How can we be sure that all religions are wrong?

Thewordoftruth

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 05:08 am
*** w09 2/1 p. 9 Does God Accept All Forms of Worship? ***
Does God Accept All Forms of Worship?
Common answers:
▪ “All religions are paths leading to God.”
▪ “It doesn’t matter what you believe if you are sincere.”
What did Jesus say?
▪ “Go in through the narrow gate; because broad and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are the ones going in through it; whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it.” (Matthew 7:13, 14) Jesus did not believe that all roads lead to God.
▪ “Many will say to me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ And yet then I will confess to them: I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:22, 23) Jesus does not accept all those who claim to follow him.
MANY religious people treasure their own beliefs and traditions. But what happens if these teachings are not in harmony with what is found in God’s Word, the Bible? Jesus showed the danger of following man-made traditions when he said to the religious leaders of his day: “You have made the word of God invalid because of your tradition.” He then went on to quote these words of God: “This people honors me with their lips, yet their heart is far removed from me. It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach commands of men as doctrines.”—Matthew 15:1-9; Isaiah 29:13.
Conduct is also important, not just beliefs. The Bible says of some who claim to worship God: “They publicly declare they know God, but they disown him by their works.” (Titus 1:16) In fact, the Bible says of those living in our time: “Instead of loving God, they will love pleasure. Even though they will make a show of being religious, their religion won’t be real. Don’t have anything to do with such people.”—2 Timothy 3:4, 5, Contemporary English Version.
Sincerity is required, but more is needed. Why? Because a person can be sincerely wrong. So accurate knowledge about God is vital. (Romans 10:2, 3) Taking in this knowledge and acting in harmony with what the Bible says will enable us to be pleasing to God. (Matthew 7:21) Really, then, right religion involves right motive, right belief, and right action. And right action means doing the will of God daily!—1 John 2:17.

Right religion involves right motive, right belief, and right action
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:02 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:

I claim to believe things and God, but is it because I believe what someone else said about God? Or because I believe it myself?

Could it be a little of both?

XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:10 am
@reasoning logic,
Yes, if you would like to get technical there are probably many more than 2 choices for believing...BUT there are also many more than 2 choices for validations as well that you left out which determine who we are...

Again, our determined actions decipher our consequential reactions...
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:16 am
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
If you wanted a better understanding of my reply you would have had to seen the video as well because it was part of it Cool
0 Replies

Chumly

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 10:34 am
@reasoning logic,
The difficultly in conclusively proving a negative sweeping generalization does not in and of itself lend any credence to the question's merit.
0 Replies

neologist

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 01:38 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
If we were to consider that a God really did have an interest in us all knowing that he existed, would it be [un]reasonable to think that he would be [un]able to put his words in all of our brains so that we all would agree that it was from him?
[brackets mine]
This was the case at the time man was created; before he decided he would be better off setting his own standards of good and evil.
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 03:10 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
This was the case at the time man was created; before he decided he would be better off setting his own standards of good and evil.

I appreciate what you share and I hope that you will consider what others share as well even when it seems to go against your own understandings.

I myself am an atheist but most of my love ones are theist but yet we all get along very well but we do see things different,

You said that This was the case at the time man was created; before he decided he would be better off setting his own standards of good and evil.

I personally think that me and most Christians think that the morality God shared in the old testament was sociopathic by today's standards but the theist seem to give God a pass on this behavior, They are able to find justifications for his sociopathic nature.
FOUND SOUL

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 03:20 pm
@reasoning logic,
Quote:
couldn't you also be able to do something less complex such as add a hard drive so to speak into all of us so that we could all acknowledge it as being the absolute word of God

Happy Easter RL. Isn't that a bit futuristic? Isn't that also something more man made? And, wouldn't that be pointless, we would all be sheep.........ba.
Weren't we given brains to make our own management decisions about life, with life and in life.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 03:28 pm
@Thewordoftruth,
Do you follow these words yourself? Or do you break them yourself?

So who could know God unless it is because they want to believe in God? That they show by explaining who they think God is? And not what another has explained they think God is with the gift of the spirit?

Do you think that as you are apart of the spirit of God or an apostle that you also have the spirit of God within you? So why are your views not as valid as any other prophet, prophetess or apostle?

Would God want you to explain who you think he is with your apostolic nature...or have blind faith in what another apostle had already said?

