Is this woman telling the truth?

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:40 pm
I recently heard from a woman who my boyfriend is friends with that CPS just dumped a 6 year old girl on their family. Apparently the neighbors just dropped the girl off to be babysat by the friend and CPS came to them and asked them to just take the girl. Wouldn't there be paper work? or court order or something? Or do they just dump kids on pretty much strangers and tell them it's their problem now?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 1 • Views: 682 • Replies: 6
No top replies

TearsToAshes

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:17 pm
@TearsToAshes,
Still waiting for an answer. thanks.
BillRM

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:33 pm
@TearsToAshes,
They do not have a phone book or internet access to get the phone number of the local child services to find out what is happening?

I can see a child being drop of in such a manner for a short period of time like overnight as in some areas child services do not have short term places to put children and they can end up camping out in the waiting area of the agency.
TearsToAshes

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:40 pm
@BillRM,
The child has been in this families care for a few days now. The friend told CPS they don't have a room for her and such but they told them to just take the child. Apparently the woman that had the child before them was a family friend of the mother and the mother does drugs and the father is in prison for the same thing.

I just didn't think that CPS could just put a child in some strangers care out of the blue, with no room for it or paper work/court hearing or something.

What should the family do if they can't handle the child that was put in their care out of the blue?
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:52 pm
I've heard of this with relatives, but never with non-relatives.
TearsToAshes

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 03:55 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yea, this family that the child got dumped on isn't related to any of them or the child in anyway. It's just their neighbor, that's it.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 04:13 pm
@TearsToAshes,
Then they should call CPS and tell them that they can't care for this child. Start the process all over again. Perhaps they are looking for a relative or placement somewhere else.

The story really does not sound true. They MUST have a card from the CPS or the police who "dumped" her off.
0 Replies