New Bush Ad...

Jer

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 07:56 pm
In another attempt to mislead US citizens George Bush has taken Kerry's own words and turned them against him.

It blows me away that Bush is trying to win this thing by using a comment made by Kerry that is taken totally out of context - How stupid does he think Americans are?

Read the following article to see what I'm talking about:

Check out the latest Bush Ad...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,523 • Replies: 21
No top replies

revel

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:13 pm
Good article. I tried my darndest to find something on this for a discussion on another thread concerning this very issue. I finally gave up.

I think that cheney/bush team fail to realize that there is only so much they can bring up concerning Kerry and since they have already brought up so much so early people are going to get tired of the attacks. What fueled the democrats attacks is that we had so much built up frustration, but we have ranted for quite a while now and have really said all that we have wanted to say. I don't think there is that much frustration to fuel the republicans now that clinton is not there to fan their hatred.

In other words, I think it is going to be a close election with either one winning. I only hope that it is kerry.
0 Replies

roverroad

Reply Thu 18 Mar, 2004 10:25 pm
Re: New Bush Ad...
Well if Kerry was indecisive than so was the majority of the American population because a lot of people have changed their mind on the war. Not me, I was against it from day one. And they called me Un-American a year ago for not supporting the invasion of Iraq.

Besides, it's not a flip-flop on the issue that Kerry is guilty of. It's Bush's mis handling of the war that Kerry objects to.

As for your comment about how stupid does Bush think Americans are... Well, that could go to his advantage because there are a lot of stupid Americans that will buy anything this president says. Thankfully most of them aren't on A2K.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 05:44 am
I think that Bush is shooting himself in the foot. I think that it is inappropriate for an incumbent to be anything but "presidential". The incumbent needs to tell people what he has accomplished in his first term. To produce mud slinging ads tells me that Bush is scared, mighty scared.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 06:04 am
Stupid
"Stupid is as stupid does."

George figures the American public is as stupid as he is. He might be half right.

See how stupid he is here:

http://www.thedubyareport.com/
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 06:06 am
I agree that the mud slinging shows the fear Bush has. If he did such a great job, he should have plenty of material to show his accomplishmnets. The bigger question is whether or not enough of the Bush sheeple have noticed or are they still buying the bull?
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 06:12 am
Camille, I think the heard of Bush sheep is getting smaller and smaller all the time. Come election time, I predict Kerry will lead Bush in the polls 55% to 45%. And should Osama be captured/killed before then, I don't think his capture will give Bush any significant gain in the polls other than an immediate bounce.
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 06:12 am
The Sheep
It isn't the bushit sheep that are the concern. It's those "Undecided Sheep" that may swing the election.

8 more months of sheeit flinging will get tedious for all though.

Bushco might have to come up with some actual evidence that they have done a good job for the American people.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 06:20 am
doglover wrote:
Camille, I think the heard of Bush sheep is getting smaller and smaller all the time. Come election time, I predict Kerry will lead Bush in the polls 55% to 45%. And should Osama be captured/killed before then, I don't think his capture will give Bush any significant gain in the polls other than an immediate bounce.

I think you are right but many are probably afraid of actually "coming out" for fear of being labeled "unAmerican" or having the Homeland Security police watching. Hopefully they are braver inside that voting booth!
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 07:02 am
Quote:
Well if Kerry was indecisive than so was the majority of the American population because a lot of people have changed their mind on the war. Not me, I was against it from day one. And they called me Un-American a year ago for not supporting the invasion of Iraq.

I know exactly what you mean, I could say the very same words about myself. The polls before showed that most Americans were for the war in Iraq and now it is down a lot. So I guess an awful lot of people are flip floppers.

Besides which, Kerry was right, the additional money that they asked for should have budgeted. What is wrong with fiscal responsiblity? Furthermore, the bill passed and the troops still don't have their body armor. Parents are sending body armor themselves out of their own pockets.

Even if everything turns around, I still wouldn't vote for Bush and Cheney. I don't see how anyone else could either just because it is obvious that they are unprincipled liars who will go to any lengths for their agendas. But who knows how people will think by the time the election comes around.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 19 Mar, 2004 10:18 am
Quote:
I know exactly what you mean, I could say the very same words about myself. The polls before showed that most Americans were for the war in Iraq and now it is down a lot. So I guess an awful lot of people are flip floppers.

