Too Spot On Not To Share

RABEL222

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 12:30 pm
@IRFRANK,
On a2k it dosent seem too. Some rely on stupid insulting remarks in place of factual ones. I can only guess they have the mistaken notion the insulting remarks reinforces the facts. I sometimes wonder what schools they attended or if they attended any schools.
Joe Nation

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:26 pm
@Baldimo,
"All the Dems" turns out to be a US Representative from Colorado. Big whoopdedo.
We don't particularly give a **** about magazines or assault weapons.
What we DO want:
Background checks for both the seller/giver or buyer/receiver of any firearm for each and every sale, trade or gifting of said firearm. Said records to remain available to law enforcement for the entire period of time of ownership and subject to subpoena should said firearm be involved in any Felony of any Class.

We don't care how many weapons you think you need to protect yourself or need in order to engage in the sport of hunting. What we care about is whether or not you received whatever weapons you do possess legally (from a person or persons who had legal possession. )

It is preposterous that I have to show more paperwork to sell you a bass-boat trailer than I do if I'm going to sell you a .38 semi-automatic pistol.

Joe(most of the Dems, as you call them, are not screw-ups.)Nation

Baldimo

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:40 pm
@Joe Nation,
Don't forget VP Biden and his stupid comment about firing a gun in the air to scare off a crook. President Obama is using a 20 year old stat about background checks. Several anti-gunners have said that automatic weapons are dangerous and should be banned, Obama made this comment again yesterday when in CA and told an group he was speaking with that the Newtown shooter used a fully automatic weapon.
Ice Demon

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 01:57 pm
@RABEL222,
Huh? Is there some correlation with what school they attended or if they attended one at all, and the level of insults that are dished out?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:46 pm
@Baldimo,
I can speak from first hand experience, and I wasn't robbing anyone. I was half asleep in my own bed in my own house with my own child sleeping in the next room when my now former husband chambered a round right next to my head. That definitely gets your attention, and it's something you don't forget.

I was lucky, I talked him out of killing me and got the hell out of there with my 2 year old. That being said, I do own weapons and follow all the common sense advice to keep them out of the hands of others. Democrats hunt with rifles or a bow, you don't need a grenade launcher to hunt ducks.
Baldimo

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:52 pm
@glitterbag,
Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm happy to hear you no longer have worry about that crazy bastard.

People have been asking for grenade launchers to be legal?
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:53 pm
@ossobuco,
Yeah, Finn is bright enough, but is so married to a mindset he can't even recognize when you agree with him. That puzzles me. I just don't lose sleep over it.
blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 03:58 pm
@glitterbag,
me neither, but I have a lifetime scrip for ambien Wink
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:02 pm
@glitterbag,
I suppose you are a liberal.

His favorite word.
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:10 pm
@ossobuco,
That's probably true, even liberals own weapons. Does that disqualify me? I've never shot a living creature, but I was happier than a pig in slop when our troops killed Osama Bin Ladin. Oh my God, am I going to hell, waaaaaaaaaa
glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:18 pm
@Baldimo,
Yes, people who consider themselves survivalists think they can and do own grenades, grenade launchers and I am certain if they could get a stinger missile they would hang on to that for dear life. They don't care if the weapons are legal, they believe every type of weapon including small nuclear device should be available because of the second amendment. I think the second amendment is just fine, it's the crazy bastards that scare me.

I know my ex's gun got my attention, and you would have to be a moron not to think a warning shot wouldn't make someone reconsider their intentions. Have you ever even been nearby when a large caliber gun is fired? It not like on television, it is loud and powerful. By the way most of my ex husbands weapons he obtained illegally by stealing from an armory while he was with special forces.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:20 pm
@glitterbag,
I was teasing you about liberal.
I was somewhat happy that they got Bin Laden, and less happy as I thought about it. I'm no fan of assassination or many other maneuvers. I take it as an emotional pleasure on our side, but at the expense of generating more haters.

