesn't compute.

You are immune to logic, and your reading comprehension is abhorrant.

I never said or implied what you seem to think I did.

Re-read this, and try hard (ignore the pain) to comprehend:

However, we shouldn't blind ourselves to the fact that this irrational manifesto was born out of legitmate grievances, which can, arguably, be reasoned with.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 01:51 pm
IronLionZion wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
You don't have the time or inclination or list more likely.

What you site as examples here are not worth the energy it takes to light up the pixels on my screen. There is no reasonable grievance one can have that would require the complete annhilation of Israel. The fact that you seem oblivious to this is typical of the blindness that you demonstrate daily.

Again - this doesn't compute.

You are immune to logic, and your reading comprehension is abhorrant.

I never said or implied what you seem to think I did.

I said:
Quote:
Do you really feel that the people that follow these tenets can be reasoned with?

You said:
Quote:
However, we shouldn't blind ourselves to the fact that this irrational manifesto was born out of legitmate grievances, which can, arguably, be reasoned with.

I aksed:
Quote:
But what are the legitimate grievances you are referring to?

You came back with a scathing:
Quote:
I don't have the time or the inclination to run down a list for somebody who is apparently as misinformed as you are. The Isreali's dictate the lives of the Palestinian population - from when they can leave thier homes, to when and if they can sell thier produce, to when and if they can leave the confines of their compound. Literally dozens of "legitimate grievances" arise from this alone....

To which I answered:
Quote:
There is no reasonable grievance one can have that would require the complete annhilation of Israel.

Now, explain to me where I have failed in understanding what you have said. Let me paraphrase so you know where I am coming from.

I expressed concern that Hamas cannot be reasoned with.

You replied that it's true, they can't be reasoned with until we understand what makes them feel that way.

I asked what could be making them feel that way?

You couldn't find the time or inclination to answer, but rattled off some things such as they can't leave their homes, sell their goods, or travel.

I refer back to Hamas' covenent and ask again what could make them so mad that the only answer was the elimination of Israel?

Now, I am immune to logic and can't read...

Explain to me what you mean then.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:11 pm
I'm just enjoying watching you..........I don't even have to make an effort...and btw, an effort to do what?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:19 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I'm just enjoying watching you..........I don't even have to make an effort...and btw, an effort to do what?

Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 03:44 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Now, explain to me where I have failed in understanding what you have said. Let me paraphrase so you know where I am coming from.

I expressed concern that Hamas cannot be reasoned with.

You replied that it's true, they can't be reasoned with until we understand what makes them feel that way.

Here, your inability to comprehend the english language is laid bare. What I said was:

we shouldn't blind ourselves to the fact that this irrational manifesto was born out of legitmate grievances, which can, arguably, be reasoned with.

In other words, I agree that Hamas is unreasonable, however, that does not mean the larger struggle they represent - the Palestinian struggle against the Israelis - is not based on legitimate grievances.

Just because a small group of people may choose to resort to terrorism to further thier cause does not mean that the overall cause itself is wrong, irrational, etc, etc, etc. This statement is not debatable, but rather is a fact.

The Israelis need to look a rational diplomatic solution to the Palestinian problem, and that solution should inculde addressing the legitimate grievances of the Palestinian people.

The rest of your post is inane because it is based on a faulty understanding of what I said.

Toodles.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:41 pm
No reply. How disappointing. And this conversation was so productive.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:07 am
But you are wrong in stating Hamas arose from the Palestinian struggle for statehood. Hamas arose from hatred of Jews. This "small group of people" is almost solely responsible for the unrest between Israel and Palestine.

You seem to blame Israel for the problems and I blame the Palestinian leadership lack of leadership. Because opf this we will probably NEVER see eye-to-eye on this issue.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:25 am
God forbid that anyone should ever open their eyes and blame the selfish thick necked sons of bitches on EVERY side of these stupid wars..Palestine, Israel, America, Iraq, just name a country and there's some leader in it willing to send the people they've been charged to make decisions in the best interest of to war in order to gather profit and power to themselves. They will all end up side by side in the same hell as far as I'm concerned.

The segment of the population who enthusiastically buy in and support these leaders and their bullshit should end up together in eternal sheep pens.

That's probably the only solution for a peaceful eternity for the rest of us.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 07:54 am
Idealism is a wonderful toy. you can play with it and show it off, but is meaningless in the real world where real people exist.

As much as you want to deny it, there is someone in the world that wants to make your life miserable or kill you for no other reason than you are American.
The segment of the population that backs these leaders are the ones that want to live and want their children and their children's children to be able to live in peace.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:06 am
McGentrix wrote:
Idealism is a wonderful toy. you can play with it and show it off, but is meaningless in the real world where real people exist.

As much as you want to deny it, there is someone in the world that wants to make your life miserable or kill you for no other reason than you are American.
The segment of the population that backs these leaders are the ones that want to live and want their children and their children's children to be able to live in peace.

The people who want to kill me for no reason, who don't know me and still want to kill me are the sheep who swallow whatever line of crap that a handful of leaders who want to be powerful and rich feed them to make them think they hate me.

And I'm not an idealist. I'm a cynic. I see bullshit everywhere.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 08:07 am
What's wrong with hamas? It's great with warm pita or falafel.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 26 Mar, 2004 09:06 am
That's Humus... It's good for the garden.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:21 pm
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040326/billday.gif
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 12:25 pm
http://cagle.slate.msn.com/working/040326/asay.gif
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:52 am
An Israeli missile strike in Gaza has killed two Hamas members and hurt several other people, Palestinians say.
The helicopter attack on a group of armed men at the Khan Younis camp came as Israeli leader Ariel Sharon considered his next move over Gaza.

His proposals to withdraw from the territory were rejected by his own Likud party in a weekend referendum.

The latest violence in Gaza erupted as Israeli forces tore down four buildings opposite a Jewish settlement, witnesses said.

An Israeli military spokesman was quoted by AFP news agency as saying the incursion was intended to halting the firing of rockets and mortar bombs from the town into nearby Jewish settlements.

A day earlier, Palestinian gunmen had shot dead a pregnant Israeli woman and her four young daughters on a nearby road.

As gunmen attacked the tanks, a helicopter opened fire and killed two of them, residents and medics said.

Doctors said five of the wounded were in critical condition.

Link for the rest of the story...
0 Replies