Bush's War Exercise: The Backpedal

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 02:45 pm
hobitbob wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
Setanta wrote:
McGentrix wrote:
I do not forsee a time on A2K when conservatives (the vast minority) are not oppressed, insulted, or attacked. As such, I will give what I get. Now, quit whining about it.

It occurs to me that only a jackass would continue to assert that i, or anyone else in this thread, were whining. Since i would never for the life of me consider characterizing you as a jackass, i can only shake my head and wonder. Is this perhaps some form of mental illness? Are you a paranoid that you actually would expect anyone to believe that you could be "oppressed" in cyberspace? All too often, what you describe here as oppression, insults and attacks are simply cases of people insulting your political heros, which leads you to come out with snotty remarks about people who are whining--at which point, you get what you've paid for.

If I had the time or the inclination, I could look up the multitude of conservatives who have logged on to A2K (sometimes after my suggestion) only to have their posts mocked, to be personally insulted, and to be ganged up on by a vast array of personalities that, at best, could be characterized as assassins... Now I have to tell them about the environment and for the most part they are no longer interested.

You, and others of your ideological ilk, seem to consider any disagreement with you to be "mocking." This is, of course, incorrect. This is mocking:
"McGentrix, you are a typical example of the base born plebiscite thwat should shut up and do as their betters tell them."
Do you understand the difference?

Yes. Your statement is against the terms of service and makes you look like an arrogant prick that is trying to use big words in the wrong context.

I never take disagreement as insult, I only take insults as insults, yourself being one of the main contributers.

hobitbob wrote:
Quote:
If you can honestly say that "What a dumb ass Rumsfeld is. So it's okay to invade another country and take it's leader out, kill thousands of it's innocent men, women and children, wipe out it's infastructure, cause complete chaios....etc all to later say that you didn't know what would happen and you knew you didn't know? WTF is that. " is not a whiny, leftist statement, then I really need to re-evaluate my opinion of you.

That is not a "whiny leftist statement." It is a statement of incredulity that a cabinet level appointee would say anything so ridiculous, and that peple would accept such a pathetic excuse.

Like I said, leftist whining.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:02 pm
heeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee . . .

McG, yer more fun than a barrell of monkey's and you last longer than an all-day sucker . . . which is not bad as a description of a Bush supporter . . .

Of course, i'm sure you'll characterize that as whining, since you seem to define whining so broadly as to be meaningless . . .
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:07 pm
Whining? no. Lacking in substance? Yes.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:09 pm
Ah yes, and of course, your whining about the left is so pithy as be impenetrable.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:11 pm
Setanta wrote:
Ah yes, and of course, your whining about the left is so pithy as be impenetrable.

Impenetrable: What a female Bush supporter is...until the second drink! Wink
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:12 pm
I give what I get, Set.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:14 pm
More like you continue what you start. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:43 pm
It's really too bad that what started out as a good post, then a good thread, turned into such a ridiculous back and forth. Why does this happen so consistently on good threads on A2K?

Wink
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
Ill mannered republican children? Wink
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:51 pm
Solution for off-topic complaints...
Here's an area in which anyone can complain about things that aren't relevant to the thread they are in:

Forum for off-topic complaints

I did this in hopes of keeping threads to their posted topics.

Enjoy.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:52 pm
good luck . . . you been on-line for very long?
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 03:54 pm
Pistoff,

Another good article - thanks Smile

Doglover,

The current gang in charge (of the States) may be in a little over their heads right about now. Your WTF was fully justified as for as I'm concerned.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 04:28 pm
Whining
What kind of cheese do any of you prefer with your whine?

Funny that the topic of the post wasn't debated. Oh...wait that is normal. :wink:
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 01:14 pm
McGentrix wrote:

If I had the time or the inclination, I could look up the multitude of conservatives who have logged on to A2K (sometimes after my suggestion) only to have their posts mocked, to be personally insulted, and to be ganged up on by a vast array of personalities that, at best, could be characterized as assassins... Now I have to tell them about the environment and for the most part they are no longer interested.

Your very post is nothing more than a finely veiled insult towards me. I am fine with it though, as I have been here long enough now to know what flies and what doesn't. I have a very thick skin, but others don't.

