8
   

The GOP keeps asking, where's Obama's sequestration plan?

 
 
Reply Fri 22 Feb, 2013 09:13 pm
It's here, http://mediamatters.org/research/2013/02/22/conservative-media-ignore-obamas-sequester-plan/192778

 
Advocate
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 04:17 pm
It is hard to believe that the GOP will get away with their acceptance of sequester. I think it will be a disaster for the country.

Members of the GOP feel that they will not be hurt politically because they can pin the blame for sequester on Obama. Also, hey think that the massive gerrymandering will keep them safe.

Does anyone agree?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 04:23 pm
@Advocate,
Probably. Even though the GOP keep asking Obama for his sequestration plans to cut expenses, the GOP ignores it, and blames Obama for providing NO PLAN on sequestration.

Most Americans are stupid, because they never do their homework to find out the truth.

Obama's sequestration plan is on the internet; they just need to type "Obama's sequestration plan."

Too fuc.... lazy and dumb.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  -1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 04:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Nonsense and lies. Neither the President nor any Democrat legislators have as yet submitted any of the legisdlative actions required to execute all the items on these lists.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 04:26 pm
@georgeob1,
The plan must start with recommendations from the President that the congress can work on.

Your knowledge about how legislation is approved is lacking.

All legislative powers are enured to congress, not the president.
H2O MAN
 
  -3  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 05:32 pm
@Advocate,
Advocate wrote:

It is hard to believe that the GOP will get away with their acceptance of sequester. I think it will be a disaster for the country.

Members of the GOP feel that they will not be hurt politically because they can pin the blame for sequester on Obama. Also, hey think that the massive gerrymandering will keep them safe.

Does anyone agree?


I don't agree
georgeob1
 
  0  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 07:45 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

The plan must start with recommendations from the President that the congress can work on.

Your knowledge about how legislation is approved is lacking.

All legislative powers are enured to congress, not the president.


You don't know what you don't know and your reading comprehension isn't anything to brag about either.

Read what I wrote. Nehither the president nor any Democrat legislator has as yet proposed any specific legislation to implement any of the items you listed. The Democrats control the Senate and they haven't passed a budget in three years.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:12 pm
@georgeob1,
I wrote,
Quote:

All legislative powers are enured to congress, not the president.


That's a fact, no matter what you claim.

From MediaMatters,
Quote:

Politico
Conservative Media Ignore Obama's Sequester Plan
georgeob1
 
  0  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:24 pm
@cicerone imposter,
I never claimed otherwise. However I find it odd that;
1. The Senate is the upper house of our legislature and it has not either introduced or acted on any of the supposed initiatives you listed as part of the president's plan. Worse, it hasn't approved a budget for our government for the past three years,
2. The President has delivered no specific proposals for the enactment of such legislation to the Congress.
3. None of these cost savings measures were contained in the last budget proposal the President submitted to the Congress.

I think you should consider the possibility that you are full of ****.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:34 pm
@georgeob1,
How did the government operate without any budget for the past three years that the congress must approve before any spending is authorized?

What's wrong with this picture?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:38 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
The President’s Budget Proposal Goes to Congress

The President’s Budget Proposal informs Congress of the White House’s vision for the three basic elements of U.S. fiscal policy: (1) how much money the government should spend on public needs and programs; (2) how much money the government should take in through taxes and other sources of revenue; and (3) how large a deficit or surplus will result -- simply the difference between money spent and money taken in.

Congress Begins its Work on the Budget

With much and often heated debate, Congress hacks away at the president’s Budget Proposal to come up with its own version, known as the Budget Resolution. Like any other piece of legislation, the House and Senate versions of the Budget Resolution must match.

As a critical part of the budget process, the congressional Budget Resolution sets spending limits on discretionary government programs for the next 5 years.

Congress Creates the Annual Spending Bills

The meat of the annual federal budget is, in fact, a set of “appropriations,” or spending bills distributing the funds allocated in the Budget Resolution among the various government functions.

Roughly one-third of the spending authorized by any annual federal budget is “discretionary” spending, meaning it is optional, as approved by Congress. The annual spending bills approve discretionary spending. Spending for “entitlement” programs, like Social Security and Medicare is referred to as “mandatory” spending.

A spending bill must be created, debated and passed to fund the programs and operations of each Cabinet-level agency. Per the Constitution, each spending bill must originate in the House. Since the House and Senate versions of each spending bill must be identical, this always become the most time-consuming step in the budget process.

