Painted toe nails

littlek

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 09:54 pm
or you can buy a bottle of the one they use on your toes - no?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:45 pm
Yep, mac and soz, I've decided that a pedicure is a must. I'll probably wait for warmer weather when I'll be wearing sandals.
I'm a little worried that, because my feet are very ticklish, I'll ruin the pedicure as it is being done. Oops, there goes $40.00.
Bethie, if I come to visit you, just imagine how much I could save on a manicure and pedicure!!
Toronto, here I come.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 23 Mar, 2004 10:50 pm
Diane, I don't do pedicures well because I'm ticklish, especially on the soles of my feet. When they run that pumice stone across my feet, it's torture not to laugh and pull away. That IS something to take into consideration.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 09:55 am
I love pedicures...they run about $30 here. It's tough to choose between that and a half-hour full body massage for the same price, though!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:31 am
littlek wrote:

I'd rather bring in the polish I bought, than pay 4x as much for the same thing at the salon (and they don't always have colours that I'm liking that day).
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 10:38 am
ehBeth wrote:
littlek wrote:

I'd rather bring in the polish I bought, than pay 4x as much for the same thing at the salon (and they don't always have colours that I'm liking that day).

It seems most salons around here use OPI polish which is fine, but the colors are never the same shades available at retail outlets, so buying for touchups after the fact never works. Better to bring your own.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:10 am
Now you men, did you ever think that such a benign question on painted toe nails would cause such an in depth conversation?

I like OPI too and have brought my own for application. Now do you all prefer to have same color on toes and fingers or different?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 11:20 am
It depends on the season, and the occasion.

In 'high summer' I usually like to have light brights on fingers and toes. Sometimes I'll use a metallic version of what's on my fingers on my toes. They're usually related colours, with something bolder on my toes than on my fingers. Closer to the end of the sandal season, I tend to go for deeper tones. For Easter, I usually get out all the pastel shades - pale green, baby blue, lilac, a couple of pinks, soft yellow, white, and mix it up.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 12:37 pm
I usually wear a clear or light beige on my fingernails and then, in the summer, a vivid coral or bright red or orange on my toenails, something bold like ehbeth.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 01:06 pm
You're scaring me again, eoe! Laughing
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 01:16 pm
kindred spirits...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:37 pm
<huuuuuuuge smile>
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:46 pm
I am amazed that this topic has so far filled four pages of threads. You women are insane!

I should have known though; one of my first posts was about how much women pay for haircuts, and that one went on a waaay longer and more detailed little journey than I ever expected it too.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
Don't you know? We do this only to baffle men. It is quite a source of amusement really.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:05 pm
Hey, far be it for me to judge.

Party on, ladies!
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 04:14 pm
Hey Kick,
Talk about a hijacked thread!
Check in next week. They should be on aroma-based polish by then.

Hmmm...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:16 pm
o.k. - I can take that one now.

I've got some chocolate-scented nail polish. It's sort of a pale beige colour. I think it was some kind of Avon Christmas special.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:25 pm
Look what you did, George! Laughing
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:27 pm
ehbeth,

I thought you were kidding! Google confirmed it though - there's a variety of scented nail polishes available...

Does it only smell when you're applying it, or does it smell for as long as it's on your nails??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Mar, 2004 05:31 pm
jer - as i recall ( i only used the stuff once ) the scent lasted about 48 hours. It wasn't a particularly strong scent, but it was chocolatey. Interesting as a gimmick.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Painted toe nails
  3. » Page 5
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 10:35:05