How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

neologist

Sat 10 Oct, 2015 03:39 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I think that was a reflex rant, Frank. A lot like when the doc taps your patella tendon and you kick without thinking.
0 Replies

think rethink

Sat 10 Oct, 2015 07:50 pm
@Frank Apisa,

Do you have anything to say about gods in general?

God in general, is an invented idea, humans lack the tools to deal with (will gladly elaborate should someone respectfully request that),

Do you think gods are not possible?

Do you discount any possibility that what we human call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?

that depends on the definition of universe
neologist

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 01:14 am
@think rethink,
Go ahead and elaborate.
Unsupported assertions make folks nervous.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:28 am
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

Do you have anything to say about gods in general?

God in general, is an invented idea, humans lack the tools to deal with (will gladly elaborate should someone respectfully request that),

I respectfully request that you elaborate.

Quote:

I see no answer for this question.

Quote:
Do you discount any possibility that what we human call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?

that depends on the definition of universe

I did not say "universe."

I said, "what we humans call 'the universe.'"

Surely you know what we humans call "the universe."

So...do you discount any possibility that what we humans call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?

think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:10 am
@Frank Apisa,
Good morning Frank.

First a reminder.
If you are an observant religious person, stop please reading right here.

Now, to elaborate.

What if we possess verified info, that worlds like ours, keep on coming into being consistently,
it's only the items in the final stages of a creation, that all of them ( finalists) are being caused by the items in the earlier stages.

In other words, our observation, that all is caused, applies to the parts and stages of creation our perception can access.

We are programmed (for many excellent reasons) from day one, to ignore possible info we don't yet know.

That habit, produces misconceptions like religion.

As far as we are concerned, everything is caused.

The big defect here, our concern, is secluded from close to 100% of crucial data, critically required to assume and conclude in this matter.

To illustrate,
I am rushing to Beijing unprepared,
Get in the rental car with my american maps GPS. And expect it to get me to my destination, simply because that's the only data (maps) I possess,

Sorry honey, that data, applies to an different and exclusive location (usa), when attempting to combine it with the incompatible Beijing reality, good luck trying.

One more.
I jump into the river for a refreshing swim, a stunning multi colored fish lines up with me for a chat,
fish is healthy, happy functional,etc.

In my attachment to my newfound friend, I simply grab the poor thing tightly, haul him onto shore, place him on the picnic table facing me, eager to continue chatting with my vibrant energetic fellow.

The observation of a fish exploding with life and a promising future, is only accurate in a particular habitat.

When applying that, to an incompatible environment, the result will be the stench of dead fish.

All human logic, reasoning, and data.
Are accurate, applicable, in their designated environment only, which is where we can be witnesses,

It in no way applies, to any location or time position, humans weren't observing.

It's somewhat similar to the faulty reasoning about the conviction of the world having a purpose, once God is accepted as fact.

If you find a religion that logically portrays god as humanly limited, then we will reconsider.

Otherwise to pick on a human attribute, that is directly connected to human limitation (without limitation, purpose cannot exist), and apply it to a limitless God,
Is another illustration of human nature to apply human law of function everywhere indiscriminately

think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:24 am
@think rethink,

reaction,

there is a very limited range of items which are not possible,
everything else is possible,

something being possible, is a good reason to ignore it
think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 09:28 am
@Frank Apisa,
So...do you discount any possibility that what we humans call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?

that is definitely so.

(above reaction is based on assumption that "we humans" ignore and disrespect our huge information void)
Leadfoot

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 11:03 am
@think rethink,
Quote:

That explains so much! Thank you.
izzythepush

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 12:09 pm
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

Good morning Frank.

First a reminder.

Not just religiously observant people.

I read up to here.
think rethink wrote:

In other words, our observation, that all is caused, applies to the parts and stages of creation our perception can access.

