Can I go from custodial to full custody if my son's mom hits my stepson in front of him?

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 02:29 am
My son's mom will hit his brother (who is not mine) and cuss at him when she has my child with her. My son repeatedly has to be exposed to these arguments when he is with his mom and is now experiencing anxiety and behavior issues as a result. She will have my son in the car while she is fighting and cussing out his brother. She has never hit my son yet, but repeatedly puts him in danger and exposes him to this. She has choked, punched, and hit his brother in front of my son. When I told her our son is experiencing issues from witnessing these fights, she showed no concern and threatened to abandon him. Is this enough to get full custody of my son instead of custodial?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 743 • Replies: 4

Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 03:56 am
After reading this it seems your wife is not mentally stable and her actions impacting both the child very badly. I would surely recommend you to go for full custody and try to keep away child from the mother.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 04:22 am
I don't know the answer to your question, but I'd say it would be worthwhile to consult a custody lawyer to look at your case.
0 Replies
Reply Thu 13 Jun, 2019 05:11 am
Call your lawyer and ask him or her.
0 Replies
Reply Fri 14 Apr, 2023 09:55 am
Start documenting everything that your son tells you. If you think your son is in danger consult with authorities and ask for a wellness check, law enforcement would show up and ask to come into her home, they may look at the rooms of the kids or even ask them if everything is ok. Furthermore, a report is made which you can go and attain a copy for your records. Start proceedings, get a laywer if you want, most ppl in these forums just say get a lawyer because its easier and makes them sound smart, but they havent been through this before, trust me, i know you are just asking for advice. Get minors consul if possible for your child if they are under 18 years of age that way his words carry some weight in court. Just make sure your documentation is detailed, take the high road in all converstions with ex and always state "what in your childs best interest". Lawyers are a 50/50 situation, they can be an immense help or prolong the case which you end up paying for. Now, I will wait for eveyone negative responses.....
0 Replies

Related Topics

  1. Forums
  2. » Can I go from custodial to full custody if my son's mom hits my stepson in front of him?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/21/2024 at 11:28:15