Mitch McConnell's Statement About Hillary

Advocate

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 12:08 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Chris Smith is an asshole...and an embarrassment to New Jersey. Hillary was spot on in her reply to him. I am sure she was grateful for the opportunity to answer that question. I hope Smith was glad he asked it, but I sorta doubt that.

It did seem that Hillary was delighted to get the question, and was geared up and rehearsed relative to the reply. Of course, her answer was 100 percent correct .
Advocate

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 12:15 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Have you seen the attacks on GOP women from the left? You are going to complain about this? First off step off the soapbox and until you can explain the sexist attacks by the likes of Bill Maher. Or how about the pics taken of Sarah Palin from behind and between her legs. Not sexist?

I'm a bit biased, but it seems that Republican women revel in making very vicious attacks on Dems. E. g., you should listen again to Palin's first speech as the VP nominee. It was 100 percent vicious attacks, and zero percent substance. Bachman's speeches are similar. Thus, Dem attacks on them are well earned.
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 12:19 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Chris Smith is an asshole...and an embarrassment to New Jersey. Hillary was spot on in her reply to him. I am sure she was grateful for the opportunity to answer that question. I hope Smith was glad he asked it, but I sorta doubt that.

It did seem that Hillary was delighted to get the question, and was geared up and rehearsed relative to the reply. Of course, her answer was 100 percent correct .

Smith would have done MUCH better if he had preempted Hillary by simply saying that he and she have different opinions on the question of abortion (leaving out all the other stuff)...and that he was going to oppose her (and the activities/legislation in question) based on those differences.

But he is too heavy-handed for something like that. He was going to trap her...put her in a corner and watch her squirm.

As was evident, any squirming done was done by Smith.

That is why prosecutors live by the rule: If you do not know what the answer will be...don't ask the question.

0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 12:52 pm
@Advocate,
It's good to know that you support sexism as long as it isn't directed at GOP women. Bias doesn't begin to explain it. As long as you hate them it's ok and justified?

Explains a lot.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 03:30 pm
@izzythepush,
I never put anyone on ignore. I just refuse to acknowledge them when I come to the conclusion that we are too far away from one another to make it worthwhile. I try not to engage in name calling and insults.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 07:22 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

It's good to know that you support sexism as long as it isn't directed at GOP women. Bias doesn't begin to explain it. As long as you hate them it's ok and justified?

Explains a lot.

I don't know, and don't care, how you reached your conclusions. You clearly misunderstood my statement.
0 Replies