Thank you Waffle House!

chai2

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 06:25 am
What are the odds you would find sugar at a Waffle House?

Renee Vance, a 27-year Waffle House server in Marietta, Georgia was working when a customer noticed a 76-year-old man slumped at the counter. "Someone yelled, ‘He's having a stroke -- call 911,’" Vance recalled to WAGA Fox 5 News. But Vance, a nursing student and diabetic, immediately recognized that the man was going into diabetic shock. She used her glucose meter to check the customer’s blood sugar. It read 49, which is very low and can lead to organ failure. The hero said, "I knew he was going to go into diabetic shock if I didn't get some sugar in him." So with help getting the customer she knew as “Leo,” on the ground, Vance held his head and began pouring orange juice, making him drink. By the time paramedics arrived, Leo was coming back around. Vance said, "When they took him out he was looking up at me and saying thank you." Leo’s family members later stopped by the restaurant and informed the staff that he was okay and recovering at home. The incident helped Vance confirm her nursing career goal and she has shifted her hours at Waffle House to pursue that dream.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 4 • Views: 989 • Replies: 11
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 08:04 am
@chai2,
she didnt need a gun?
chai2

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 06:45 pm
@farmerman,
This one time? Wally and I were at a Denny's? We ordered and everything and were just sittin' there sayin' nothin' 'cause we're married and all. The place was pretty empty. This guy sittin' at the counter? He was just sittin'. He'd gotten there before us, and was still just sittin' there when our food arrived. He finally asked the waiter "So where the hell are my waffles?" The waiter said "Waffles? I thought you just ordered water." The guy just stared at the waiter a few seconds, then got up and left without sayin' a word.

It was pretty funny.
farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 07:24 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
This one time? Wally and I were at a Denny's?

fer sher
chai2

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 07:50 pm
@farmerman,
This other time?

We were at the same Denny's, and the waitress tried to make us think she was pregnant, so we'd leave her a bigger tip.

This Denny's beats Waffle House all to hell as far as entertainment value. I aint' never seen nobody go into no diabetic coma there either.
farmerman

Reply Thu 28 Mar, 2013 07:54 pm
@chai2,
I don like they grits. I likes Truckers Worl
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 04:24 am
@farmerman,
yeah well truckers worl got them all beat. I gotta go allaway to corpus to get 'em though.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:21 am
@chai2,
PS, whats with the Valley girl accent. You are a lady of some experience are you not?

Usually "upspeaking" is a mannerism not exhibited by people of the female persuasion at a2K
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:23 am
Naw, upspeak is common among country boys (and girls), especially in the South.
farmerman

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:25 am
@Setanta,
sounds so damn , dayum!!. HAte it

ENJOY A PEEP for breakfast today
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 05:33 am
So, we was goin' over to see Bubbles, you know? That Romero kid who lives down by Judge Stevenson's wood lot? Over across't from the new gas station on the Selma road? Well . . . so anyways, we was goin' over there and we seen Billy a-tearin' down the road like the Devil hisself was after him. You know how Billy drives. So i says to Enigma Jean . . . you know Enigma Jean, what was once't married to Billy's cousin Piper?
chai2

Reply Fri 29 Mar, 2013 06:27 am
@Setanta,
At my job, if you want to get the scoop on anybody or anything going on there, you go see our receptionist, Peggy.

She's a wealth of knowledge, all rolled up into that kind of stream of consciousness thinking?

She also dispenses wise advice, such as "Don't mess with that."

If Peggy says don't mess with something, I have learned to be wary of it.

Peggy knows, she's been there.
0 Replies