Native American stipends

quig30

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 09:32 pm
I've been searching the web for a good two hours looking for the answer to this with no luck, so hopefully somebody out there can steer me in the right direction.

I was wondering what law, resolution, document, etc appropriated government funds to pay monthly stipends for Native Americans and when it was enacted. Basically, I'm just looking for what specifically entitles American indians to a monthly allowance.

Thanks for the help, it's greatly appreciated!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 6,623 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 05:53 am
quig30 - Welcome to A2K! Very Happy

Found a list of links to Federal acts that concern Native Americans. There are a couple that are related to allotments. Take a look, and see if there is something relevent to your question!

http://www.thecre.com/fedlaw/legal22x.htm
0 Replies

Sagatiaej

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 11:43 am
We don't get any money. That's a lie. You want money do what the rest of us Natives to.. Go to work and still be hungry and cold. Ignorant lies... When was the last time you met a Ritchie Native? And you won't and if you do he's probably not living on a Rez cuz he stole money from the tribe from oh say the youth department is one,.. People steal money when they can't feed their families. We get ZERO money.
Sagatiaej

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 11:51 am
Here's an idea. If you think Natives have so much money. Pretend you are one. Go online and try to find money for natives. You won't find any. Do you think we just get a magical check in the mail? We don't. We get food stamps like you and it depends on how much we make at work. We get main care. Most colleges won't honor any waiver and they take FASFA first. If FASFA covers the tuition, the schools won't use the waiver any more. So we don't even get help with education. We don't get a monthly check or a yearly check. Just like you if we don't go to work we sleep out side. I have been homeless three times in my life. Not because I wouldn't work. Because I owned a cleaning business that fell through when the economy fell. If I live in Canada, I am not legally allowed to own a business with out special permission from the government which they won't give us. What you are seeing is a rumor that has been spread by racist propaganda to get non-natives to be angry and unsupportive of us by making them think that we have it easier than you when the opposite is true. Please come to the reservations if you think we have money. You will quickly see the sick reality of kids dying of pulmonary disease because of black mold, leaky roofs, buildings with aespestos and lead pipes. You will see homeless people squatting in condemned buildings trying not to freeze in the winter. Still want to be an Indian?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 12 Jan, 2013 03:58 pm
@Sagatiaej,
I suppose there is some confusion between federal monies and tribal allotments. Enrolled members of the Osage tribe used to do rather well on oil royalties, and probably still do. So good, in fact, that there used to be a hot market in Osage headrights, and even partial headrights. They could even be sold to non Osage members, though I suspect this has been corrected.
BrownBear

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 12:52 pm
@Sagatiaej,
Right on Bro. How about instead of that mythical stipend from the govt., all you Trump supporters figure out the current market value of all the land your ancestors stole from our ancestors, including improvements and our loss of use for over 200 years and divide it by the total number of indigenous people living in the U.S. After you get Trump to collect that money, send us a big, fat stipend check and we'll call it even.
camlok

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 07:14 pm
@roger,
Quote:
Enrolled members of the Osage tribe used to do rather well on oil royalties, and probably still do.

Imagine that, royalties from their own land. It doesn't change things in any way, shape or form.

The US was born of genocide. It was continued in many Central and South American countries, SE Asians countries, Hawaii, ... .
roger

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 08:55 pm
@camlok,
Most owners of land and mineral rights in oil country do get royalties from their own land. What's your point.
camlok

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 10:04 pm
@roger,
The point, which you know full well, is that,

Quote:

“We’re at War!” — And We Have Been Since 1776: 214 Years of American War-Making

The U.S. was born out of ethnic cleansing, a violent process that had started long before 1776 and would not be complete until 1900. In other words, more than half of America’s existence (about 53%) has been marked by the active process of ethnic cleansing of the indigenous population, which was ultimately all but destroyed.

If the Islamophobes insist that the Armenian Genocide, which took place in the span of eight years, defines the Ottoman Empire (which existed for over 600 years, meaning the Armenian Genocide lasted only 1% of its existence), then would they be consistent and use this logic to argue that the ethnic cleansing of the American Indians (which spanned more than a century and a quarter, or 53% of America’s existence) defines the United States?

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/12/we-re-at-war-and-we-have-been-since-1776/
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Wed 8 Mar, 2017 11:49 pm
@BrownBear,
BrownBear wrote:

Right on Bro. How about instead of that mythical stipend from the govt., all you Trump supporters figure out the current market value of all the land your ancestors stole from our ancestors, including improvements and our loss of use for over 200 years and divide it by the total number of indigenous people living in the U.S. After you get Trump to collect that money, send us a big, fat stipend check and we'll call it even.

That's not how wars work. The white man was victorious and to this day enjoys the spoils of that victory.
camlok

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 06:01 am
@McGentrix,
What part of "The U.S. was born out of ethnic cleansing, a violent process that had started long before 1776 ..." did you miss, McGentrix?

And now another American Holocaust is being perpetrated against the new boogeyman, the "Mooslims".

You should read the pages of loonwatch. Link was in the post you missed, big time.
0 Replies

camlok

Reply Thu 9 Mar, 2017 06:02 am
@McGentrix,
Quote:
That's not how wars work.

That wasn't a war. That was/is a Nuremberg Trial.
0 Replies