How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 07:02 am
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot or should I say CONSCIOUSNESS..is this where you are going with this?...Is that all you think you are ?
Leadfoot

Tue 11 May, 2021 07:24 am
@Jasper10,
No, right now I’m tied to this rapidly aging decrepit body. But that has nothing to do with the discussion.
Why do you always change the subject? You’re like one of those dolls that spits out one of a few random phrases when you squeeze it.
Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 07:30 am
@Leadfoot,
So correct me if I'm wrong Leadfoot…...what you are saying is that depending upon the person...... their views of what is good and bad can vary/change as and when...i.e.. so good and bad can mean different things to different people.
Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 07:33 am
@Leadfoot,
ouch Leadfoot...I didn't mean to upset you...honestly...I'm trying to understand this alternative view point.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Tue 11 May, 2021 07:46 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
so good and bad can mean different things to different people.

That’s not right either. I don’t know anyone who does not know what 'good' or 'bad' means. People are egocentric, even me and you. If 'I' like something, it’s good. If 'I' find something unpleasant, it’s bad.

These words are adjectives. They are applied to objects and ideas. It is the different THINGS that the adjectives apply to that vary depending on the person.
Any help?
Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 09:10 am
@Leadfoot,
ok....I get that...thanks Leadfoot…...sad..... but I do get it...

The reason I say sad is because with a philosophy such as this it's as though EMOTION ONLY is an ABSOLUTE that determines good or bad.

That is pretty base isn't it?
Leadfoot

Tue 11 May, 2021 10:10 am
@Jasper10,
I wouldn’t/won’t adopt any POV that doesn’t satisfy both my reason and emotional needs. That may sound unreasonable but, that’s what 'good' .should do. And I like it.
Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 12:25 pm
@Leadfoot,
Ok...thanks for your honest response...

Nobody can definitively prove or disprove absolutes whereby good and bad are concerned that much is absolutely clear.So let’s not argue about that one.That FACT is established and we all know it.

So all need to reason and decide for themselves whether there is or there isn’t.

My truth table as you call it is my logic output possibilities table....which ALWAYS results in an..”I don’t know” whether absolutes are inputted or not.

I consider all possibilities not just half.....I’m genuinely not concerned if there is or isn’t absolutes so I can input all data possibilities not just half.

The person who only believes in no absolutes will only input half of the logic outputs even though it defies logic.

This is my point.

Jasper10

Tue 11 May, 2021 02:53 pm
@Jasper10,
The fact that there are 4 off logic output possibilities is an ABSOLUTE.

Why not focus on the ABSOLUTES that we know about rather than the ones we don’t?

What is the significance of this?.......is there a significance?
0 Replies

NoName77

Fri 14 May, 2021 07:48 am
@Leadfoot,
The people who say that bad is good and good is bad, are those who make the claim of there being no Truth, no solid, concrete mass. The ones who keep everything a chaotic water. This program is the virus, playing on 0’s and 1’s.

But consider a philosophical statement here:

In order for there to be Truth, Absolute Truth, then there can be no lies....

As much of a monster as that is to justify with Experience, all it actually says is that we Experience lies on a regular, and to base a science on our perceptions does in fact maintain the very circle we seek to be free from.
0 Replies

NoName77

Fri 14 May, 2021 07:57 am
@Jasper10,
As for proof of absolutes, our very existence proves it! Mind and Experience! One is absolutely NOT physical, and one IS absolutely physical. Then again we have those who actually believe the brain lie. That we are brain. Yet there is no brain without Mind to Experience it! The whole idea of a brain running the Show falls apart when we look, truly look at what we actually are vs Experience. All we Experience outwardly, is first Experienced inwardly. There is no way around that. Another absolute.
Leadfoot

Fri 14 May, 2021 09:11 am
@NoName77,
Quote:
Then again we have those who actually believe the brain lie. That we are brain. Yet there is no brain without Mind to Experience it! The whole idea of a brain running the Show falls apart when we look, truly look at what we actually are vs Experience. All we Experience outwardly, is first Experienced inwardly. There is no way around that. Another absolute.
I wouldn’t disagree with any of that, but someone else can dismiss that with “The 'mind' is simply an emergent property of the brain and soon science will unlock all its secrets.”

Claiming 'mind' as proof that we are more than a brain with life support attached will never convince anyone . Or even more basic, the claim is, you are nothing more than a delivery mechanism for your sperm. We have only slightly formalized the process of female selection and impregnating. One wonders why they don’t go off and suicide. I guess a lot of them do, come to think of it.

Although it has barely started, science is doing a fine job of reverse engineering this creation. I just can’t understand why they can’t see the obvious in their own work. They really believe a mindless blind watchmaker did all this.

0 Replies

Leadfoot

Fri 14 May, 2021 09:26 am
@Jasper10,
Quote:
The person who only believes in no absolutes will only input half of the logic outputs even though it defies logic.

This is my point.
Your point is easily evaded. They say we now know that reality exists at a quantum level and there are no absolutes since everything is a matter of probabilities and simultaneous presence. All values are neither 1 nor 0, they are all probabilities until their wave function collapses blah, blah, bla...

I’m just wait'n for the last wave function to collapse and everything to be clear. I’m tired of seeing quantum reality through this dark glass.
Jasper10

Fri 14 May, 2021 10:22 am
@Leadfoot,
I agree with your reverse engineering to an established blueprint comment.

One can only HOPE there are no absolutes.....until definitive proof can be presented ....we know that already...the 4 off logic output possibilities have confirmed this.

2 off of the logic output possibilities state that there are absolutes...can’t avoid that one I’m afraid.

As one doesn’t have a definitive START/END POINT forget probabilities...utterly meaningless.

PRESENCE........now we’re talking...

Leadfoot

Fri 14 May, 2021 10:35 am
@Jasper10,
If you see the truth in 1's and 0''s, that’s good.
Jasper10

Fri 14 May, 2021 10:39 am
@Leadfoot,
The 1 and 0’s are merely a part of the hamster wheel....I’ve been able to jump off because I have accepted all 4 off logic possibilities....many remain there...

I’m not a 1 or a 0.
Jasper10

Fri 14 May, 2021 11:29 am
@Jasper10,
I keep going on and on and on about the 4 off logic outputs possibilities so that it can be seen what we are dealing with here....machine programming......ALL sciences are interconnected....
Jasper10

Fri 14 May, 2021 11:31 am
@Jasper10,
We are NOT the machine...
Leadfoot

Sat 15 May, 2021 06:00 am
@Jasper10,
But we are IN the machine.
Jasper10

Sat 15 May, 2021 11:01 am
@Leadfoot,
Embroiled....absolutely......as long as we are AWARE of it and learn to take control...
0 Replies