Who Really Cares About the Palestinians?

Advocate

Reply Tue 5 Mar, 2013 12:32 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

There's a difference between the deliberate use of perjorative language and an accepted term. The terms Pole and Saudi are perfectly acceptable, as is the term Brit for that matter, because there is no racist undertone. Pal, Paki and Polack are all offensive, and people that use those terms do so deliberately to cause offence. The one exception being GW Bush who used it because he was stupid. A more subtle type of racism is displays by Foofie who deliberately uses the spelling Palestinean, similarly to the way Churchill mispronounced Nazi, in order to cause annoyance.

Advocate is a racist bigot, when Gungasnake posted remarks about stripping the Palestinians naked and forcing them to march at gunpoint, Advocate stayed silent. Compare that to the reactions of those who sympathise with the Palestinians regarding Krumple's vile holocaust denial. Immediately Krumple was taken to task, particularly as she used Palestine as an excuse for her bigotry.

Advocate is only different from Oralboy in terms of presentation, his response, as you've noted, is to ignore all evidence of Palestinians being mistreated and to peddle half truths and disinformation as well as downright lies.

It's a sorry state of affairs when the most reasonable voice speaking out in favour of Israel is Foofie, with his casual racism and simplistic use of stereotypes.

If Izzy deems certain terms offensive then it must be so. End of discussion.

Actually, he is full of ****, as usual.
0 Replies

ABE5177

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 09:31 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

ABE5177 wrote:

Quote:
The Gatekeepers: In New Film, Ex-Shin Bet Chiefs Denounce Occupation, Compare Israel to Nazi Germany

http://www.democracynow.org/2013/1/29/the_gatekeepers_in_new_film_ex
start a collesction send advie to see moves

Please start the fund. All financial assistance would be gratefully accepted.

you broke? send dall your $%$$$$$$ to israel?
Advocate

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 04:27 pm
@ABE5177,
Unlike in the Muslim countries, there is free speech in Israel. The author is just one person with one opinion.

There are many more people in Israel who, properly, wildly disagree with his opinion.
JTT

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 07:34 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
What we have condemned is the "indiscriminate killing of civilians".

How come the US isn't so good at condemning when they are the ones doing the "indiscriminate killing of civilians", Max?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 19 Mar, 2013 07:47 pm
@ABE5177,
You missed this in Advocate's posting, Abe.

Quote:
Did you know that the USA killed over three million in Nam?
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 03:40 am
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

Unlike in the Muslim countries, there is free speech in Israel. The author is just one person with one opinion.

Another sweeping statement which avoids looking at any 'Muslim country' in any detail. This is no different from your assertion that all Moslem countries base their legal system on shariah law. Big on prejudice, and completely devoid of any facts.

The Qatari Al-Jazeera is one of the finest news organisations in the world, and if freedom of speech were so important to you, you might like to consider why Al-Jazeera is only available in a few regions in America.

Quote:
Al Jazeera English is unavailable to cable viewers in the US, with the exception of those in Toledo, Ohio; Burlington, Vermont; New York City(WRNN rebroadcast), Washington State and Washington, D.C

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera#Availability
Advocate

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:16 pm
@izzythepush,
You will do anything to push your arguments. I NEVER said that every Arab country has Sharia law.
JTT

Reply Wed 20 Mar, 2013 10:20 pm
@Advocate,
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/video/2013/mar/17/my-neighbourhood-palestinian-israeli-video

My Neighbourhood (directed by Julia Bacha and Rebekah Wingert-Jabi) tells the story of Mohammed El Kurd, a Palestinian teenager growing up in the heart of East Jerusalem. When Mohammed's family is forced to give up a part of their home to Israeli settlers, local residents begin peaceful protests, and in a surprising turn, are quickly joined by scores of Israeli supporters. Mohammed comes of age in the face of unrelenting tension with his neighbours and unexpected co-operation with Israeli allies in his backyard. My Neighbourhood is latest short film by Just Vision, an organisation that uses film and media to increase the power and legitimacy of Palestinians and Israelis working to end the occupation and resolve the conflict nonviolently. Learn more about Just Vision at www.justvision.org
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 02:33 am
@Advocate,
No, what you said was broader than that, you talked about Moslem, not Arab, countries. You said all their legal systems werebased on Shariah Law, not that they all had it.

