Is religion responsible for the opposition to peace in the Israel-Palestine conflict?

InfraBlue

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:16 pm
@Foofie,
Foofie wrote:

This thread started in 2013. It was no sooner resurrected in 2016 than the anti-Zionists, in my opinion, jumped on it with saliva virtually dripping from one's mouth. With all that is going on in the Middle East today, including a young child, for example, being a suicide bomber in Turkey (a wedding no less), not to mention the hostilities in Iraq, Syria, Yemen, Egypt, and other nearby countries, it is obvious that Jews need a safe haven from Jew Obsessed Goyim. And, one might wonder (read sarcastic) why so many Jews world-wide believe in what should be an archaic concept (a national state based on ethnicity). It's the mischegoyim (it's the mixed up gentiles).

You're not an island, entire of yourself, you know.
InfraBlue

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:38 pm
@oralloy,
oralloy wrote:

InfraBlue wrote:
"Israel" in that line is not a reference to culture. It doesn't make sense read that way.

It is a reference to a distinct body of people with their own name. Sure sounds like a culture to me.

It sounds like a culture to you. It's not a reference to culture, however.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
You're merely repeating your misconceptions.

No misconception. There is archaeological evidence of the Israeli culture in the West Bank as far back as 1200 BC.

That neighboring peoples, descended from the former Canaanites just like the Israelis, had similar cultural practices does not mean it is not evidence of Israeli culture.

Repeating yourself doesn't make it any less of a misconception.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
"House of" could refer to the family line of a chieftain as its use is distinguished by the use of the word "king" in the same passage.

Perhaps. But there is no doubt that the northern Israelite state was a full kingdom in the ninth century BC.

And it shows that there was a leader named David who did found a dynasty that eventually led to the Kingdom of Judah.

This is another presumption not supported by the text of the stele.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
The passage refers to besieging a town in Samaria, not besieging Samaria the city.

There was no "town in Samaria" back then. Samaria was the name of the capital of the northern Israelite kingdom.

There were towns in Samaria, e.g. Tirzah, along with the one called Samaria, although the passage probably does refer to Samaria the town.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
You're basing your claim on that argument.

I have never based my claim on any religious precepts. I base my claim entirely on history and archaeology.

You're basing your claims on your presumptions that are based on the Biblical legends and myths.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
It's a delusional argument.

That the West Bank is the homeland of the Jewish people is very soundly backed by history and archaeology.

Repeating the delusion doesn't make it any less of a delusion.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
That's your claim unsupported by history or archaeology.

History and archaeology are very clear on the fact that the West Bank is the ancient homeland of the Jews.

You're repeating your delusion, again.

oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
That's a gross generalization unsupported by history or archaeology in regard to the Zionist Ashkenazim.

History and archaeology are very clear on the fact that the West Bank is the ancient homeland of the Jews.

And again.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 03:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Quote:
I looked at your A2K profile to try and determine your age but have to say I couldn't get past the first paragraph of your self-congratulatory bio.

You know how I know when I'm talking with someone who doesn't have a point? It's when they research me instead of the subject at hand, hoping that it will do something to enhance their pointlessness. It doesn't! The story in my profile is just something that happened to me. You shouldn't read too much into it or use it to make a point about something unrelated to it; that gives the impression that you're still in your twenties. Are you?
Quote:
I'm not trying to change the subject, I'm trying to pinpoint your views.

I've stated my view. I said that Israel's breaking of a ceasefire with Hamas indicates the level of Israel's commitment to peace. What did you think it indicated?
Quote:
The "fact" about what Israel has done since Operation Agatha is totally immaterial

Really? So building settlements on occupied territory in contravention of International Law is immaterial? Care to rethink that statement?
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:00 pm
@oralloy,
Glennn wrote: You said that Israel never broke a ceasefire with Hamas.

Quote:
Have you considered taking a reading comprehension class?

Good. We've finally established that you are aware that Israel broke a ceasefire with Hamas.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:01 pm
@Glennn,
And you still dodge the simple question I asked.

Why is so hard for you to answer it?
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:13 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You said so much that I don't recall your question. Ask it now.

And don't be so closed mouthed about your feelings about Israel building settlements on occupied territory in contravention of International Law.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:14 pm
@Glennn,
Ha!

You're capable of going back a few posts aren't you?

Whether you're capable of answering the question honestly is not so clear.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:15 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
You're stalling. Ask your question.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:16 pm
@Glennn,
You're stalling, answer my question.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:18 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I think you need to come to terms with your inability to ask your question in an adult fashion, and then work on that. I'll offer you one more chance to ask your question.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:21 pm
@Glennn,
It was asked and you've been dodging it ever since.

It shouldn't require repeating to get you to answer it.

So stop your silly crap.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Everyone can take note that Finn is playing a childish game of hide and seek. He's hidden his question and now it is up to me to find it. He could ask his question, but it appears that he has reconsidered that option, and is now trying to prove something that has nothing at all to do with this thread.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:26 pm
@Glennn,
Everyone should take note that I asked you a clear question but you want to play some childish games of "I'm the Toughest" and make me repeat it.

You are intellectually pathetic.

You get off on "brilliantly" countering orraloy's comments but when it comes to the meat of the matter you run away.

Fine coward.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:30 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Still afraid to articulate your question? Okay . . .

Perhaps someone could help ol' Finn out. He sounds like he has a question that would just cut me off at the knees, but for reasons known only to himself, he refuses to ask it. Will someone hunt down his question and ask it for him?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:33 pm
@Glennn,
Still want to continue this pathetic dodge? Okay...
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:35 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I'm just asking you to ask your question. Why are you acting like the drama queen? Do yourself a favor and ask your frickin' question.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:36 pm
@Glennn,
Do yourself a favor and scroll back.
Glennn

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:40 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
My guess is that you looked for it and even you couldn't find it. That's the only reason I can come up with for you not just asking it.

But since you're here, what are your feelings concerning Israel's illegal settlements?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:45 pm
@Glennn,
OK you gutless asswipe, you "win." Happy?

Here is the effing question that was readily recognizable to even a light weight like you.

Quote:
but do you think that the violence of the Palestinians (and surely you're not going to argue it doesn't exist) is any less prevalent or less unacceptable than what you cite as Zionist violence?

So now answer it clearly and stop all this dodging shite of which you seem to enjoy so much.

My guess is that you are a clown.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 24 Aug, 2016 04:47 pm
@Glennn,
It shows his dishonesty in how he posts. He makes some ridiculous statement and than spends the rest of his time hiding and playing games. Basically he lies than spends the rest of the time denying that he lied.