health problem 3+ years please help

Mon 25 Feb, 2013 05:57 am
hi everyone,

i have horrible mucus or stomach acid every day. generally not much or none at all at first, but soon as I eat any food or drink, it flares up. I cough it up, its also in my nose. Feels like a wet cough, but I don't believe its in my lungs. i do smoke 4-6 cigarettes/day, but my doctor said my lungs are fine. the mucus/acid is usually clear I've seen many ENTs, they don't know what it is. I even got NAET treatments, but nothing. I thought it was allergy based, but now I am suspicious it is acid reflux. I've tried so many things- candida diet (thought it could be that), nettipot, bromelain, various other natural remedies. I do find some relief from kombucha- which makes me think this could be stomach acid related.

A few things about me:
23 yr old male
I make juice every morning from some or all of the following: carrots, oranges, asparagus, kale, ginger, lemon, celery.
I drink coffee (1-2 cups per day) and am often a slow sipper, constantly working on a cup throughout the day. Drink with almond milk.
Drink 1-2 beers every night or every other night
I tried cutting dairy and sugar to see if symptoms would clear. Can't really tell if its helped or not.
exercise 3-4 times per week

Any solutions? Anyone experienced this? It's very unpleasant, and I feel stuck. Especially since I'm still pretty young, and feel so crummy. I'm anti-pharmacuedicals because of many bad experiences in the past, and also because I feel Western medicine often doesn't actually cure the underlying causes, just alleviates the symptoms.

Thank you for your help- I really hope you can help me find a solution!
You can also email me here if you like: [email protected]

Best,

Sean
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,243 • Replies: 3
Topic Closed
No top replies

Butrflynet

Mon 25 Feb, 2013 11:50 am
@thewormskull,
Stop smoking.
0 Replies

Ragman

Mon 25 Feb, 2013 12:26 pm
@thewormskull,
Stop smoking and stop drinking coffee. If you try it long enough, (let's say for a few weeks), I'll bet you that this cough and the reflux will improve. Also if you are taking meds, you may need a better reflux medication.

Having acid reflux can give you a cough. Judging from your own words, it sounds like your esophagus is being irritated.

BTW, alcohol also can and does make reflux worse. Why on earth are you making healthy fresh veggie juice but continuing to drink quantities of alcohol?

However, if you're making fresh veggie juice, remove oranges from the mix..as they're far too acidic for you (or me - a fellow rflux sufferer). Furthermore, stay away from chocolate, spaghetti sauce or tomatoes or green peppers, too. My guess is that one of these ENT, should have diagnosed you as having Acid Reflux. If they did, they'd have given you a diet to follow (as I was given).

What does your doctor say about all that? You wrote that you're seeing an ENT expert. Are you trying to outsmart your docs? Are you being too impatient? Are you doctor shopping? Something isn't adding up here.
0 Replies

amygarside

Tue 26 Feb, 2013 06:19 am
@thewormskull,
Your condition is interesting. But you need to stop smoking.
0 Replies