WHINES AND THE WHINING WHINERS WHO WHINE THEM

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:14 pm
I'll bet I can guess who sent the nasty PM. He's on Abuzz.com too and doesn't hold back over there at all.

Republicans think they have clever tactics to smear the opposition into a state of powerlessness. They don't of course, but they think they do. They are going to unleash a hell of a lot of violence eventually, because they really aren't superior, and Americans will get fed up with all the nonsense eventually.

If it walks like a Nazi, and talks like a Nazi, and acts like a Nazi, and denounces like a Nazi, and is prejudiced like a Nazi, well, the odds are that it IS a Nazi...even if it insists it is a republican.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:14 pm
McGentrix wrote:
It's interesting to see who is doing the whining here...

LOL McGentrix! Nobody's whining here. We're just stating the obvious about the conservative way of thinking. If you can't stand the heat. McG......you better get out of the kitchen. :wink:
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:19 pm
doglover wrote:
hobitbob wrote:
Conservative logic:
Sex bad, killing wonderful!

Conservative logic:
Illegal drugs unacceptable, prescription pain killers taken en masse by Rushbo acceptable.

Are you keeping track of the fact that even the ACLU is trying hard to keep Rush's medical records private as the government tries to build a case against him?

Quote:
Conservative logic:
Capitol punishment right, abortion wrong.

someone proven to be guilty of a crime versus a baby who hasn't had the chance to live, much less commit a crime against a fellow human. Are you really making this comparison?

Quote:
Conservative logic:
blowjobs by a president immoral, illegal invasion of another country moral.

Getting caught in a public lie about getting a BJ vs. a legal invasion that will better millions of lives...yeah. I think the moaral is about right there.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:20 pm
Umbagog, are you familiar with Godwin?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:34 pm
Are you keeping track of the fact that even the ACLU is trying hard to keep Rush's medical records private as the government tries to build a case against him?

Hey, I can't expect the ACLU to be right all the time, now can I. :wink:

Someone proven to be guilty of a crime versus a baby who hasn't had the chance to live, much less commit a crime against a fellow human. Are you really making this comparison?

All too often in this country, innocent men and women have been found guilty and sentenced to death. Thanks to DNA testing, many of those falsely imprisoned have been released before it was too late. IMHO, the wrongful killing of even one innocent person by the state is one too many. When the state takes a mans life he cannot give it back to him. I don't consider a fetus a baby in the first trimester of pregnancy, therefore, I have no problem with termination. God induced miscarriages happen quite often in the first trimester.

Getting caught in a public lie about getting a BJ vs. a legal invasion that will better millions of lives...yeah. I think the moaral is about right there.

You meant to say an invasion predicated on lies that resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent men women and children didn't you McG? How about the surviving family members of those who were killed. Do you think they're better off? How about the orphans that were created because of this so called 'war on terrorism'? Are they better off? I think your morals are screwed up McG.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:46 pm
Here in Texas one group of idiots I know has defended themselves from my liberal views by telling me "We're Texans." My reply: "I'm not? I was born near San Angelo, ya know." Their comback: "You spent some time in California." Sheer logic.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:53 pm
Sunspot is the message board for the Baltimore Sun. I also stumbled across it via a Google search. Luckily, I have never been banned. But I already find this board more tolerable in that even those who represent the conservative view manage to do so with friendly discourse.

LOL perhaps I'm too new to know the real score, but an example is McGentrix. Who responded to the statements, not the poster. On SS, you may have one poster respond to the statements, while everyone else piles on and vilifies [doglover] with you're stupid, you're evil, you're a freako commie liberal, you're a blah blah blah.

It's like a freaking kindergarten playground. With just a few folks who never let go of the schoolyard bully persona and make it difficult for anyone else to have legitimate discussion.

I do, however, agree with the oddly hypocritical and often ignorant reactions on both sides. Not every Democrat is a freako commie and not every Republican is a lunatic right winger.

btw, hummer vs war? You've got to be kidding me. The founding fathers weren't concerned with fidelity when they wrote the Constitution, nor should we be concerned with it now. Out of 43 President's, I'd say more than 30 were unfaithful to their wife, either before or during office. BFD. George Washington died of syphillis and he didn't get it from good ole Martha. High crimes and misdemeanors didn't equate to sidebar poontang.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:59 pm
buffytheslayer wrote:
LOL perhaps I'm too new to know the real score, but an example is McGentrix. Who responded to the statements, not the poster. On SS, you may have one poster respond to the statements, while everyone else piles on and vilifies [doglover] with you're stupid, you're evil, you're a freako commie liberal, you're a blah blah blah..

The typical response on SS of a republican is - But Clinton.......fill in the blank. It's refreshing to actually see debates!
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:05 pm
doglover wrote:

Hey, I can't expect the ACLU to be right all the time, now can I. :wink:

Someone proven to be guilty of a crime versus a baby who hasn't had the chance to live, much less commit a crime against a fellow human. Are you really making this comparison?

All too often in this country, innocent men and women have been found guilty and sentenced to death. Thanks to DNA testing, many of those falsely imprisoned have been released before it was too late. IMHO, the wrongful killing of even one innocent person by the state is one too many. When the state takes a mans life he cannot give it back to him. I don't consider a fetus a baby in the first trimester of pregnancy, therefore, I have no problem with termination. God induced miscarriages happen quite often in the first trimester.

You meant to say an invasion predicated on lies that resulted in the deaths of thousands of innocent men women and children didn't you McG? How about the surviving family members of those who were killed. Do you think they're better off? How about the orphans that were created because of this so called 'war on terrorism'? Are they better off? I think your morals are screwed up McG.

