Naysayers! Believers! Draw your swords!

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 10:54 am
Neologist wrote:
Quote:
@Romeo - Oh, sorry. I thought perhaps I had discovered the source of the apparent degeneration of your synaptic connections

Mate, if ever i join the JW's that's when i'll know my brain's turned to mush and i hope somebody'll measure me up for a straitjacket real quick, right Jack?
"Right!"
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/cuck2_zpsff464e9d.jpg~original

neologist

Reply Thu 31 Oct, 2013 12:02 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Is that your support group, Romeo? I thought photos were not allowed.

Now, here's the simple explanation of my earlier post:

You know that gooey thingus that hangs on the end of your booger?
This scared the heck out of me. I'm glad to have learned it at a very young age, before too much damage could be done. . .
But that gooey thingus. . . It's a brain neuron. . . Scary, huh?

I'm telling you now because at your age the next step is. . .

Oh, I forgot
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 02:28 am
Neologist said:
Quote:
You know that gooey thingus that hangs on the end of your booger?..It's a brain neuron...I'm glad to have learned it at a very young age, before too much damage could be done. . .

First of all, we holy men don't do "gooey things on ends of boogers" and secondly you say you learned it early before too much damage was done.
Dunno how to tell you this mate but joining the JW's when you were 29 was a sure sign that you'd gone cuckoo..Smile

Incidentally, a psychiatrist once pronounced me sane, his report read something like- "Mr. X is a strong-willed individual which would explain the trouble he now finds himself in with the police. His behaviour and responses were appropriate throughout the interview and I cannot therefore recommend a plea for leniency to the court on the grounds that that the balance of his mind may have been affected at the time of the offence"
Incidentally one of the questions he fired at me out of the blue was "Do you masturbate?". I went red in the face, fidgeted in my chair and mumbled an embarrassed reply but I'm not telling you what it was!
Like I said, he declared me sane, so obviously my answer was the right one!

Drat, I should have pretended to have been a JW and no court would have convicted me, i'd have got off with a "guilty but insane" plea..Smile
neologist

Reply Fri 1 Nov, 2013 09:59 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Had you been a JW, you would most likely have been disfellowshipped.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sat 2 Nov, 2013 06:18 am
What possible reason would i or anybody else have for wanting to join the JW's?. But I have to say I've seen some of their women on youtube and they're quite attractive..Wink

Incidentally I was expecting the electricity meter reader to call a few years ago, and when the street doorbell rang I assumed it was him and pressed the lock release to let him in.
I then began making my way down the block stairwell to show him where the meter was, but I heard several male and female voices and footsteps coming up the stairs, so I stopped and called out "Is that the meter man?"
"No, we're Jehovah's Witnesses" somebody replied, so without another word I tiptoed back to my flat and shut my door.
They must have eventually traipesd off because I heard nothing more from them!
0 Replies

void123

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2014 11:29 pm
@neologist,
Perspectivism

In so far as the word "knowledge" has any meaning, the world is knowable; but it is interpretable otherwise, it has no meaning behind it, but countless meanings.—"Perspectivism."

It is our needs that interpret the world; our drives and their For and Against.[emphasis added] Every drive is a kind of lust to rule; each one has its perspective that it would like to compel all the other drives to accept as a norm.

— Friedrich Nietzsche; trans. Walter Kaufmann , The Will to Power, §481 (1883-1888)
0 Replies