Is God more interested in what you think the truth actually is? Or how you think another person's perspective is truthful?
neologist

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 03:47 pm
@reasoning logic,
reasoning logic wrote:
I personally think that me and most Christians think that the morality God shared in the old testament was sociopathic by today's standards but the theist seem to give God a pass on this behavior, They are able to find justifications for his sociopathic nature.
I don't think that way. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, there never would have been war and crime and sickness and death. The entire Bible, including the Hebrew writings were set in place for only one reason - that we might identify the messiah, the one identified in Genesis 3:15 "And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”'

No doubt many in the past 6000 or so years have suffered mightily from the effects of the Edenic rebellion. For them we have the hope set out in John 5:28 and Revelation 21:4. I'll provide quotes if you can't find them.
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:05 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
Happy Easter RL.

Happy Easter to you as well FS.

Quote:
Isn't that a bit futuristic? Isn't that also something more man made?

Well wasn't God created in the image of man and isn't it less complex than all of creation or in my case being an atheist "existence"?

Quote:
wouldn't that be pointless, we would all be sheep.........ba.
Weren't we given brains to make our own management decisions about life, with life and in life.

What would be so wrong with having a bible in your head that everyone else acknowledges and have the free will to ignore it if you chose? I would rather have a God that I did not have to doubt than one who makes me wonder if a God could even exist.
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:11 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
I don't think that way. Had Adam and Eve not sinned, there never would have been war and crime and sickness and death. The entire Bible, including the Hebrew writings were set in place for only one reason - that we might identify the messiah, the one identified in Genesis 3:15

I see Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil as studying moral philosophy meaning that they where eating, digesting or taking in the understandings of what is right and wrong.
Just because they did not know what morality was does not mean that they did not engage in immoral acts it only means that their eyes were not open to it or that they did not have a the concept of morality at the time.

What slave master, job creator or God would want another man to question the morality of the master? If the slave is out of his cotton picking mind thinking about ethics how is that in the interest of the slave master?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:18 pm
@reasoning logic,

I think that human existence is nothing in general...Or nothing more than anything else ever was, if we do not eat from the tree of knowledge to understand what morality is....And I think the only way a God could show that this is true, or how he sees humans is by having them eat from the tree...

If it was uploaded in someones brain...then it is not a free choice...

I understand your point, that we had a free choice but we were going to fall, but that also explains why we as a creation are not God ourselves...and why God sees us as highly as he does when we do what is moral and not self-pleasing...

It does not exist if God does not love people so much that he gives them the choice to even reject him, himself...

And his love, is explained to me personally in how I think he will rescue everyone...
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:23 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
If it was uploaded in someones brain...then it is not a free choice...

OK so a better solution would be to not understand morality and go to war with our neighbors until we figured out in time on our own?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:25 pm
@reasoning logic,
How do you know that people would not go to war once this morality was uploaded in their brain? Then what would be their alternative? To be struck down and killed right then? Or not created at all?

We can not be who God wanted us to be unless he gave us the freedom that he has...even if it does not make sense...

Why did God make us his most special creation? Only God fully knows that answer...
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:25 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
that also explains why we as a creation are not God ourselves..

I think that we are as close to being gods as there may ever be.
0 Replies

reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:27 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
How do you know that people would not go to war once this morality was uploaded in their brain? Then what would be their alternative? To be struck down and killed right then? Or not created at all?

Well that would depend on if God also did not make sociopathic people.
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:30 pm
@reasoning logic,
Then we would be robots or sheep like FS has said...We could only be who we are with the ways things went down...We could have been just like any other life form, and been much happier in ways...but we then probably would not even understand what happy is since we do not know or understand pain...that is what makes humans different...we understand that not everything is perfect...and it seems that nothing else does...but God...
reasoning logic

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:34 pm
@XXSpadeMasterXX,
Quote:
Then we would be robots or sheep like FS has said.

Are you suggesting that because you are not sociopathic as you think, that you are some sort of robot? If other people who are sociopaths were like you instead of who they are do you think that they would be robots too?
XXSpadeMasterXX

Sat 30 Mar, 2013 04:40 pm
@reasoning logic,
No, I am suggesting that if God got personally involved and started creating people to his own specific liking or commanding us to do as he says with no other choice...then there is nothing special about us over any other living thing that has ever existed...

So it is either be happy, because we are so simple and unintelligent that we really do not understand anything at all...because every single action we make is already predetermined...

Or it is be amazing creatures because we understand what is right and what is wrong, and it has a meaning that others as well as this God appreciates...that we have to chose when we decide to make our personal actions...that it seems no other creation knows or can appreciate or distinguish...because we have free individual will...
0 Replies