Painted toe nails

theollady

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:40 pm
I love to feel me too, folks.
Always paint toenails and keep a soft pedicure.
EVERY night-- gently massage the feet and toes and their cuticle with tea tree oil and camphor-- then cover all that with lemon shea butter and a soft pair of 'footies'-- to wear all night, (or lose in the bedsheets).

Feet feel great and keeps toenails easy to cut, and "I" believe it helps to preserve the quality of 'polish job'-- (less peeling or chipping, I mean)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:41 pm
ahhhhhhhhh

sounds sooo good

i can hardly wait til winter boot season is over
0 Replies

theollady

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 06:50 pm
It wont be long here ebeth. Lots further south than you.
Actually, I saw the first robins on the mountain early this week.
I'm already leafing through ALL the catalogs we get, checking out the cute sandals.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 5 Mar, 2005 09:49 pm
Something tells me this isn't a "Guy's Thread"!

Or, maybe it is! I painted over a lot of nails when I put up new gyproc last year. Does that count? Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 07:37 am
Try a pedicure, Reyn. You'll wonder how you've been doing your job for so long without at least trying one.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 6 Mar, 2005 11:48 am
Well, I agree that taking care of one's feet is important. Especially when one is on them all day long!
0 Replies

kirsten

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:33 pm
Time to polish again, pink I think....bought some lime green sandals and can't wait for spring! Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Mar, 2005 02:38 pm
sounds scrumptious

now if it would just stop snowing Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

rodbogey

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 02:53 am
I have your same thoughts Kicky. Can't stand them. I'm a huge women's feet fan but I just like'em natural. Oh! and I'm a feet sucker myself.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 12 Mar, 2005 05:59 am
toenails, fingernails, they're there to be painted, it's their sole purpose of existence.
0 Replies

hotsauce

Reply Sun 13 Mar, 2005 02:16 am
Painted toenails are pretty...pink toenails rock!
0 Replies

Pantalones

Reply Tue 15 Mar, 2005 01:10 am
Painted toenails don't do it for me, they don't bother me either.. I'm neutral on this subject.

I'm with PortalStar on the no french tip, though. Solid colors only.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:11 am
Got my first pedi of the year today.
Let the sandal season begin.
Very Happy
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:17 am
Lucky you! Us Californians have to have a year-around subscription -
yeah life is tough! Laughing
0 Replies

aidan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:31 am
Although I like the way painted toenails look, I don't like the feel of painted finger or toenails, I feel like my nails can't breathe. But when I went back to work, I succumbed to pressure to polish my toenails, because I feel since every other female in the world (including little girls) now seem to be painting their toenails, unpainted toenails just looked too "undone".

But then I read an article that said that if you constantly have polish on your nails, especially toenails, because they spend so much time encased in shoes, they will yellow and look aged more quickly than if you don't. They said if you want to keep young looking feet/toenails, you should forego the polish as often as possible, so that the nails can breathe.

So I feel like I have a good reason not to. I just kind of buff my toenails so they look naturally pinker and shinier - almost like they have clear polish on them. And I have to say, my nails on fingers and toes look less yellowed and stressed than those of a lot of women (like my sister) who always, always have their finger and toenails polished.

Just something to think about- although I guess it doesn't matter if you always polish your nails- no one else will know what they look like without polish anyway.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:49 am
Oh god, why resurrect this old disgusting thread?

Painted toenails. Yeeccchh...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 11:59 am
Still, Kicky?
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 01:33 pm
I like painted toenails

I make money out of it

Well not much but you know, its a living.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 01:54 pm
Oh, you "do" nails for a living, Steve?

http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/dca0264l.jpg
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Sun 20 May, 2007 02:01 pm
I saw this and wondered how I missed this thread. Then I realized that it started years before I subscribed.
I like the look of my toenails painted. I just don't get my hands done too often because it doesn't last as long.
But I've wondered what people, especially men, really think about it. I felt a little strange about it in Europe and wondered if its an excepted thing to do in some countries.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Painted toe nails
  3. » Page 8
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 09:47:17