What are humans really like???

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:12 am
@Frank Apisa,
You're pretty damned funny, too, especially when you start stroking your ego about how civil you are. All that name-calling you indulged in, that was an example of your civility, huh? I haven't been crying about anything, just pointing our what a hypocrite you are.

EDIT: By the way, you aren't fooling anyone. This was a bait thread from the git-go. You just started it hoping to get a rise out of someone I'm happy to oblige so everyone can see what a load of bullshit it is when you start patting yourself on the back for your civility, Saint Frank.
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:15 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5295999)
You're pretty damned funny, too, especially when you start stroking your ego about how civil you are. All that name-calling you indulged in, that was an example of your civility, huh? I haven't been crying about anything, just pointing our what a hypocrite you are.

Okay...so?

If you think I am going to allow you to come in here and insult me without returning fire...no problem. Think it all you want. In the meantime, I am laughing at you for being what you are...one of the big-time crybabies on A2K.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:17 am
No, no crybaby, you're just not that important. I do enjoy your hypocrisy, though. Oh, poor bay-bee . . . you were so insulted to have it pointed out that you are not civil, and that you try to bait people with this "angry" bullshit. Poor Frank . . . he's so misunderstood!
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 09:28 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, you are a crybaby. You moan and groan whenever someone reacts to your constant insults. You are an angry, out-of-control, quick-to-take-offense bully. And I for one will not take any of your nonsense without returning fire.

Frankly, watching you go through these regular crybaby routines is funny as hell, because you do it so poorly.

One other thing: If you had an ounce of decency in you, you would not be here arguing with me, because as you noted, I am a nothing. You should be focused on your dying canine companion. But you just don't have what it takes to stay away. I can count on your being here to amuse me!
dalehileman

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 10:46 am
@Lustig Andrei,
Quote:
I keep avoiding Facebook; I don't like the format at all.
My family advises me to star away from Facebook, they say it's outright dangerous, dunno why

Quote:
But I can well understand why some would leave here.
I can assure you Andy that many if not most other forums of this sort, even those heavily censored by their Mods, are as bad or worse in that respect
0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 10:51 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I am a nothing.
Frank that's what I keep reminding others about myself, yet they persist in their attacks and defilements. In a way however, their attention is a kind of acclaim

That's a reason I for one try to avoid much response
Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 12:41 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:

The many everyday posters who, disguised by pseudonyms, disgorge their anger, frustrations, and general contempt for others are able to do so because the anonymity of the Internet allows them the kind of immunity and invulnerability Kim and those other dictators get (or got) from “real world” position. Essentially those “everyday posters” become dictators of a sort—people who do not have to worry about observing niceties and considerations for the feelings of others; the obscurity and safety-of-distance of the Internet gives them insulation from society’s customs and immunity from society’s disapproval of rude, misogynistic, racist, misanthropic conduct.

Your entire post is very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. Homo Sapiens have myriad flaws. There is no doubt we encounter many disturbed posters via the world wide web. Our civilization is constantly creating laws by which our species should live.....without these laws there would be constant havoc in society. Not all people are so inclined to use vociferation against strangers on the internet, spewing garbage at all those they disagree with. Some among us lack a decent education, or proper home training, there are even some whom we encounter who are mentally challenged....then there are those with a physical disability which lead to their angry outbursts.

When I first began using the Internet to post I encountered a poster who suffered from Rheumatoid Arthritis along with sciatica. He was often in pain and was limited in the amount of pain relievers he could take for fear of liver damage. His outbursts on the board created anger in posters. There are many among us who suffer from one affliction or another. There usually are reasons why people act the clownish fool without thought for others' feelings.

I have encountered the worse anger among supporters of Republicans and supporters of Democrat; also, with respect to the subject Israeli/Palestinian conflict, with many hard-liners having a near-allergic reaction to the truth. Some posters make it impossible to stay on a board with them, but fortunately, on this board, one can use the ignore feature to escape.

There are often real reasons people behave in an abnormal way.....
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:21 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Good post there.
Meantime, your avatar is wonderful. (I'm not always a meanie)
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:27 pm
@dalehileman,
Thanks, Dale. Same book, same page. Wink
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:28 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Interesting observations and comments, MIT.

I'd love to see us all just get along better, but I also like being realistic.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:30 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
(I'm not always a meanie)

No you are not...especially when you are giving cooking tips!!!

Nancy goes ape when I give her a recipe to work on, because I never give amounts. It is alway "some bell peppers, some onions, a few diced mushrooms, blah, blah, blah. Her family actually measure out salt in recipes!
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:34 pm
@Frank Apisa,
In real life I'm a some of this and some of that cook too. I tend to follow a recipe the first time I try one that is new, different from any of my usual stuff. But even then...
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 01:58 pm
@ossobuco,
Quote:
Good post there.
Meantime, your avatar is wonderful. (I'm not always a meanie)

Thank you, Ossobuco. I'm happy you like the picture of my baby, Freddy. I've only read nice posts by you. I'll admit I'm still finding my way around this wonderful site. I find most of the posters here strong intellectuals....I think I'll be able to learn much from you guys.
roger

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:20 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
We used to know a Conyer's parrot named Fred.
neologist

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:34 pm
Anonymity provides license. Would that explain road rage, as well?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:38 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Anonymity provides license. Would that explain road rage, as well?

The fact that the person doing the raging is in a car ready for a quick exit is probably the best "explanation" of road rage.

I seem to be seeing more examples of minor road rage from young women than from men these days. Is anyone else noticing that?
BillRM

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 02:54 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Once more the person not having a relationships where it would harm him or her if the people in question like or does not like him is the driving element not if the real life ID is known or not known at least in my opinion.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 03:11 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Now that you've vented more of your spleen, i expect we will see you telling us again how highly you value civility.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2013 03:46 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I don't drive that much to compile data, but the last road rage I saw was, indeed, a young woman trying to exit a parking lot, wildly enraged, honking and screaming at some poor soul who was waiting for cars with the right of way to pass before edging out into a driving lane. She acted anything but anonymous however. Out there on her two feet nearly jumping up and down.
Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 6 Apr, 2013 06:02 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Re: Frank Apisa (Post 5296020)
Now that you've vented more of your spleen, i expect we will see you telling us again how highly you value civility.

I do value civility. I just do not intend to allow people like you to insult me with impunity.
0 Replies