Lyme Disease - Bowl Issues?

Reply Mon 1 Apr, 2013 10:21 pm
I was diagnosed with Lyme in August 2012. After, I began noticing that I have white in my stool. I had it for some time, but assumed it was due to antibiotics (I had 7 weeks of them (four weeks doxycycline, three weeks amoxicillin because it hadn't improved)). I got off of antibiotics at the end of January. Since it has improved, but comes and goes (maybe once every couple weeks).

It's not that the stool itself is white, but that it is coated/combined in white (sorry for the gross details!). I read it may be because of a lack of bile or liver problems. True? Should I consult my doctor or is this not uncommon?

Perhaps important info:
I take probiotics (not prescription) to help with my digestion because it becomes painful and I bloat/get gas. I've taken them for two weeks, and this is the first time I had that problem again. Otherwise it's helped lessen the pain and the uncomfortable side effects. I don't notice a correlation with the food I eat.

I cut out a lot of pasta, upped my meat intake, upped my fruit intake, and have stopped drinking coffee about 3 months ago. I don't drink pop or energy drinks. I drink milk more than I used to, but still probably less than I should.

I also have increased mucus secretions [stuffy nose the last couple months that finally cleared, some mucus in stool, and during intercourse, etc.]

I have no other diagnosed health problems. Female, early 20's.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,945 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 06:55 am
@Tankard137,
Consult your doctor.
0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 06:55 am
@Tankard137,
Did you talk to a doctor about this?
Tankard137

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2013 08:15 pm
@amygarside,
I had not made an appointment because it had left for months, but now it's back. I'm not super concerned about it, but now that I have insurance I would rather be safe than sorry.
0 Replies