WHINES AND THE WHINING WHINERS WHO WHINE THEM

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:07 pm
A fair and balanced look at right-wingnuts:

Why is it that when one criticizes the Shrub and his Forty Thieves, the right whiners start whining about Slick Willie's sex life?

Why do the right-whiners assume that anyone criticizing the Shrub is automatically a cheerleader for Slick Willie?

What is the origin of the illogical assumption that right-whiners make to the effect that a criticism of the Shrub has been cleverly refuted by a reference to Slick Willie?

Why are right-whiners so fearful of and disgusted by blow jobs?

Just wondering if anyone out there can enlighten me on the penchant the right has for whining about someone is no longer President, and can never again be President. Mostly though, i'm mystified as to why the right whiners think such comments are relevant to the crimes of the current regime.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,816 • Replies: 37
No top replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:32 pm
Hi, I represent Clear Channel, and I am fining you millions of dollars personally for anti-Dubya statements. As for Clinton, well, he's the best thing we have going for us right now in terms of our political position. Uh oh, did I say 'position'? I hope I'm not fired as well. As for blow-jobs, umm, (clearing throat) just because the FCC spends an inordinate amount of time in Vegas does NOT mean we are pervs like Clinton. We swear on the bible of Bush that it was just business.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
Yeah, sure, sure . . .

I got videotape, Bubba . . .
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:08 pm
I swear oxy-cotton is just a cleaning product I bought off the shopping channel...
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:33 pm
Whines
Just wonderin' if white whine or red whine is preferred by the crowd here?

Although I am a bit of a pinko, I like white whine better. :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:38 pm
Re: Whines
pistoff wrote:
Just wonderin' if white whine or red whine is preferred by the crowd here?

Although I am a bit of a pinko, I like white whine better. :wink:

gee, as a pinko I thought you'd preder a good rose? Smile
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:45 pm
Shows
Shows to go ya that ya never can tell 'bout pinkos. They are a weird bunch. Very Happy

btw I got banned from SS. Big surprise, eh? Shocked
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:47 pm
Yup. Definite righty bias there. However, notice how many of the SS crowd has come over here? Very Happy
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:24 pm
What is SS?
0 Replies

Heywood

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:25 pm
Man, you don't know the half of it.

Clinton completely owns the right. Its hilarious. He's the best thing that's ever happened to them.

I remember working with a bunch of conservatives, and when it came out that Bush lied about the Uranium and Iraq, I brought it up to get their opinon. The FIRST WORDS out of their mouth were:

"I did not...have...sexual...relations with that woman, Miss Lewinski!"

For a second I had to think there. Hmmm... is a lie about sex worse than a lie to help start a war?

Then I did a little research and realized that plenty of former presidents cheated on their wives (Washington, Kennedy, Jackson, etc). By the way, don't get me wrong. Adultury is bad, but I was looking to see if it was such a big deal because it happens so rarely...turns out its not so rare).

Basically they were just bitter, angry conservatives. From that point on, I put up political cartoons poking fun at the president in my cubicle. Every time someone started talking crap about racial issues or how bad everyone but the republicans were, I'd jump in and kill their argument, making them look like the idiots they were.

It drove them nuts, and someone keyed my car because of it. But seeing the seething anger on their faces when they passed me by, and hearing them hold back from political discussion when I was around from that point on was totally worth it.
Losers. Laughing
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:42 pm
dlowan wrote:
What is SS?

ditto?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:46 pm
Sunspot: The Baltimore Sun's chat forum. Home to name calling, evilness, and death threats. I nailed from there last summer. It looks like the reasonable people are slowly finding this place like I did. Very Happy
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:50 pm
SS
Sunspot Board.

I was looking around for political boards to read and post on & that was one out of about 8 I tried. Mostly a real low IQ bunch there. Some BBs such as FreeRepublic have RW/Neocon barbarians with IQ below room temp.

