Dr. Benjamin Carson @ National Prayer Breakfast

maxdancona

Mon 11 Feb, 2013 09:18 pm
@H2O MAN,
You conservatives are a riot. This speech was a non-event outside of the conservative echo chamber. It was hardly even mentioned anywhere else.

Yawn.
H2O MAN

Mon 11 Feb, 2013 09:24 pm
@maxdancona,

Denial to the Max
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 12 Feb, 2013 02:20 pm

Seeing Obama's facial expressions while Dr. Carson spoke the truth was priceless.

I wish we could also see Michelle's face... I'm sure she rolled her eyes a few times Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Sat 16 Feb, 2013 07:19 am

More from Dr. Carson...
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 18 Feb, 2013 09:57 am

The left panics whenever Dr. Carson speaks.
His use of common sense, facts and logic confuses the hell out of liberal democrats.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 18 Feb, 2013 12:39 pm

Dr. Benjamin Carson's fight for real change
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 28 Feb, 2013 08:21 pm

Dr. Ben Carson: Can Americans still endure hardship?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 2 May, 2013 07:19 am
Dr. Benjamin Carson

0 Replies

revelette

Thu 2 May, 2013 08:07 am
@maxdancona,
Jesus said, "if you would be perfect." No one can be perfect, Jesus often spoke in irony. Jesus told him the most important thing to be good was to keep the commandments, the fellow made the boast that he has already done that. No one could keep all the commandments all the time.

Quote:
Romans 3:23 "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,"

However, you are right, Jesus did teach to give to the poor to have everlasting life.

Quote:
Matthew 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy[c] angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him,[d] saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 2 May, 2013 08:18 am

Dr. Ben Carson spoke the truth about Obama and liberals lost their collective minds.
0 Replies

revelette

Thu 2 May, 2013 08:32 am
I can't hear the video, however, there were few times Jesus mentioned taxes. One was Capernaum, where those who took up tribute money asked Peter if he paid the tribute.

Quote:
Matthew 17:24 And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?

25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?

26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.

27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.

Another was in Jerusalem, when the Pharisees tried to trick him.

Quote:
Matthew 22:15 Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk.

16 And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that thou art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest thou for any man: for thou regardest not the person of men.

17 Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not?

18 But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?

19 Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny.

20 And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription?

21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

22 When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

Neither one can be taken to mean a flat tax unless you want it to mean a flat tax.

However, Jesus did teach that to love money was the other master to loving God.

Quote:
Matthew 6:24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?

I didn't even watch the Prayer breakfast, but if Obama looked at him funny, probably because he thought it was inapropriate to bring political disscussions to a prayer breakfast. But typically conservative in some groups.
(lost my spell checker)

0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 2 May, 2013 08:38 am

If only Obama were blessed with just a tiny % of the class, dignity, wisdom and
experience Dr. Carson has BHO would be a better man, sadly this is not the case.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Tue 14 May, 2013 01:39 pm
http://p.twimg.com/A9KyN3DCcAEKfsO.jpg:large
0 Replies