You do like making sweeping statements about Moslems though, which are heavy on prejudice and light on facts.
Advocate

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 01:55 pm
@izzythepush,
You are a big liar. I never said those things.
JTT

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 05:54 pm
@Advocate,
Did you watch the short movie, My Neighbourhood, Advocate?
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Thu 21 Mar, 2013 06:40 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Unlike in the Muslim countries, there is free speech in Israel.

It is not exactly true there is free speech in Israel.

Quote:
The law states that individuals or organizations who publicize a call for an economic, cultural or academic boycott against a person or entity merely because of its affiliation to the State of Israel and/or to an Israeli institute and/or to a specific region under Israeli control, may be sued civilly, in tort, by a party claiming that it might be damaged by such a boycott.[2][3][4][5] The law also allows Israeli authorities to deny benefits from individuals or organizations - such as tax exemptions or participation in government contracts - if they have publicized a call to boycott and/or if they have obligated to participate in a boycott. The law is in force from 13 July 2011 except for section 4 (withdrawing state benefits) which will take effect on 11 October 2011.[2]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_for_Prevention_of_Damage_to_State_of_Israel_through_Boycott
Advocate

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:28 pm
@maxdancona,
The USA has similar laws under which a person can be sued for tort damages for say, libel. However, there is no censorship that can stop the person from making his statement, which might later be proven libelous. This doesn't detract from the belief that we have free speech.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 02:49 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

You are a big liar. I never said those things.

Yes you did.

Quote:
Importantly, the Muslim countries have incorporated the Muslim scriptures into their bodies of law.
http://able2know.org/topic/208154-12#post-5262716
Advocate

Reply Fri 22 Mar, 2013 05:59 pm
@izzythepush,
I never said ALL Muslim countries have incorporated Muslim scriptures. Moreover, I NEVER said that Muslim countries incorporated ALL Muslim scriptures.

The fact is that you are a major liar.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 04:39 am
@Advocate,
You made a very sweeping statement about Moslem countries, you didn't make any exceptions.

You are dishonest, you deliberately leave things vague so you can pretend you meant something else. You didn't say all Moslem countries, because you didn't need to, the implication was clearly there.

Like everything you write about Moslems, it's light on facts/detail, heavy on prejudice.
Advocate

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:06 pm
@izzythepush,
Intelligent people, to ease discussion, speak in generalities. Less intelligent people like yourself are literalists.

If I thought every Muslim country had sharia law, I would say this. I have no idea as to what countries use it.

BTW, only children and retards are literalists.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:26 pm
@Advocate,
The phrase Muslim countries does not suggest anything other than all Moslem counties, in the same way the phrase 'cats hate water' suggests all cats, not some cats, a few cats or just one cat. Or even a theoretical cat based on the ideological stance of religious fundamentalists.

You've not struck me as particularly intelligent, although you are very sneaky, an intelligent person would have some basic understanding of how language works.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:44 pm
@Advocate,
Bullshit Advocate.

The US has no such law. It would be unconstitutional since the US first amendment protects free speech. The Israeli law goes far beyond libel (since support for a boycott has nothing to do with libel).

The US also has no anti-blasphemy laws (which Israel does have). And of course the US doesn't occupy territory of people who aren't given US citizenship rights.

0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 23 Mar, 2013 12:45 pm
@Advocate,
Quote:
Izzy: Like everything you write about Moslems, it's light on facts/detail, heavy on prejudice.

Quote:
If I thought every Muslim country had sharia law, I would say this. I have no idea as to what countries use it.

0 Replies