Dental Treatment - nerves, sedation, can you help me?

Piffka

Reply Thu 25 Mar, 2004 11:03 pm
You're welcome, TZ. Stupid dental caries -- it's awful to worry about them... why do we have them anyway? They don't seem natural! I do hope that your dread about the dental treatments has been talked out (at least a little bit) and it won't seem so horrible for you next time you're "in the chair."
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 28 Mar, 2004 05:38 am
Thinkzinc wrote:
Hiya,
Thanks everyone, for the further replies. It's good to know that I'm not the only scaredy around Very Happy
I had to cancel my appointment because I had a heavy cold, and still have a cough, so I reckon I will reschedule once the cough is gone - wouldn't want to risk coughing and moving my head at an inopportune moment and getting the wrong tooth drilled, lol! But I really will reschedule though, and I will take on board all the advice. To those who recommended a second opinion, unfortunately that is impossible - there is such a shortage of NHS dentists in the UK that it took me a year to be registered with my latest one, and I can't afford to go private. He seems pretty professional though, and I have a friend who has found him very good, so fingers crossed he isn't just drilling all my teeth just for profit and fun Very Happy

How many dental schools are there?
0 Replies

Thinkzinc

Reply Sat 3 Apr, 2004 05:36 pm
There are none - that is why there is such a shortage of dentists here Sad The last one closed a few years back.
0 Replies