Congress and the President Approve the Spending Bills

Once Congress has passed all of the annual spending bills, the president must sign them into law, and there is no guarantee that will happen. Should the programs or funding levels approved by Congress vary too greatly from those set by the president in his or her Budget Proposal, the president could veto one or all of the spending bills. Vetoed spending bills slow the process greatly.

Final approval of the spending bills by the president signals the end of the annual federal budget process.


The GOP congress will not approve the budget, because they refuse to increase taxes for the rich.
0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  0  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 08:46 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

How did the government operate without any budget for the past three years that the congress must approve before any spending is authorized?

What's wrong with this picture?
Hard to tell what you mean here. Your syntax is rather screwed up. The Republican House of Representatives has passed budgets. It is the Democrat controlled Senate that has rejected them, without proposing any specific alternatives. The Senate has even rejected the often ridiculous budget proposals submitted by the President.
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:01 pm
@georgeob1,
And what exactly might those things be that the Senate refuses to accept?

And how did the government continue to pay their expenses without a budget?
cicerone imposter
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 09:10 pm
@cicerone imposter,
They spend it through "appropriation bills." A budget is not needed. That's the reason why the government continues to operate year-to-year - even for the three years that the democrats in the Senate did not pass a budget.

Like magic! LOL
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

And what exactly might those things be that the Senate refuses to accept?
I don't know what you are referring to here in that I never indicated anything that the Senate ever "refused to accept".

What I did write was that the Democrat Senate never took action to introduce the several elements of the Obama /Democrat government cost reduction/sequestration avoidance plan requiring new legislation that you yourself posted above into law or even legislative debate. The plan you posted remains just a list of stuff the Administration might have done - but under Harry Reid, didn't do.

Your whole attempt to lay this at the feet of the Republican controlled House of Representatives was a lie. Your only excuse is that you don't know what you are writing about.

cicerone imposter wrote:

And how did the government continue to pay their expenses without a budget?
Perhaps you don't know how our gvernment works, or perhaps you just weren't paying attention. It was all done through continuing resolutions and in a few cases specific legislation. However, the legally mandated government planning and budgeting process we have used for over a century, has been a dead letter since Obama took office. The Democrat Senate has even ignored and not even voted on the required draft budgets submitted by the President. Indeed in one or two cases it voted them down.

You are very dismissive of those who disagree with you and very quick to label people who do as stupid or ignorant. However in these matters it is clear that these labels belong to you, not them.
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Sat 23 Feb, 2013 11:15 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

They spend it through "appropriation bills." A budget is not needed. That's the reason why the government continues to operate year-to-year - even for the three years that the democrats in the Senate did not pass a budget.

Like magic! LOL


You really don't know jack **** about how the government works.
Lola
 
  1  
Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:42 am
@georgeob1,
But georgeob, isn't it something about needing 60 votes these days of the ever present "filibuster?"

Just askin
H2O MAN
 
  -1  
Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 07:40 am

Obama owns sequestration

Quote:
And while Woodward’s column will no doubt generate buzz for Republicans, the Pulitzer-winning journalist doesn’t let House Republicans off the hook either.
“A majority of Republicans did vote for the Budget Control Act that summer, which included the sequester. Key Republican staffers said they didn’t even initially know what a sequester was — because the concept stemmed from the budget wars of the 1980s, when they were not in government,” Woodward wrote.

0 Replies
 
georgeob1
 
  1  
Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 11:41 am
@Lola,
Lola wrote:

But georgeob, isn't it something about needing 60 votes these days of the ever present "filibuster?"

Just askin


No. Harry Reed has repeatedly prohibited government budgets, duly passed by the House of Representatives from even coming to the floor of the Senate for a vote. The Democrat Senate has even voted down budgets President Obama has submitted. Worse, it hasen't even passed one for the past three years. None were the subject of fillibuster by Senate Republicans - none, that is zero, nada.
cicerone imposter
 
  0  
Reply Sun 24 Feb, 2013 11:55 am
@georgeob1,
You talk about how our goverment has worked for centuries, but ignore what the GOP congress has had more filibuster than any congress in history. That means nothing gets done.

Here's a CNN Opinion piece about the GOP filibuster.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/21/opinion/zelizer-congress-polarization

Why even bother trying to bring a budget to congress?

You suffer from myopia. My not knowing "jack ****" is better than the GOP record on debt ceilings, filibusters, and not approving the president's choice for Defense Secretary. All new highs from the GOP; the party of NO.
 

Related Topics

 
  1. Forums
  2. » The GOP keeps asking, where's Obama's sequestration plan?
Copyright © 2019 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 07/20/2019 at 12:16:27