Great going down, bad coming out.

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:35 am
Have to add a chinese dish, ants climbing a tree... at least as served in one restaurant in Westwood area of LA.

Ants Climbing A Tree
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:41 am
delete duplicate
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 01:37 am
http://www.ilovebacon.com/032604/bumburner.jpg
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 03:38 am
Very good, caprice! Laughing

KP
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 03:44 am
Not one I experienced first-hand I assure you k.p. Wink
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:28 am
Anybody seen the long line of "Ass-on-Fire" hot sauces? There's a bunch of 'em, with different themes (i.e., Ass-In-Space, Ass-On-Vacation), but a web search doesn't turn anything up and I've only ever seen them at "Heaven on Seven" in Chicago...
0 Replies

kitchenpete

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:32 am
Do you remember those Levi's advertisments with the picture of the original rivet jeans in front of a camp fire. The jeans had a crotch rivet!

"And it burns, burns, burns, that burning ring of fire" went the themetune...unsurprisingly, it gave my friends and I plenty of laughs.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:32 am
I think we get some of those Ass-on-Fire sauces here at the specialty food shops. Never tried 'em though.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Mon 29 Mar, 2004 07:47 am
No great shakes, but the labels are funny. Potent enough to give you firerrhea, though.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 05:40 am
I had a wickedly hot Malaysian curry that gave me firerrhea for two days. I wish it had been tasty enough to be worth it.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:29 pm
I can't imagine anything being tasty enough to be worth experiencing that. Ewwwww!!!

Last experience for me was a sub that my Dad boughten for me. He had them put all the veggies on, including the hot peppers! I ate half before I just couldn't eat them anymore and yanked them outta the rest of the sandwich. Oh I felt the ones I had eaten though. Oy!
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 08:34 pm
I love the hot food, so, well, I suffer for what I love. (Especially that good Chicago giardiniera. Mmmmm....)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 30 Mar, 2004 09:49 pm
A friend of mine who is now a chef went through high school with a guy from Thailand, Sum Sok. His brother, Sum Chai, had come here, made it modestly well with a bicycle shop, and saved and branched into restaurants. No Thai curries, though, he went for the cash and sold good burgers and fries at a great price. Sum Sok went into the bicycle repair shop while he went to high school. Sok was a competetive cyclist in Siam, and was very good at it. He also liked to customize small Japanese imports, which is what they do in East Asia, so he made good money on the side at a time when Japanese customs were hard to do.

They brought over other members of the family, and Sok sponsored a friend of his for the cycle shop (can't recall the guy's name now). My friend Tony and Sok had gone to Thailand before, and Tony loved the food. Sok's buddy lived with him in a nice apartment around the corner from (Chohk, that was his name!) our favorite watering hole. Just at last call, Sok would go next door to the liquor store, and pick up a couple of those mini-kegs of Japanese Beer (he liked Kirrin), and we'd go back to the house, where Chohk would whip up the most incredibly delicious food you ever ate--and it could scald the testicles on a brass monkey. We'd sit around, chowin' down, with sweat busting out all over and tears streaming from our eyes--American and Thai alike. Chohk was a rare cook, and all "home-schooled." The next day . . . i don't wanna talk about it . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 07:44 am
So many jokes to make with those names Set, so little time. I nearly killed a friend of mine in university with my Nue Gra Pao. The heat was fine for me, but he was doubled over on the floor clutching his shrieking bowels.

So Mrs. cav comes home around 11:15 P.M. last night from a company function with Jamaican patties. I stupidly get up and proceed to eat three of the spicy buggers. Bad idea....my sphincter locked up overnight tighter than Fort Knox and when the turds were finally released, they were hard and mean-spirited. There was that, and a bit of vomiting due to eating so late and not digesting properly before I went back to bed. I'm okay now, but my morning did not start off well. I will however, probably eat more of them for lunch. Laughing
0 Replies