Now I envy the religiously observant.
0 Replies

think rethink

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 12:38 pm
@Leadfoot,
(just in case)

correction, something "merely" being possible
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:46 pm
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

Good morning Frank.

First a reminder.

Now, to elaborate.

What if we possess verified info, that worlds like ours, keep on coming into being consistently,
it's only the items in the final stages of a creation, that all of them ( finalists) are being caused by the items in the earlier stages.

We are programmed (for many excellent reasons) from day one, to ignore possible info we don't yet know.

That habit, produces misconceptions like religion.

As far as we are concerned, everything is caused.

The big defect here, our concern, is secluded from close to 100% of crucial data, critically required to assume and conclude in this matter.

To illustrate,
I am rushing to Beijing unprepared,
Get in the rental car with my american maps GPS. And expect it to get me to my destination, simply because that's the only data (maps) I possess,

Sorry honey, that data, applies to an different and exclusive location (usa), when attempting to combine it with the incompatible Beijing reality, good luck trying.

One more.
I jump into the river for a refreshing swim, a stunning multi colored fish lines up with me for a chat,
fish is healthy, happy functional,etc.

In my attachment to my newfound friend, I simply grab the poor thing tightly, haul him onto shore, place him on the picnic table facing me, eager to continue chatting with my vibrant energetic fellow.

The observation of a fish exploding with life and a promising future, is only accurate in a particular habitat.

When applying that, to an incompatible environment, the result will be the stench of dead fish.

All human logic, reasoning, and data.
Are accurate, applicable, in their designated environment only, which is where we can be witnesses,

It in no way applies, to any location or time position, humans weren't observing.

It's somewhat similar to the faulty reasoning about the conviction of the world having a purpose, once God is accepted as fact.

If you find a religion that logically portrays god as humanly limited, then we will reconsider.

Otherwise to pick on a human attribute, that is directly connected to human limitation (without limitation, purpose cannot exist), and apply it to a limitless God,
Is another illustration of human nature to apply human law of function everywhere indiscriminately

Ummmm...is that a "yes" or a "no?"
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:47 pm
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

reaction,

there is a very limited range of items which are not possible,
everything else is possible,

Huh???

Are you just kidding now?
Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 02:48 pm
@think rethink,
think rethink wrote:

that is definitely so.

(above reaction is based on assumption that "we humans" ignore and disrespect our huge information void)

Is "that is definitely so"...a "yes" or a "no?"
neologist

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 03:30 pm
What we have here is our failure to hallucinate.
0 Replies

layman

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:00 pm
@Frank Apisa,
I haven't read much in this post. Just stopped in a few minutes for old times' sake.

"Do you discount any possibility that what we human call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?"

Suppose I do, Frank. Then what am I? An atheist, an agnostic or what? Oh, wait, I forgot. An atheist and an agnostic are the same damn thing, eh? There is no such thing as an agnostic.
neologist

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:04 pm
@layman,
Welcome back!
layman

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:07 pm
@neologist,
Thanks for the welcome, Neo. But, technically speakin, I aint "back." I'm just frontin.
neologist

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:14 pm
@layman,
Welcome front
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:39 pm
@layman,
layman wrote:

I haven't read much in this post. Just stopped in a few minutes for old times' sake.

Okay.

Quote:
"Do you discount any possibility that what we human call "the universe" was brought into existence by something that existed before it did?"

Suppose I do, Frank. Then what am I? An atheist, an agnostic or what?

If you discount any possibility...I suppose you would be an atheists...a strong atheist.

Quote:

Oh, wait, I forgot. An atheist and an agnostic are the same damn thing, eh?

There is no such thing as an agnostic.

They are not the same thing...and of course there are agnostics.

Sorry to have to say this, Layman, but if you had stayed away...you would not have contributed any less.
layman

Sun 11 Oct, 2015 05:44 pm
@Frank Apisa,
"Sorry to have to say this, Layman, but if you had stayed away...you would not have contributed any less."

Of course not. But I would have contributed more, cancha see?