It's not a matter of flip flopping. It's a matter of finding out that there were no WMD and that we were lead into war under false pretense. People don't like to have thier trust violated.

Quote:
Besides which, Kerry was right, the additional money that they asked for should have budgeted. What is wrong with fiscal responsiblity? Furthermore, the bill passed and the troops still don't have their body armor. Parents are sending body armor themselves out of their own pockets.

Bush hasn't got a clue and he doesn't give a rats ass about the troops fighting in Iraq. That's obvious because he won't allow their caskets to be photographed returning to the US from Germany. Out of sight out of mind Bush figures. While I do not support the war I support the troops. It's pathetic that our men and women are fighting without the body armor necessary for their protection.

Quote:
Even if everything turns around, I still wouldn't vote for Bush and Cheney. I don't see how anyone else could either just because it is obvious that they are unprincipled liars who will go to any lengths for their agendas. But who knows how people will think by the time the election comes around.

More and more Americans feel the way you do. Bush and his lying administration are becoming more and more transparent. By election time, Bush will be toast.
0 Replies

Camille

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 01:17 pm
doglover wrote:
Quote:

It's not a matter of flip flopping. It's a matter of finding out that there were no WMD and that we were lead into war under false pretense. People don't like to have thier trust violated.

so true, so true.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 04:19 pm
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=40IBTBE2PPN1ECRBAEOCFFA?type=topNews&storyID=4612199

Bush doesn't want to outsource our national security decisions to other countries, just our jobs, which is of course, the most profound national security we have.

The world is starting to wake up to the real terrorists, and of course, as they have always been, they are the ones with the imperial underpinnings.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 04:32 pm
Worry not about Bush winning the election. With no positive messages showing real accomplishments, Bush will wallow in negativity. Plus haven't you noticed? No matter what he says or does, he is immediately and widely attacked for this matter of lying and flip-flopping that is supposedly why we should not vote for Kerry. Bush's campaign plan was destroyed with his first ads too. Those ads were the base for all the other ads to come, and you can be sure they are scrambling to rework them all to avoid more protests and criticisms. It's kind of late in the campaign season to be having to do that too. The bottom line here is clear too. Everything Bush touches turns to turmoil, not gold. This has been going on for a long time now, and it will get worse the closer we get to election time. I just hope the murderous bastid doesn't blow up an American city to spread fear so far and wide they will keep him in office to keep us "safe and strong".

Plus there is another aspect to all of this. Every action Bush makes is clearly NOT stemming from republican ideology. They are thinking they can start making the changes now and people won't really notice, but people are noticing...and Bush has to backstep each time. They want to install their ideology, but that ideology is anathema to most Americans, and they know it. They can only backpedal so many times before the question starts popping up, "Well, what are they really up to here?"

Want to know? Read up on the Federalist Party in the early years of our country. They were laughed out of government by 1823 because of their old world order preference for Americans, and they went into the economy instead, where they have remained all this time. Now their bribing of the government is seeking to get their Federalist ideology back into government, but people are dead set against it no matter where they try to set it up BECAUSE THE FEDERALISTS ARE THE TOTAL OPPOSITE OF REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS ALIKE. Don't believe me, check it out for yourself. The THIRD ideology in this country from Day One wanted to replicate the Old World in the New World, and they met stiff resistance then and they are meeting stiff resistance now.

You see, they have been hiding behind the masks of democrats and republicans, even though their goals are all federalist. At first, it wasn't obvious, but by this late date, it is becoming painfully obvious that the republicans have something much different than republicanism in mind for this country.

The one saving grace is that people are intelligent enough to see through this. Bush went blatantly around the entire country trying to get his old world plan into place, but people keep seeing it for the nonsense it is, thus he comes under attack and has to back off. Federalists have a fatal flaw you see. They think the masses are all unwashed and ignorant, and as such, will defer to the decisions of their superiors.

This is of course, an antique idea that has no basis in reality in the modern world, and amen to that.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 05:20 pm
Umbagog,

Thanks for your posts. You stated one of my main fears - that there will be some form of "terrorism" near election time, causing people to vote for Bush. I really hope this doesn't happen.

