Who's brainwashed in America?

Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:27 pm
The more I think about D'art's comment about O'Reilly, the more I keep thinking that I can't name anyone on any news or discussion show that I find "repugnant". There are plenty with whom I disagree, but "repugnant"? Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, D'art, it just seems a bit over the top. (But then I suppose you could say that of O'Reilly.) Cool
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:33 pm
Dr Bronner's pure castile soap;
Always dilute for Shave-Shampoo-Massage-Dental-Soap-Bath!
Peppermint is nature's own unsurpassed fragrant deodorant!
1% and 99% hot water = facial pack, shampoo, hair conditioner!
A dash in glass water = breath freshening Peppermint Soap!
For massage, dilute 1 part in 10 parts hot water! No oil!
Apply Peppermint Oil Soap dry, to clean ant-mosquito-tick-fly!
Dilute with hot water to clean & freshen from head to toe!
Peppermint Oil Soap for Dispensers-Uniforms-Baby-Beach!
3 dashes in water rinse most Sprays off Fruits & Vegetables!
2% soap in water spray-cleans Flowers, Lemon & all Fruit Trees!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:48 pm
D'art,

I wonder why we punish ourselves watching O'Riley? I finally took someone's advice on the subject and turned fox off.

As for the subject, I think it is a little flaky except if scrat is correct and people do mistreat people just because of their views then that is just as bad as being mistreated for being liberal. (although I am both religious and liberal and I kind of take issue with the thought that being one excludes one from being the other)
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:32 pm
revel wrote:
(although I am both religious and liberal and I kind of take issue with the thought that being one excludes one from being the other)

If that thought has been put forth at all here in A2K, I don't think it has been put forth by conservatives.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:34 pm
I watch O'Reilly only a little, just as I check in on the religious channels and the shopping channels for a while. Just to see what's going on.

Why do I consider O'Reilly repugnant? He terms the ACLU the most dangerous organization in America. I'm a member. The man clothes himself in the flag (figuratively speaking, Scrat, so don't ask me to come up with a photo) then speaks such vicious nonsense about a group that fights for the Bill of Rights.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:42 pm
I was listening to the local NPR talk-radio station the other day, and a Shrub administration spokesman was being interviewed. Some guy calls in, nearly inarticulate in his rage, and starts ranting about having a murderer on the program, and "you guys this . . . " "you guys that . . ." I rolled my chair over and hit the play button on the cd, as i always have a Haydn symphony loaded and ready to go. I also heard Terry Gross' interview of O'Reilly. O'Reilly was just waiting for the opportunity, and he went off as soon as he saw an opening.

The "liberal" screamer and O'Reilly were both repugnant to me. Fortunately, i found a collection of all of the more than 100 symphonies which Haydn composed for about $100 last year, and always have one loaded and ready to go, for when the ranters, of whatever stripe, start up on the old radio . . .
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:08 pm
D'artagnan wrote:
The man clothes himself in the flag (figuratively speaking, Scrat, so don't ask me to come up with a photo)

Now that's funny! Seriously! Thanks for a good laugh! Laughing

FWIW, I find O'Reilly to be a mixed bag, I think he's good at not letting people wiggle out of answering questions but I think he can be a bit too enamored of his own point of view.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:16 pm
On that we agree, Scrat. (And I'm glad you liked my little joke...)
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:19 pm
BTW, at the risk of being referred to the group hug thread, I just noticed your sig line. I like that very much. Very Happy

(Don't worry, I don't expect you to like mine!) Shocked
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:27 pm
Dyslexia,
I love Dr. Bronners! The guy's kind of a flake, huh? Laughing
0 Replies