Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:05 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Oh, you "do" nails for a living, Steve?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dca0264l.jpg
no i lent a couple of girls some money to open a salon
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:30 pm
My cousins took me out for my very first professional manicure and pedicure last week while I was in Massachusetts. What an odd mixture of emotions that experience is!

First of all, what type of person would want to be picking at other people's toenails all day? I also worry about them being exposed to all the lacquer fumes and dust from nails and callouses, and the cleanliness of their tools.

It was also unnerving to have my feet be that vulnerable to someone, both for painful and erotic sensations. The manicurist dug a little too deep under the nails and my feet are extremely ticklish!

I was also embarrassed at the layers of callous that were scraped off my feet. When done, it looked like the floor of a wood carver's workshop. But, boy did my feet feel great after the foot and leg massage! They had that same feeling you get after having your teeth cleaned, a little sore but oh so smooth. My feet were so relaxed, smooth and callous-free I could barely keep my shoes on my feet!

Got both the feet and hands polished up in bright rose too. The fingernails didn't last long at all before they started chipping so that is a definite waste of money, but I would not mind going for another pedicure in about three months or so if it wasn't so expensive.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:01 pm
C'mon up to Toronto, Butrflynet.

$15 for a pedi (including the leg massage and at least an hour in the vibrating chair ommmmmmmmmm)
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:07 pm
I've been considering getting my first pedicure. Do you have to chat with the pedicure-rs or can you like bring a book?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 07:20 pm
Not much chatting where I go, but you need to pay attention so you know what they want you to do when they tap your foot or leg - in/out/up/down/back/forward.

Most of the mani/pedi places in Toronto have Vietnamese or Korean staff, so language is occasionally an issue (there was a Seinfeld episode on what's really going on) - so there's a lot of tapping and smiling.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 10:02 pm
No chatting where we went either, for the same reasons. Made it difficult to explain why I was squirming so much every time they touched the bottom of my feet. And I got very paranoid by all the commenting and giggling with fellow manicurists. I just know they were commenting about my toenails! Laughing

This place we went charged $30 for a hand and foot combo or $20 for either of them alone. They had the vibrating chairs and warm water tubs too. I almost picked up that chair and brought it home with me! It was over way too soon. Kinda like a lot of other erotic experiences I've had. hrumpf!

Soz, you definitely need to treat yourself to it at least once in your lifetime. And, it is mucho fun if you go with others and the crew teams up on you. We had 5 in our group. The shop called in extra help because they only had 2 pedicure chairs so the other 3 of us got our hands done while we waited for the chairs. Of course, they all made me go last so they could laugh at me squirming while they watched from the waiting area.

Hey eBeth, do you have any idea for a source for those emery/pumice sponges they use on the callouses? I've never had that much success with products available via over the counter retail.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:22 pm
Ceramic, Butrflynet, ceramic.

mrs. hamburger turned me onto the ceramic callous stones. Tweezerman (under the link) is one of the better brands, but I've found less expensive ones that work quite well.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 04:33 pm
That's exactly what I have, and I use it in the shower with a bit of
hair conditioner smeared on it. Works like a charm.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 21 May, 2007 06:15 pm
Thanks for the tips, ladies! Very Happy
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Painted toe nails
  3. » Page 9
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 12:56:00