I can see arming for defense. The rest of the stuff that has gone on all my life re u.s. forces is questionable. WWII excepted, though even there I could rant.

There are some holes in my view, so lets call that a generalization.
DrewDad

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:23 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
Lustig Andrei wrote:

There are a lot of well-known women out there who could only benefit from a shot to the ole cabeza.

Have you given any thought at all to how this sounds?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:35 pm
@DrewDad,
DrewDad wrote:

Lustig Andrei wrote:

There are a lot of well-known women out there who could only benefit from a shot to the ole cabeza.

Have you given any thought at all to how this sounds?

Believe me, it took a long time of soul-searching before I decided to post it.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 04:45 pm
@ossobuco,
I knew you were teasing, I was teasing back. I agree that Bin Ladin death may have energized people who would normally be peaceful. What I find sad is that these oil rich countries have spoon fed the oppressed in their own country to hate the US and convince them it's the West's fault that they live in poverty. They have corrupted the Koran and as long as the West is the enemy, the obscenely rich are safe. I can't defend all the horrors that accompany war, it's uber dreadful and people suffer and the rationale for conflict never really make sense. I don't want to high jack the thread, because bear is so damn funny. Anyway, lets get back to recognizing when the emperor has no clothes and enjoy ourselves at Sarah Palin's expense.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 05:33 pm
@glitterbag,
I'm a veteran of OEF, I spent 5 months in Pakistan (no shooting there) and 9 months in Afghanistan(plenty of shooting there). I have fired M2, M9's, M-16's MK 19's the M240 and the M240B. I have never fired a weapon in anger nor have I ever killed anyone. I have heard more then my fair share of shots fired. I have even had to use my personal weapon to scare a burglar from my back yard.

People do have such weapons as grenades but they are not legal and a vast majority of gun owners do not see the need for anything other then semi-auto weapons. If I knew someone who had an illegal weapon (current illegal weapons) I would report them to the police.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:25 pm
@Joe Nation,
Joe,
So if I give my 17 year old son a rifle for christmas, a rifle that I got from my father, him and I should both have to undergo background checks?
mysteryman

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 06:28 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag,
nobody is advocating for nuclear weapons to be legal to own by a private citizen.
I know that some on the anti-gun side like to use that argument, but in doing so it only hurts their argument.

I thought you were better than that, even if you meant it in jest.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2013 07:03 pm
Mysteryman.....we have a survivalist group living 5 miles away. They are so sure our government wants to destroy the American way of life, they stock piled tons of illegal weapons and have been raided and prosecuted. I'm not being facetious re nuc devices, there are actually folks who think they need to have one. This is from regular gun ownership, these are nutcases who might be nihilists. I am not saying the NRA is advocating the right to legally own nucs, I'm saying we have crazy people who think they need one.

The kid in Connecticut who murdered so many elementary students, some shot as many as 11 times, had a mom who thought sharpshooting, or skeet shooting might be a stabilizing factor for her disturbed son. She loved him and underestimated his mindset and a lot of folks are bereft by her miscalculation.

When my son was born, I decided to move the revolvers and automatic (ok

converted) M 16 to the attic because even though he was too young to find them let alone reach the trigger, I figured I'd move them when he was 8 months old so I wouldn't forget and they would be within his reach by the time he was 5. Never in a million years did I think the man I married would stick a banana clip in the rifle and tell me he would kill me, the baby and himself. I tell you what, if you ever had to beg for your life and for the life of your son, let me know and I'll be happy to lie and tell you I don't know that monsters exist. I can't honesty say I'm disappointed that you're disappointed because you obviously have never been in the position I was in. What would you do, if your life and the life of your 2 year old were hanging in the balance.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 07:44 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

Joe,
So if I give my 17 year old son a rifle for christmas, a rifle that I got from my father, him and I should both have to undergo background checks?

you should have undergone one in the first place, and you should be held criminally and financially responsible if your minor son goes off the deep end with the gun. When he turns 18, he should be required to undergo a background check in order to keep this gun which also needs to be registered in his name.
0 Replies