Fake leaders

Fedral

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 12:01 pm
Fake leaders[/u]
John McCaslin
March 23, 2004

Money will buy anything these days - including an imaginary foreign leader who will not only support your presidential candidacy, he will lie for you.

On the heels of Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry insisting that numerous foreign leaders (whom he declines to name) have endorsed his bid for the White House, a politically motivated entrepreneur, who appears to be from India, has placed himself on the EBay auction block as the imaginary "leader of a foreign nation that supports your candidacy for president of the United States until the elections in November."

"I'll play along with you with whatever you want me to say," says the pretend head of state. "If you want me to tell some pesky Republican who calls you out at a campaign stop that I support you, I'll back you up. ... Just like you, I'm willing to say anything it takes to get you elected. I won't mean a bit of it, and I'll change my stand on the situation when it is politically convenient."

Last time we checked, the bidding, which started at $10, surpassed $15,099. The high bidder was a woman named Zelda.

Link

And by the same author:

SUFFICIENT REASON

During the same week former White House national security official Richard Clarke is condemning the Bush administration for marching on Baghdad to dethrone Saddam Hussein, every member of Congress is opening "Iraq's Legacy of Terror: Mass Graves," a report highlighting the worst human rights atrocity of Saddam's regime.

"Hundreds of thousands of murdered Iraqis, including women holding their children with bullet holes, lie in at least 270 mass grave sites around the country," says Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.), who has seen fit to mail each member a copy of the report.

"Saddam's mass graves represent a crime against humanity surpassed in scope only by the World War II Nazi Holocaust, Pol Pot's Cambodian communist killing fields in the 1970s, and the Rwandan genocide in 1994," says Wilson.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 536 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Scrat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 12:12 pm
Fedral - The fake leader thing is sheer genius, and made me laugh. The mass murder report made me shake my head and wonder how anyone can quibble about why we went into Iraq, instead of questioning why we waited so long to do so.
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 12:40 am
Re: Fake leaders
Fedral wrote:
Money will buy anything these days

Yes... including the support of others for a "coalition" to invade another country.

As for all that other stuff, do you really think Bush gave half a crap about the people of Iraq?

Such a short attention span people have these days. Before the war, Bush almost never mentioned anything about the Iraqi's. All we heard was WMD, WMD, WMD, WMD... then once it turns out they weren't there, all of a sudden Bush shifts the focus to "liberating" the Iraqis.

Yes. Bush truly cares about the Iraqi people. Say it enough times, and who knows? Eventually it might come true.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 02:40 am
Shoelaces are a healthy alternative to raw noodles. 'Tis true.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 05:41 am
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Iraqis produce an elected government, and tell us to get the hell out of their country.

Fedral, do you ever have original thoughts?
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 09:21 am
Setanta wrote:
I'm gonna laugh my ass off when the Iraqis produce an elected government, and tell us to get the hell out of their country.

Fedral, do you ever have original thoughts?

I have plenty Set, as long as you take the time to look at the postings I type.

As to articles like this, I have said it before and I will say it again.

I post one of these very right wing slanted articles in direct response to each extreme LEFT wing article that I see posted here each day. As long as people like pistoff, BBB or BiPolar (to name just a few) insist on posting insanely biased left wing articles, I will continue to post these similar RIGHT wing articles to keep the Karmic Universe balanced.

PS: The really fun part is that THEY don't seem to recognize the extreme bias of their articles, whereas I recognize the slant to both sides postings. Laughing
0 Replies