How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 07:51 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

"Sorry to have to say this, Layman, but if you had stayed away...you would not have contributed any less."

Of course not. But I would have contributed more, cancha see?

I doubt you would have contributed more by staying away...but I'm glad you realize you would not have contributed less.
0 Replies

think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 08:13 pm
@Frank Apisa,
A yes.
think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 08:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Correction, something "merely" being possible.

To clarify,
If one would react to 6% of the possibilities in his life, that would have consumed at least 300% of one's available capacity, to focus and concentrate.
Ragman

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:01 pm
@think rethink,
W-h-u-u-u-u-t? Drunk
think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:24 pm
@Ragman,
just a complicated way of claiming, one cannot afford to address all "mere" possibilities, and still navigate life successfully.

possibility should only be entitled for attention (in my primitive view), if there is suggesting evidence pointing in it's support.

is it possible that an earthquake will strike your area tonight?
definitely,
should you address it?

you tell me
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 02:52 am
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

A yes.

So...you discount any possibility that what we humans call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?

Interesting blind guess. A bit silly...but interesting.

But why should someone take you seriously after you acknowledge something like that?
think rethink

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 08:36 am
@Frank Apisa,
Hi Frank,
Regardless where I got confused with the yes and no options, let me clarify please.

Original reaction,

Do you discount ....?

that is definitely so,

Clarification,
Something definitely preceded the items in creation we can comprehend.
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:59 am
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

Hi Frank,
Regardless where I got confused with the yes and no options, let me clarify please.

Original reaction,

Do you discount ....?

that is definitely so,

Clarification,
Something definitely preceded the items in creation we can comprehend.

I simply cannot understand that response, think.

I am not sure if it is a problem with English not being your first language.

IF it is, I apologize, but I just cannot understand what you are saying.
think rethink

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 11:13 am
@Frank Apisa,
Ok brother,
To simplify, I unintentionally responded with the wrong option (yes).

So let's do it one more time.

Do you discount...?

no, I do not discount.

And am in effective agreement,
stuff preceded and actually caused, what we call the universe.

Hope this finally works.

Also, my sincere gratitude to your polite attitude.

Actually, English is not even my second language,
Never learned it, was just messing with English language books and radio broadcasts, until I could pretend to be able to hang with you guys.
Frank Apisa

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 11:48 am
@think rethink,
Okay...maybe we are getting somewhere.

The thing that started this was my posting:

http://able2know.org/topic/211403-73#post-6045309

In that posting I observed that your comments re: gods...seemed to be directed exclusively toward the god of the Bible.

I was trying to find out if you think there were no possibility of gods...or if you were simply convinced that the cartoon god of the Bible is unlikely.

You now acknowledge that gods are at least possible...although like me, you think that the god most theists in America worship...is unlikely...and, hopefully, non existent. (THAT god is a disgusting piece of work!)

You are doing a good job with English, Think. Keep at it.
Leadfoot

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 03:22 pm
@think rethink,
Quote:

Do you discount...?

no, I do not discount.

And am in effective agreement,
stuff preceded and actually caused, what we call the universe.

So what caused you to discount the possobility that it was "a God" or some sentient being that created it? No matter what it was, it has obvious implications. Weren't you at least curious?
0 Replies

think rethink

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 09:04 pm
@Frank Apisa,
thanks frank, for all the gracious acknowledgement.

in that post, i wasn't referring to my idea of god,
but rather to the god model, advertised by all the god brokers i came across.

"my" idea is influenced by what i don't understand, and is incredibly flexible as a result, to the point, where it's counterproductive to invest in it.

should it be of interest,
i worship a philosophy, with equal enthusiasm and fire, i used to worship the human like god, invented by dudes with aspirations to control and impose.

this is ongoing for about 2 years already, so far, the result is a meaningful existence, with reason and direction, bla bla bla.
Ragman

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 09:44 pm
@think rethink,
Just out of curiosity, you wouldn't be from Prague, would you?
think rethink

Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:36 pm
@Ragman,
how did you know?
Ragman

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 12:21 am
@think rethink,
Just a good guesser. Why did you rename yourself from Vernon of Prague?
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 05:34 am
@think rethink,
Quote:
i worship a philosophy, with equal enthusiasm and fire, i used to worship the human like god, invented by dudes with aspirations to control and impose.
Sure it is. What's your philosophy? And what kind of God would you have prefered to a 'human like god'?
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:31 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
Sure it is. What's your philosophy? And what kind of God would you have prefered to a 'human like god'?

The kind of "GOD" that makes sense and is tangible in a modern thinking rational world... Not the la la land GOD most brokers in the market are trying to sell...
Fil Albuquerque

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 07:43 am
The wording "wrong" is itself Judaic Christian culturaly heavely loaded...
Why would anything that exists be wrong ? Everything that exists, even flies, have a purpose which often is not clear. Our reaction to such problems is a reductive shortcut, therefore conviniently opt to say X is wrong, redudant, and not needed...lets kill the flie...
...of course, the world and the Historical process, as it unfolds, proves us the opposite everyday...

So what is the purpose of mythology, of story telling, of shortcut reductive magical explanation ?

Headache pills are not a remedy to the illness but a remedy to the suffering....

...the world in its full complexity leeds to suffering and headache pills
serve a very concrete purpose...just like football ! In sum, the thread topic is absurd...one should not question reality...
0 Replies

think rethink

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:52 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
good morning,

it is based on the view, that life, in it's most simplest forms (a breath of clean fresh air), is jammed with pleasure, but defective attitude and beliefs, obstruct one, from tapping into his inner experience.

distracting your focused awareness (through jealousy,etc) of the joy you already possess,
is on top of the list of culprits.

but, so is, the engagement in harming beings,

the last line, refers to a psychological cycle, which activates, when engaging in causing your fellow man pain, loss, etc.

to illustrate, if someone asks you whether life is great or it sucks' right after you were badly shamed in the workplace for example, an honest response (at least inside) , would likely be, life stinks way to often, it's pretty shitty down here.

now when asked the same, after your boss publicly announced your promotion and your value to the company,

a very honest inner reaction will likely be, give me some more of that great stuff (life), i wanna continue for infinity.

above is a demonstration, of how a focused awareness on a specific area in creation, will drastically alter your experience in the very same safe or dangerous environment.

now, this idea suggests, that a similar effect takes place, when one acts kindly or with cruelty to others,

even if you don't experience the pain you cause others (this view, disputes that), when you are so actively involved in generating destruction,
the awareness, about the abundance of possible harmful scenarios, that threaten you 24/7, is alerted to a very high level, which demolishes your own inner peace,
to an extent, where you don't feel your inner joy unless it's some extreme stimulant (drugs) that partially triggers your spirit.

to abbreviate,

i get up in the morning, with a specific intent, to tap into my abilities to appreciate life,
(by releasing my inner peace from it's prison of crushing suffocating patterns and habits,
allowing the peace, to radiate its safety into an area, where once i step into there,
i am shielded enough from distractions, diversions etc,
that i can "notice" the incredible pleasure of existing (even without the innocence of an infant),
rather than finding new, more intense, triggers.

therefore,
when i cause another heart to brighten, lips to stretch,
as much as i have "given" them, i have gotten way more.

no one owes me anything, as i have already been rewarded.
think rethink

Tue 13 Oct, 2015 09:54 am
@Fil Albuquerque,
to the question, i prefer the unknown God.