This is the best BB that I have found so far. A good mix of political views and most people here are above average in IQ.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:54 pm
agree.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:55 pm
Conservatives make the assumption that because they are lying, cheating weasels, everyone else is too. That's why they were so sure they would find some financial hunky-punky in Whitewater. They were so sure because they steal, swipe, cadge, double book, hoodwink and prevaricate, the Clintons would too and they nearly got apoplectic when special prosecutor after special prosecutor kept coming up dry.

"How much do we have to pay these guys to get him?" Richard Scaife might have mused into his shaving mirror.

The sad thing is when someone like my brother starts talking about the Clinton scandals and I ask him how many actually turned out to be true, he stammers to a stop. That's right I say. Hundreds of accusations and lies and they found a lie about a blow job.

Some would say not fair and balanced.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:57 pm
Conservative logic:
Sex bad, killing wonderful!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:38 pm
I think that there is something almost pathological about the way that many on the right, and, truth to tell, some on the left, personally identify with their political icons. So many of these people (of whatever persuasion) take personal offense when you smear their idolized political figures (even though the smear may only be in their minds). It seems that in many cases, the individual involved really believes that "you started it" is an appropriate response to someone replying to name-calling in like kind. This is because they took a very personal afront to any slur against, or even any criticism of (being taken as a slur) the political figures whom they admire. In the days when i didn't trust Slick Willie enough to vote for him, and said as much, people of a leftist view would sometimes take umbrage, as though i'd maligned their sainted mithers--begorah ! ! ! However, i do have to say that slamming the Shrub draws an irate response far more often.

There are, of course, those simply enjoy the pissing contest, we have all encountered them. They will edge as close to the TOS as possible, without actually transgressing, in the hope that you will over-react--and saddly, i sometimes have. There is one very conservative type here, who, when i made a sarcastic comment about a remark he had made expressing admiration for the scum of the earth, went positively postal. I received a PM which i ought to have known not to open, from the wisps of smoke which were emanating from my screen at the top, at which it read: "You have 1 new PM . . . boy, do you have a PM." The person in question expressed admiration for Heydrich and Eichman--and then went off like a firecracker, saying that "you liberals are always calling conservatives nazis." I had of course, done no such thing. There are such hot buttons, and you will see conservatives ready to pounce on anything which they claim is an accusation of "nazihood" toward them or one of their idols; liberals will go off if a remark seems to them to be crypto-racism, or -sexism, such a condemning welfare recipients, or appearing to have stereotyped roles.

In all honesty, this kind of behavior can be seen among any of the more emotional of those with strong partisan opinions. It also seems that the more level-headed and thick-skinned such an individual appears to be, the bigger the blow-up when someone finally pushes their particular button.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:54 pm
All these comments remind me a John Lennon song about working class heroes with a line that goes like something like this: "if you want to be like the folks on the hill first you must learn to smile as you kill."

While I am not surrounded by anyone in cubicles, all my in-laws are staunch republicans. I got to admit that I am not that brave in talking about politics. In fact I had to bite my tongue when we held a birthday party at my house for my granddaughter and my sister-in-law had her little boy say "bring it on" with his fist up like he was going to fight. She knows how I feel, I imagine my husband has told them. I caught her looking over at me and then she encouraged her son to do it again.

I later thought about that statement that Bush made and then I thought about all the deaths of Iraqi's, civilians from other parts of the world and the coalition forces. Well, I guess he got what he asked for. Every time I hear someone say, "if they are fighting over there they are not fighting here." I get literally sick and sad with that attitude.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 09:48 pm
It's interesting to see who is doing the whining here...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:05 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Conservative logic:
Sex bad, killing wonderful!

Conservative logic:
Illegal drugs unacceptable, prescription pain killers taken en masse by Rushbo acceptable.

Conservative logic:
Capitol punishment right, abortion wrong.

Conservative logic:
blowjobs by a president immoral, illegal invasion of another country and the slaughter of it's citizens moral.
0 Replies