These sentences

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 01:06 pm
Nobody asked me about my friend winning the lottery, and I didnt volunteer any information.

By creating their own beautiful artistic designs, a person can feel a great sense of accomplishment in knowing that the patterns are unique.

Mary's parents disappoved of hers attending the company conference so far away from her home.

I am very much surprsied at him resfusing the position of vice president of the newly-formed corporation.

The witness testimony was essential to proving that the defendant was nowhere near the scene of the crime.

For me, those sentences are all correct.. Could you fix those sentences if you see any broken part? And it would really help me if you explain me the reason why.. Thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 542 • Replies: 4
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 01:11 pm
spelling: disapproved

her attending (not hers attending)

either:

so far from her home

or

so far away

0 Replies

dalehileman

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 01:37 pm
@jangsunny1030,
Nobody asked me about my friend (Jimmy, Bill?) winning the lottery, and I didn't volunteer any information, at least not (how he did it, when he entered, why I didn't tell you,, etc etc). Thus you can see Jang how circumstances would determine best sentence construction

Creating his own beautiful designs(,) one feels accomplishment knowing his patterns unique.

Mary's parents disapproved her attendance at (in) the (that) (this) company conference so far from home.

I'm very surprised at his refusal of a vice-presidential post at the (that, this, a, etc) newly-formed (new) corporation since (he had just shot his wife….he hates having to supervise others….etc)

Witness testimony was crucial in proving (to proof) (that) the defendant had been nowhere near the scene of the crime.

Forgive me Jang if I don't provide reasons, as yardwork calls. However I'd be glad to respond to a q about any specific instance
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 03:32 pm
@jangsunny1030,
What do you mean by "broken" sentences?

Do you mean 'grammatically correct'?
jangsunny1030

Reply Sat 9 Mar, 2013 03:50 pm
@PUNKEY,
Yes grammatically Smile
0 Replies