cjda

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 11:16 am
I have not smoked marijuana or even been near it for more than 53 days. Three weeks ago I took a urine test for a clinical study which requires me to be drug free. I was negative that day and two week later as well. Today I took the same drug test and It came back positive for marijuana used. I don't know what factors made this happen. I think it might be because it was the first urine of the day. Is that possible? or maybe because I exercised and or strained myself physically and therefore releasing stores thc in my body?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,997 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Baldimo

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 12:14 pm
@cjda,
This is the very reason I'm against testing for pot. It serves no purpose other then to catch people in a gotcha moment. Unlike other drugs and even alcohol, pot sticks around so you don't have to be currently high to test positive. The rest of the drugs have a higher chance of being detected if under the influence at the time of being tested.

Not really sure there is a way around this. You might want to contact a lawyer who is familial with this sort of thing. You can't really prove you hadn't used in quite some time unless they test your hair and most companies will not spring for that level of testing.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:18 pm
@cjda,
Quote:
maybe because I exercised and or strained myself physically and therefore releasing stores thc in my body?

That would be my guess.
0 Replies

tycoon

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:43 pm

Exercising will release THC which stores in the fat cells. The first urination in the morning is also likely to blame. It's not a good idea to provide that sample if you have a choice. The collector should have told you how much you needed to supply, which isn't all that much, around 60cc. It's a good idea to allow the first half of you urine stream (where all the nasties reside) to go in the toilet, then capture the necessary amount in the cup before emptying your bladder, and give them no more than what is required.

0 Replies

amygarside

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 06:00 am
@cjda,
I am not really sure why this happened. Did you ask the clinic about this?
0 Replies