No, I meant to say that it was a legal invasion that has bettered the lives of millions of Iraqi's. It was an invasion based on 12 years of dodging UN resolutions, 12 years of killing millions of Iraqi's, 12 years of avoiding weapons inspectors, and 12 years of supporting various terrorist organizations. As sad as it is, yes, the orphans will have a better life and future now. They will have thr opportunity to live in a free country where they can express their own ideas, religion, and belief. They are even free to protest the American presence in Iraq.

If you want to only look at the negatives of everything that Bush does or has done, feel free. It's a blindness the left is used to.

If you can't tell the difference between capitol punishment and abortion, well, nothing I say will be able to help you.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:
No, I meant to say that it was a legal invasion that has bettered the lives of millions of Iraqi's. It was an invasion based on 12 years of dodging UN resolutions, 12 years of killing millions of Iraqi's, 12 years of avoiding weapons inspectors, and 12 years of supporting various terrorist organizations. As sad as it is, yes, the orphans will have a better life and future now. They will have thr opportunity to live in a free country where they can express their own ideas, religion, and belief. They are even free to protest the American presence in Iraq.

How did you decide this was "legal"?

At the rate we are killing Iraqi citizens, in 12 years we will have killed millions too.

I'm sorry, I don't share your beliefs about the future. Any "democracy" will have to be approved by the US, regardless of what the Iraqi people would vote on. The US occupation isn't democracy or freedom either.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:

What "millions" of Iraqis died at the hands of Saddam between 1990 and 2003? Except the ones that died fighting us in Iraq War I? And that wasn't millions, since most of them surrendered like the big chickens they were. LOL Saddam an imminent threat. Iraq couldn't even beat Iran during their 8 year war - and that was with US help, with US money, with US intelligence. And where did they find Saddam? Not fighting back like his crazy looney sons. In a squalor hole eating cans of tuna with lice in his beard. Oohh, I'm afraid! Also, keep in mind that Iraq only has a population of about 24 million to begin with. What terrorist organizations has Iraq been supporting from 1990 to 2003? It has been 3 1/2 years since 911 and not one credible link has been established between al Qaeda and Iraq. And I distinctly recall inspectors being allowed into Iraq countless times between 1990 and 2003. It was a constant battle, but Yes they were occasionally allowed in. And since there have been ZERO WMD found thus far, it seems our sanctions worked after all. In addition, the media has well covered the ongoing struggle with the interim Iraqi Constitution. The Shi'ites continue to push for a Theocracy, with a much greater influence of Islamic law. There was a walkout just days before it was signed over brou ha ha of Sha'ria law - which basically returns them to the stone age as far as civil rights and women's rights. Civil war is just around the corner. Saddam already ran a secular nation. The only difference between now and then is that the Shi'ites are killing Sunnis, instead of the other way around. Was Saddam a bad guy? Yes. Did we have to invade to oust him? No. And was that even remotely near the top of our list of "real" reasons to invade? Hardly.

OIL OIL OIL ... and we're still being price gouged.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:38 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Saddam did let the weapons inspectors do their thing and he told them time and time again that he had no WMD. As for Saddam supporting various terrorists organizations, I don't think so. Saddam used his money to build lavish palaces and provide lavish lifestyles for himself and his two sons. Oh, and BTW ~ wasn't Rumsfeld giving Saddam arms back in 1982 when he was our buddy?
If you want to only look at the negatives of everything that Bush does or has done, feel free. It's a blindness the left is used to.
McG believe me when I say it is with regret that I have to point out the negatives of the Bush presidency. I voted for him in 2000 and supported him when he began the true war against terrorism in Afhganastan. I supported Bush until he lost sight of what the war on terrorism was all about.
If you can't tell the difference between capitol punishment and abortion, well, nothing I say will be able to help you.

I wasn't aware that I needed help. Laughing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:45 pm
There is ample evidence of Saddam supporting terrorism, the only time the inspectors were given any actual access was in the days just prior to the US invasion, and in 1982, communism was a much greater threat then Islamic fundamentalism.

Mass graves in Iraq that have been found so far have uncovered 500-600 thousand bodies, but estimates are well over a million have been slaughtered by Saddam.

I am disappointed by the lack of vision being demonstrated here...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:55 pm
McGentrix wrote:

Mass graves in Iraq that have been found so far have uncovered 500-600 thousand bodies, but estimates are well over a million have been slaughtered by Saddam.

I am disappointed by the lack of vision being demonstrated here...

I agree that Saddam was a bad guy McG and he treated his people horribly no question about that. But there are a dozen other terrible dictators in the world who kill their people just like Saddam did. Where is the outrage against the leaders of those countries? Doesn't Bush care about those poor innocent people being slaughtered? Why does he just care about the people of Iraq? Do you think it's because Iraq sits on so much oil? Or maybe because of Iraq's close proximity to Isreal?

I don't see a lack of vision here MrG. I see pragmatism.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:59 pm
Are you suggesting that our foriegn policy should be the same for each and every country?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:14 am
McGentrix wrote:
Are you suggesting that our foriegn policy should be the same for each and every country?

I think our foriegn policy should be consistant.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:24 am
McGentrix wrote:
Mass graves in Iraq that have been found so far have uncovered 500-600 thousand bodies, but estimates are well over a million have been slaughtered by Saddam. I am disappointed by the lack of vision being demonstrated here...

And I am disappointed in the lack of facts being presented here. The mass graves they found did not contain 500-600 thousand. And they mostly contained the dead soldiers who lost their lives fighting an 8 year war with Iran, or the soldiers who died fighting their internal civil war against the Kurds. p.s. Arlington Cemetery is a mass grave, too.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 12:29 am
Camille
Camille, a late welcome to you to Able2Know; glad to have your fresh perspective here.

BumbleBeeBoogie
0 Replies