It concerns me that the people who are creating the Bush ads don't see that taking a comment totally out of context and putting it into a false context is the equivalent of lying. Let's see them try and win the election on Bush's merits, rather than the fabricated faults of Kerry.

***By no means am I saying that Kerry doesn't have any faults or that he is who I would like to see as the president - it's just that I don't want to see Bush in office any longer and given the options...
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 09:41 pm
Jer wrote:
Umbagog,
Thanks for your posts. You stated one of my main fears - that there will be some form of "terrorism" near election time, causing people to vote for Bush. I really hope this doesn't happen.
I'm not so sure that an act of terrorism would guarantee a Bush victory. Just remember what happened in Spain last week. That terrorism attack cost their current president (the one who supported the war in Iraq) his re-election.
It concerns me that the people who are creating the Bush ads don't see that taking a comment totally out of context and putting it into a false context is the equivalent of lying. Let's see them try and win the election on Bush's merits, rather than the fabricated faults of Kerry.
The people who are creating the Bush ads know exactly what they are doing by distorting the facts. They have no other choice but to try and destroy their opponet (Kerry) with falsehoods and outright lies. Bush has no merits on which to base real, honest ads on.
***By no means am I saying that Kerry doesn't have any faults or that he is who I would like to see as the president - it's just that I don't want to see Bush in office any longer and given the options...

Sure Kerry has faults and he wasn't my first choice as the Dem's nominee (Clark or Edwards were). But, one thing that Kerry has that Bush will never has is integrity and the ability to get along with the other kids in the sandbox.
0 Replies

Jer

Reply Sat 20 Mar, 2004 09:44 pm
doglover - I agree 100%
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 08:16 pm
They are getting pretty blatant, aren't they? They must really think we are a bunch of idiots who can't see through their magic tricks. Maybe we are. I hope not. Otherwise we will all become slaves again.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 08:24 pm
Oh, I think something untoward is going to happen near election time, but it will backfire, just like it did in Spain. Any attack near an election causes immediate hysteria that the people we are voting for CAN'T protect us.

Of course, Bush is thinking along the lines of FDR, in that the country needs continuity to win the war, but that was a different war and a different time. America was in grave danger then, and it was a world war, so it made sense to give FDR more time to win it.

That is not the case with Iraq. For one thing, FDR didn't start WW II. He inherited it. Bush started this war, making it his war he can't win, not a world war we needed to stay on top of to win. So if Bush is thinking to blow up a city or two in America to spread fear so that people will keep him in office, and I admit, this is highly insidious, but not above the realm of the possible, then Bush is making a grave error, as Spain has amply demonstrated. Bush won't DARE appear weak now. And that is the bottom line here. If an attack occurs, Bush will look weak, and Americans vote for strong leaders, not weak leaders. Bush is probably praying to whatever subterranean god he worships that the peace is maintained through next November. If the terrorists manage to pull off another big attack ( which they are threatening to do in waves, actually ) then Bush will look like the incompetent boob he is, and Americans will tear him to shreds for not being able to protect us here in America.

Especially after his safer, stronger campaign he is trying to run down our throats. Any booms now will work against him, not for him.

I don't think this country could survive another four years of Bush. If he wins, we all become targets for not voting him out of office. I mean, when confronted with the right thing to do and then not doing it, you get what you deserve.
0 Replies

Umbagog

Reply Sun 21 Mar, 2004 08:28 pm
Which leads me to a final thought.

Those Americans lying and obfuscating and confusing the issues to preserve the power of their witless hero are truly, absolutely American traitors. The evidence is ample now that Bush is not a good president, and no matter how much it stains the republican party, for the good of the country, this dufus needs to go. He had his chance, and he blew it. Anyone who refuses to recognize how poor a leader Bush is is a traitor to America, period. And they deserve the punishments we dole out for traitors in this country. This isn't just their country, it belongs to all Americans, not just half of them. Anyone advocating more incompetence to lead us just out of partisan power considerations needs to be shot in the head and left out for the buzzards to eat. Our country won't work with idiots at the helm. And if you won't admit Bush is an idiot, then you aren't too concerned about your country...

Believe me, you don't want to mess with the buzzards...
0 Replies