WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO RUN FOR THE PRESIDENCY?

Slimmerson

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 08:01 am
While G.W.Bush may be skewed on some issues, I find him and Laura a very welcome change from the last pair that were in the white house.
It seems to me that if we stood more behind the President on issues we agree on and still let him know where we think he is wrong it would do more good than the sniping that has gone on to date.
I am not a strong one on polls, but his approval ratings are still pretty high for a President that has so many Democrats and Liberals second guessing each and every move.
What I would like to know is, do you think all of the insulting and disparaging does any good and is there a place for it in America politics today? Cool
0 Replies

Equus

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 09:30 am
I find it interesting that in the United States politicians run for office while in Great Britain they stand for office. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the voting public is legally armed with handguns in the US and not in the UK?
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 09:42 am
Equus wrote:
I find it interesting that in the United States politicians run for office while in Great Britain they stand for office. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the voting public is legally armed with handguns in the US and not in the UK?

The Brits "stood" for office long before handgun ownership was banned. lol
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 10:37 am
Equus wrote:
I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that the voting public is legally armed with handguns in the US and not in the UK?

Not On-Topic here, but a thought arises; The US citizen collectively possesses a couple hundred million individual firearms, scores of millions of 2-way radios, and tens of millions of off-road vehicles. That appears to offer the makings of a far more formidable militia than that which assisted in the ousting of our former colonial master. This would be a most problematic nation to subdue by means of invasion.

timber
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 16 Dec, 2002 11:04 am
Slimmerson, Those of us that have thrown disparities against GWBush are on the issues: 1) Some of us do not believe in pre-empting a war with Iraq, 2) Some of us think their association with the energy industry shows a conflict of interest, 3) They do not seem concerned enough about ecology and our environment, and 4) I do not believe in his ten year tax reduction plan, simply because it's impossible to predict the economy for ten years. c.i.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 09:04 pm
This post is younger than my age.
"Dec 15, 2002 8:29 am Post: 38287
So far none can make a better picture of USA.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Sat 19 Apr, 2008 10:03 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
This post is younger than my age.
"Dec 15, 2002 8:29 am Post: 38287
So far none can make a better picture of USA.

Rama, could you keep these threads in the past where they belong?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 03:37 pm
amen
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 03:41 pm
http://www.onejerusalem.com/wp-content/Jon_Stewart_Flag_Background.jpg
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 01:36 pm
hystoric threads should be revived.
Otherwise history repeats.
I had revived this thread to remind about the past.
Rama
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:02 pm
American Democracy is a show business.
Democracy had not taken root in USA.
This is my view.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Sun 22 Jun, 2008 10:08 pm
NOW THE LINES ARE DRAWN...REP: McCAIN; DEM: ABAMA.

What does America need at this time in history?

What do the candidates have to offer?

Which one will grow with the job?

What one will be the best communicator?
0 Replies