Is it possible for my ex who's on probation to take custody?

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:45 am
I was so much for us to co-parent and be civil with each other. He's so bitter about me ending things with him that he wants to make my life miserable. He makes threats saying he's going to take my daughter away from me (there shouldn't be any reason for, I'm a great mother).

He's on probation for two years, and recently had an marijuana come up in his last UA. I'm not sure what will happen with that.

My question is, should I be worried that he could fight me for custody with his criminal record? Also, what would you think is a reasonable custody agreement? I want him to be apart of my daughters life, but I'm afraid he wants to try and 'get back at me' through her.

jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:16 am
@12Paprika,
This is a question for an attorney.
12Paprika

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:29 am
@jespah,
A lot of questions on this website are questions for attorneys. There are two questions here. I just wanted some insight.
Ragman

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:45 am
@12Paprika,
And understand that when people here advise seeking out an attorney it's meant to offer the best advice and not speculate and lead someone often times in a crisis down the wrong or injurious path.
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 01:27 pm
@Ragman,
Exactly. There's a lot more at stake here than how to lose 10 pounds or whether one teenager texting another one is really in love. We do not wish to steer you wrong.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:00 pm
Do you mean he wants physical custody? Then he will have to prove that his home is better than yours. The burden of proof will be on him.

You say you are a good mother. Then just continue to be that.

Don't listen to what he says, watch what he does. I have a feeling that any court would not entertain the thought of a person on probation 9for a drug offense) can attend to taking care of a child full time.

In fact, if he is a druggie, I wouldn't even grant him visitation. So you need a lawyer to keep this creep away from your child, if he is using.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:02 pm
@12Paprika,
Okay, he's a MJ user, and he's on probation. What skeletons are in your closet that have you worried he's going to be successful it taking your daughter away from you?
0 Replies