I Am a Delicate Little Flower

jespah

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 06:56 pm
Naw, just kidding.

My feet are huge. They are skeery. Families of six can live comfortable in each of my shoes.

I have been reminded of this recently as I have been attempting to get new rain boots. This is because the current pair are being held together with duct tape. A fetching look, as you can imagine.

Size 10? Too small. Size 11? That's apparently also too small these days. Size 12? Egad, maybe. I dread whatever freakin' price will be charged for them.

I am, lo, destined to never own cute footwear. Instead, I clomp around, like a Clydesdale. Everything is functional. I but a lotta men's stuff, so I do own cowboy boots that are decent, and I own plenty o' pairs o' sneaks. For job interviews and the like, I wear either men's penny loafers or very, very basic pumps that I suspect could also be sold to dowdy drag queens (are there such people?).

Shniff. I am not necessarily looking for a solution to my dilemma. Mainly, I just want to tell my tale of woe. And post a Fats Waller video.

I am here to listen to your tales of woe as well, if you so desire. I will listen although I warn you my ears are not as huge (don't let the avatar fool you) as my dang pedal extremities.

Shniff.

chai2

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 07:42 pm
It's much easier to balance on your feet than smaller ones.

mismi

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 07:51 pm
@chai2,

Quote:
It's much easier to balance on your feet than smaller ones.

This is true.

My feet have grown over the last few years. I think it is because I am not wearing pumps like I used to. I have gained a size and a half in about 10 years. Maybe that is not right....I just wear flats these days...and tennis shoes and my feet have kind of just spread out....

The hobbit hair toes though...I have been waxing those since my teens.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 08:48 pm
I have the same problem. I usually have to settle for 10 1/2 because the 10 is too narrow. I have occasionally had to buy 11. For several years I could buy my perfect size by ordering online from Mason shoes. They apparently quit making the ones that fit. I tried to get some three or four times but they quit having any in stock.
mismi

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 09:24 pm
@edgarblythe,
I thought you were talking about having to wax your hobbit hair toes.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 10:26 pm
@jespah,
Jespah, I love the videos. I have spent 30 minutes watching all the youtube selections that were connected to the Fats Waller clip. Lena Horne shows up in a few, a dance duo whose name I can't remember and Cab Calloway. Very rich and very big band, swing groups and the magical Lena Horne. I have practically drained the iPad of power. Must move desk top downstairs. Thanks for the Fats Waller clip.......it's priceless and soooooo enjoyable.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 03:14 am
@mismi,
Quote:
I have gained a size and a half in about 10 years.

Don't sweat the small sh*t. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.
roger

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 03:43 am
@Setanta,
Actually, she was a 36.
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 03:59 am
@jespah,
You know what they say about women with big feet?
Big phallus.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 04:20 am
@jespah,
jes, My tootsies went from a 7 1/2 to a 9 1/2.

On the other hand, my height went from 5' 6 1/2" to 5' 3/2".

Maybe my tallth went to my feet.

My body has a mind of its own.
0 Replies

VikitoSt

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 06:22 am
@jespah,
"It's much easier to balance on your feet than smaller ones." - Yes this is what I think also. If your feet are so big then you must be really tall, and that's sexy. Models are really tall and they are admired for that. A tall woman is always notised from men. My feet are also very big, but whenever somebody try to mock me for them I say - "this is the size of the feet for my hight" and smile.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 09:35 am
@Setanta,
Quote:
Don't sweat the small sh*t. Marilyn Monroe was a size 14.

And here I was thinking everyone would comment about the hairy hobbit toes. Razz Gah...

I figure it comes with learning to love getting older. And there are definite perks to it. Wink I am in the process of mourning and moving past "my younger years".

Sometimes I am good. Sometimes not so much.
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:04 am
@mismi,
I hear that.

Long as you don't start talking about the precioussssssss then I think we're good.

Setanta has met me and can attest to the fact that, alas, I am not that tall.

I am beginning to look at LL Bean for boots. I know they'll be waterproof and well-made, I just wish that their designers weren't freakin' color blind. They still offer a green shade that I think might work in Cambodian jungles but here in Bahstin it just looks like hospital green gone wild.

PS Glad you liked the video, gb.
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:27 am
@jespah,
Zappos, my friend, Zappos.

The younger generation just has bigger feet than was usual generations back. Lots of cute/hot/nice shoes for big-feetsed women out there.

(I sit next to a size 12-wearing young woman - she wears on-trend and good quality shoes)
jespah

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 10:57 am
@ehBeth,
Just started poking around there, thank you. A lil annoyed that they only seem to have a size chart for shoes, but it's a start. Thank you. Smile
ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Mar, 2013 11:01 am
@jespah,
click on womens shoes
then the type (sneakers etc)
then the size you're looking for

(you can also select for width and brand)

they've got up to womens size 20 footwear
MattDavis

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 12:52 pm
@jespah,
Don't matter....

... you got life! Very Happy
You got a lot.

Screw being a delicate flower Mad
roger

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 02:09 pm
Foot binding. Foot binding is the answer.
jespah

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 02:28 pm
@ehBeth,
Thank you. If I start to fit into size 20, I imagine I'll have a fine future in the circus.

Ah, the roar of the greasepaint, the smell of the crowd ....
0 Replies

Ice Demon

Reply Mon 18 Mar, 2013 02:32 pm
@roger,
I thought about that, but I was afraid to cross that boundary, and possibly pissing off a project manager of this site. I don't want to get banned yet. ;^)
The thing is, when a guy makes a joke like that, people generally tend to characterize it as cruel and misogynistic piece of work instead of seeing it as a venture to a bold, insightful and avant-guard route.