If you can honestly say that "What a dumb ass Rumsfeld is. So it's okay to invade another country and take it's leader out, kill thousands of it's innocent men, women and children, wipe out it's infastructure, cause complete chaios....etc all to later say that you didn't know what would happen and you knew you didn't know? WTF is that. " is not a whiny, leftist statement, then I really need to re-evaluate my opinion of you.

mmmmm..... I'm just now forming opinions of people being a newbie, but the first thoughts that came to mind regarding this response are:
1) If you write new conservatives and tell them what the "environment" is and they leave rather than participate, maybe they don't agree with what your idea of a conservative is.
2) I'm still looking for any thinly veiled insult towards you in this thread.
3) Since doglover never made one comment about a party in her statement, I think it's you that is jumping to conclusions and reading what you want to into the statement.
4) Just because you had an experience in the past, doesn't define what the experience will be with someone new, unless you decide it will.

People can be republicans and conservatives and express the same exact sentiments doglover did. I say that in confidence as my brother the republican conservative has done a 180 on the Bush administration since helping to put them in office and has said pretty much the same thing doglover did.

My first opinion is you are edgy and defensive and need to lighten up. I'll re-evaluate as I go along and see what "normal" is for you. Razz
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 10:09 pm
Camille wrote:
mmmmm..... I'm just now forming opinions of people being a newbie, but the first thoughts that came to mind regarding this response are:
1) If you write new conservatives and tell them what the "environment" is and they leave rather than participate, maybe they don't agree with what your idea of a conservative is.
3) Since doglover never made one comment about a party in her statement, I think it's you that is jumping to conclusions and reading what you want to into the statement.
4) Just because you had an experience in the past, doesn't define what the experience will be with someone new, unless you decide it will.

People can be republicans and conservatives and express the same exact sentiments doglover did. I say that in confidence as my brother the republican conservative has done a 180 on the Bush administration since helping to put them in office and has said pretty much the same thing doglover did.

My first opinion is you are edgy and defensive and need to lighten up. I'll re-evaluate as I go along and see what "normal" is for you. Razz

I am so glad to see another liberal grace our presence. Welcome!

A2K is a wonderful place and it is full of a wonderful cast of characters. The atmosphere is very much pro-left, anti-right though. Hopefully you have noticed that by now.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:11 pm
Looks like McGentrix is the only one whining here, which is typical. Blame everyone else for your own failings....oh so very typical.

McG, I suggest instead of whining about liberals insulting conservatives that you prove the liberals wrong, if you can, of course.

Otherwise you sound exactly like what you are condemning. You do realize that the personal attack is favored when the intellect cannot cope...and I see you attacking liberals in every thread you decide to show up in.

One can only conclude that you have little of substance to offer other than repetive criticisms of quotes copied over and over again.

I have no opinion about you personally at all. I am only judging by what I see you post. You are whining about people whining, only they aren't whining, you are.

If you did that on a first date, it would be the last date with me. Who has time for this childish nonsense? The world is complicated enough without throwing massive unrealities into it.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:14 pm
I suggest you venture forth into Abuzz.com, McG. The right is downright nasty over there, and they attack liberals with a vengeance, which seems to me what you wish would happen here. Trust me, you will feel right at home there, and you can attack without mercy, insult without end, even use bad language to make your drooling points. Go for it dude. You have no idea how satisfying venting all your hatred on anonymous people can be. But be warned. There are far more liberals there too. The few conservatives use all kinds of fake names to look like a big conservative crowd, but it is really just two or three nuts ranting against the evil liberal menace. You should fit right in nicely, if you aren't actually hanging there already.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:15 pm
Oh, and by the way, there are a lot of smart, savvy liberals over there too. They're everywhere.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:15 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Camille wrote:

I am so glad to see another liberal grace our presence. Welcome!

A2K is a wonderful place and it is full of a wonderful cast of characters. The atmosphere is very much pro-left, anti-right though. Hopefully you have noticed that by now.

No, I haven't noticed that, but if that's true, and you feel so outnumbered, why do you stay here? The Baltimore Sun BB has lots of people like you that you could talk with.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 11:22 pm
Camille, you won't need to re-evaluate. You are right on the money. Just extrapolate from your initial observations, and it will lead you right to the problem, which is already manifesting in this thread. Single words repeated once sum it up nicely. HA HA, Nah Nah, Wah Wah, Blah Blah, Poo Poo, Tut Tut, etc...

This is not an ad hominen attack. It is just an observation. I have no emotional opinion about anyone here. It's seeing a black kettle and calling it black. This statement was in no way intended to be a racist slur, either. I apologize if any observation I may have made is suggestive of an insult. It was not intended as such.
0 Replies