New Bush Ad...

McGentrix

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:05 am
<shakes head>

Unbelievable. I am ashamed that there are people like this in the world. Your hatred is no better than the God hates fag people, or the KKK, or the nazi's. You don't like that someone disagrees with you, your answer? Kill them.

You sicken me.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Mon 22 Mar, 2004 08:21 am
doglover wrote:
Sure Kerry has faults and he wasn't my first choice as the Dem's nominee (Clark or Edwards were). But, one thing that Kerry has that Bush will never has is integrity and the ability to get along with the other kids in the sandbox. [/b]

I was flipping channels yesterday and caught the rebroadcast of Kerry, at 27 years old, testifying in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.
Even though I was an activist during the 60's, somehow I missed actually seeing the entire testimony, probably because it was pre C-Span. I sat riveted watching this 27 year old take on "the establishment" with words that sent chills as they could describe Iraq today, as well as Vietnam then.
At the same time I was thinking, here is John Kerry, at 27, returning from a tour of Vietnam in active duty (not a staged hour at Thanksgiving), standing up for his country that was going down the wrong path, standing up for his beliefs, standing up for the servicemen and veterans. And where was George? Out partying getting drunk.

The paths these two men took to get to the 2004 presidential election are radically different. One walks the talk, the other just talks the talk.
The choice is clear where my vote will go.

Here's the testimony-

"The country doesn't realize it yet but it has created a monster in the form of thousands of men who have been taught to deal and trade in violence and who are given the chance to die for the biggest nothing in history - men who have returned with a sense of anger and betrayal that no one so far has been able to grasp. We are angry because we feel we have been used in the worst fashion by the administration of this country."

and the rest is here-

http://www.richmond.edu/~ebolt/history398/JohnKerryTestimony.html
0 Replies