Wetbacks and Republican Silliness

Miller

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:01 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

Miller wrote:

No matter how wealthy an Irishman is today in Boston, it's still hard for him/her to crack that uppercrust layer of Bostonian aristocrats.

This has been well documented in the area of Beacon Hill real estate deals where Irish "need not apply" to rent or to buy.

I would guess the exclusiveness applies to many others.

Sung to the tune of "It's a Small World After All" (from the Disney Land ride), I think one could also sing, "It's a Small WASP World After All."

If there is a second go around on this Earth, I'm coming back as a Methodist. I was impressed by their patriotic attitude in the service. Meaning, in my opinion, collectively they didn't have to think twice that they loved their country.

You can come back as a Methodist, but I'll be coming back(!) as a Bedouin mystic with flowing veils, that shimmer in the moonlight.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:36 pm
@maxdancona,
But no one, within this thread, or in the larger context, is calling them "illegals ," and so we have to ask if you liberals actually realize what your favorite admonition of straw man argument means.

But to expect that Max might admit he was well off the mark is fanciful.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:38 pm
@maxdancona,
Because that is an actually common term?

0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 2 Apr, 2013 09:39 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
harsh words from the king of the straw men...
0 Replies