OCCOM Childcare. Advice on caring for a 7-year old girl.

sozobe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
Sorry about the non-ha-ha'ing girl, Morgan.

Are there any people out there fishing now? They might take pity on a cute li'l girl and her clueless guardian who just wanna fish, and lend you some bait...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:27 am
Well what the heck, it's worth a try right? We can pick up some bait later or tomorow. Or mabe I can net some sardines from the pier. They're usually swiming around there.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:31 am
Na Soz, my condo's common area's are like a ghost town. My neighbors are mostly 2 and 3 times my age. We'll figure something out if this doesn't work. I'm an 1/8th mile from the ocean inlet so there's tons of fish and I don't think they're too picky.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:38 am
Ceili, she refuses digging for worms, too repulsive.
(She started with gross, and then used the synonym feature in MS word, lol)
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:43 am
Okay, I'm really impressed now! Very Happy
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 11:49 am
Ok, I agree with the worm thing being gross. I couldn't imagine doing that when I was Morgan's age either. To be perfectly honest, I never done it, don't think I could....but I heard it works. That's why I like the bark lures. An old indian chief taught me to make them when I was about your age.
However, I've never caught a fish. Had a few nibbles here and there, but the fish gods have never smiled on me. I'm allergic, I think the fish know better.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 12:21 pm
We tried digging for worms but we did'nt find
any.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 12:40 pm
Working off the advice from breakfast; I take it there is nothing wrong with a mound of shredded cheese on a slice of bread for lunch? Didn't seem like an argument I was likely to win anyway.
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 05:30 pm
hahaha! You're in for a fun week! Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 06:24 pm
I would be happy to dig for worms, but not to stick them on a hook. Ick.

Cheese is good for kids. So are vegies.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 07:25 pm
I always liked digging for worms, and putting them on hooks. I loved going fishing at Morgan's age. Fishing, reading, talking to adults, straight skipping, reading, playing poker with my friend Ann's dad, playing all kinds of ball games, oh and the skipping games.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:13 pm
The little monster has a motor that doesn't quit. Moms here now and they're in the shower, so I get a little peace. I guess bed time must be coming up soon too. Wow, no wonder I don't have any of those. I have MUCH more respect for you parents than ever before! Thanks for all the advice. Bill
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:26 pm
I believe my advice was the best.
0 Replies

caprice

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 08:28 pm
A child in the care of O.B.? His influence on a young innocent??? Shocked

Then again...from the sounds of things, it would seem that she has more control over O.B. than vice versa! *L* Gee Bill, if a 7 year old girl has the upper hand with ya, I can only imagine how it must go with an adult female! Mr. Green

See the thing is, you have to let kids know who's in charge. But now that she knows she can manipulate ya, there's no going back.

My only regret here is not having the opportunity to be a fly on the wall at O.B.'s place for the next week! Very Happy
0 Replies

suzy

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:02 pm
Competitive, eh Gus? Laughing
0 Replies

Ceili

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:21 pm
only four more days........
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 06:08 am
Hmm.......One day, and the "little genius" has become a "little monster".

Imagine what it is to have a kid in your life, day after day, for two decades! Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:03 am
Gus is right. Just think if he hadn't warned me she was going for the chainsaw! On the other hand, he dissappointed her when he said he said he was on his way over, but didn't show. Rolling Eyes

Caprice: we both know hardly a day goes by that you wouldn't like to be a fly on the wall here. :wink:

Today we are going to the museum. Next post will be Morgan's. Laughing
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:07 am
caprice wrote:
A child in the care of O.B.? His influence on a young innocent??? Shocked

Then again...from the sounds of things, it would seem that she has more control over O.B. than vice versa! *L* Gee Bill, if a 7 year old girl has the upper hand with ya, I can only imagine how it must go with an adult female! Mr. Green

See the thing is, you have to let kids know who's in charge. But now that she knows she can manipulate ya, there's no going back.

My only regret here is not having the opportunity to be a fly on the wall at O.B.'s place for the next week! Very Happy

Mad Im mad about what you said about me!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 08:09 am
Good morning, Morgan. Hey, you have a hideous looking bug on your head! Oh... never mind.

That's just Bill looking over you at the computer screen.

He sure is ugly.
0 Replies